Old 09-18-2018, 02:26 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 203 Times in 114 Posts

Small sample size (maybe 20-25 roller shots) but I had great results with the Sail as a roller disc until I lost it - it did not curl out early for me at all
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-18-2018, 03:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 19
Niced 872 Times in 494 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by etdefender19 View Post
Small sample size (maybe 20-25 roller shots) but I had great results with the Sail as a roller disc until I lost it - it did not curl out early for me at all
What weight, plastic blend and color were you throwing?
Old 09-18-2018, 03:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 29
Niced 203 Times in 114 Posts

Yellow, ProLine, I think the weight was 170-172 but not sure on that
Old 09-21-2018, 08:25 PM
* Ace Member *

I got my 170g pink proline sail in today and took it out and threw a round. I am loving the disc, some of my longest shots ever.

The numbers are off though. It's faster than a Volt but slower than a Inertia. Less turn than the Vamp but more than the Heat.
It glides like a Comet....

I am saying 9.5, 6, -2, 1

Niced: (3)
Old 04-23-2019, 02:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 632 Times in 497 Posts
Default Sail

Tossed a Sail around for a bit on the field today. Had never seen one before. Mine is glitter Z plastic (or whatever DGA calls it). Unknown weight. VERY domey.

This thing reminded me of a light DX Leopard. Other than throwing rollers across the grass (something I never do on the course) this disc had no use to me. It is VIOLENTLY understable, like the most understable driver I've ever seen.

Even releasing from a steep hyzer angle the Sail would corkscrew into the ground. The power requirement on this disc is nonexistent. New players should look at the Sail. It will provide an effortless 325' with exceptional glide.

The Sail seems similar to the Heat, but the Heat will accept way more power without turning and burning.

As for rollers, the Sail seemed to work. I threw a couple that ended up straight. I had zero trouble getting this disc on its rim to roll.

Sail: 9, 6, -5, 1. Yes, I rate this thing -5 on high speed turn. The Sail is super, super understable and I literally couldn't power it down enough to throw a flat air shot with it. Even Mambas and Roadrunners have a better shot of not flipping than this thing. Very floaty, slow driver. 6 glide here is legit. This disc would be a nightmare in the wind.

Good disc for rollers or for extreme beginners, that's about it.

Last edited by Twmccoy; 04-23-2019 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Tossed a Sail around for a bit on the field today. Had never seen one before. Mine is glitter Z plastic (or whatever DGA calls it). Unknown weight. VERY domey.

This thing reminded me of a light DX Leopard. Other than throwing rollers across the grass (something I never do on the course) this disc had no use to me. It is VIOLENTLY understable, like the most understable driver I've ever seen.

Even releasing from a steep hyzer angle the Sail would corkscrew into the ground. The power requirement on this disc is nonexistent. New players should look at the Sail. It will provide an effortless 325' with exceptional glide.

The Sail seems similar to the Heat, but the Heat will accept way more power without turning and burning.

As for rollers, the Sail seemed to work. I threw a couple that ended up straight. I had zero trouble getting this disc on its rim to roll.

Sail: 9, 6, -5, 1. Yes, I rate this thing -5 on high speed turn. The Sail is super, super understable and I literally couldn't power it down enough to throw a flat air shot with it. Even Mambas and Roadrunners have a better shot of not flipping than this thing. Very floaty, slow driver. 6 glide here is legit. This disc would be a nightmare in the wind.

Good disc for rollers or for extreme beginners, that's about it.
Glitter Z = SP

I have Proline 168-169 in my bag. Whilst it is understable, it throws fine.
Like the Comet, it will not handle any OAT at all. It needs more spin than the common driver as well.

True deal about it being glide of 6 though.

Niced: (1)

Old 04-23-2019, 11:13 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,135 Times in 1,006 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post

I threw BogeyNoMore's Sail (a whopping one throw) and it's really weird to me how much more understable the Sail is compared to the Heat because they're almost twins. The Sail has a bit sharper wing but that's about it. My one throw flew like my understable Big Z Heat. I was curious b/c I really like the Heat but I'm pretty sure I only like like the domey, heavy Z's so I'm keeping an eye out for anything I don't have to inspect personally. I don't think the Sail is this disc.

It does seem like a good disc for noobs and lower power arms though.