Old 12-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 82 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEMAMA View Post
Is there a variation in the runs or is it different plastic types that effect the stability or is it a toss up as to what's stable and what's flippy? I'd hate to buy one and it be a roller out of the box.
From the 6-10 I've thrown, all have started very neutral (straight with fade). I'm not sure how many different runs I've thrown, though. At least 2.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2014, 05:22 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,123 Times in 1,002 Posts

I have a pro line that I complement with a Nebula and a Fuse. I wish my Squall was a little more neutral and finish straighter bc there's not a whole lot of difference between it and my beat Neb. The Squall just has better hss and a little less fade.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 1
Niced 139 Times in 97 Posts

the squall is a lot more stable and faster then where it is on the marshal street chart. I would put it where the impact is on the chart IMHO.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-20-2014, 11:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 82
Niced 129 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUGNIFICENT763 View Post
dga squall = beadless discraft storm mold

sweet tweener but i dig my jolly launcher gazelle more.
Squalls and JL gazelles should not be in the same conversation. Maybe squall and a DX gazelle...
Old 12-21-2014, 02:12 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 24
Niced 25 Times in 18 Posts

I've had a Squall in my bag since I pretty much started playing, and because a couple buddies of mine work at DGA too. I prefer the SP Squalls because you can put a little more on them. I personally throw a Glow Squall with the Midnight Flyer stamp on it. They are my go to discs when I need something that just goes straight all day. Released with a slight hyzer and it just flips up to flat and hooks onto that line. I use to have a First Run that was more beat in, but it was by no means flippy. They are extremely versatile, and in minimalist bags, they could easily take over all midrange needs. I pair mine with a Champ Roc3 and Legend Gauge.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 62
Niced 82 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupid trees View Post
What are you guys pairing your squalls with? Right now I am pairing mine with hornets and comets. I feel like my squalls and hornets overlap stability wise, but there is a huge speed difference so I like having both in the bag.
I just set my initial bag for the year. I have them paired with Aftershocks and Drones. I also have them paired with Eagles.

Your Squall overlaps with the Hornet stability-wise? Or the Comet? Cause the Comet is slower than both, and neutral to understable like the Squall.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw80550 View Post
Squalls and JL gazelles should not be in the same conversation. Maybe squall and a DX gazelle...
Yeah. There's mp overlap there. ATM they're paired with a beat in PMD2 that turns easily and a CMd2 that's a touch more overstable with a gremlin bookending. The squall goes farther than the MD2's so it also slots in similar to a shorter FD. You throw it and it goes straight. Superior driving mid.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:22 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 26
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ensor View Post
I just set my initial bag for the year. I have them paired with Aftershocks and Drones. I also have them paired with Eagles.

Your Squall overlaps with the Hornet stability-wise? Or the Comet? Cause the Comet is slower than both, and neutral to understable like the Squall.
I meant to say that it overlaps with my comets. But after putting my aftershocks back in the bag I am starting to think that the hornet ,aftershock, squall combo is the way to go. I forgot how good aftershocks were.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 225
Niced 54 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupid trees View Post
They are both really neutral in stability. Sparkles are more hss and have less fade and prolines have a little more turn and fade, in my experience. Sparkles are the way to go, they just fly better.
Yep.

D-Line Squalls start out like Prolines new. The turn increases with wear pretty quick, but it maintains its fade at the end pretty well, making it a good choice for turning shots between 200-300'.

Glow Squalls fly like super seasoned SPs. They have less HSS and more glide than SPs. For those reasons, I don't feel as comfortable controlling MF'ers powered up all the way. It also needs more hyzer on release to prevent it from wandering right, at least IME.

I like SP Squalls for the shots that need to be straighter than a powered down Tsunami/Undertow with a bit more distance than my Aftershock. PLs max out around 300' for me, and I can stretch the SP to 320' w/o sacrificing control. I'm bagging a SP as a fairway disc and for tight lines in the woods. I keep my reliable PL in the side pocket more as a situational disc, but my PL Aftershock covers most of the shots I used to rely on it for.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 56
Niced 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default Beefy Squall

Flat, beefy Squall: