Old 03-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Definitely a slightly modified force, and definitely more overstable than a nuke and a little less than some really overstable forces. I've owned 7 so far 5 proline 169-175g and 2 sp 175g. They are all from the newer flat runs and when new they were all equally overstable like a nice overstable force or destroyer thrown flat 400 feet but not meathooks by any means. The prolines beat in at about the same rate as star destroyers. I highly recommend them as a destroyer/force/giant/d1/scorpius/Olace competitor.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by threevok View Post
Just received 4 First Flight Hurricanes in the mail. All 4 have the same PLH and dome. Comparing them to some of my production Proline Canes I have, 2 of my production runs have the same PLH and same dome. Some of my other production run Canes have a higher PLH and are flat. I'm glad I got a great deal on the FFs as I would have hated to spend big bucks for a stack of discs I already have a stack of. Weather too nasty to test but I expect the FFs to fly just like the production run equals. I'll report back to the 2 readers who care if the FF knocks my socks off.
If you don't like them, pm me and maybe we can work out something. I hope that you like them. They are my main distance driver. I've never thrown a production run proline though.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:43 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 25 Times in 18 Posts

I am phasing out my destroyers and going all Proline 'canes for my distance shots just because of the better consistency when compared to destroyers. I'm tired of hunting for good ones. I also live real close to the DGA warehouse, so I can always go in and handpick my favorite Hurricanes.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:29 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

My view is with the current runs of forces there are flatter forces and domey forces.

Flat forces are zero turn and probably a 3-4 fade at the end.

Domey forces are -1 turn and 2-3 fade.

Hurricanes to me fall in the middle. Straighter all around then the domey forces but not meat hooks like a nice flat first run force.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 56
Niced 10 Times in 10 Posts

I threw one of my new First Flight Hurricanes today. It didn't fly any different than one of the fresh production run ones I have that has the same dome and PLH. They're great Hurricanes; I just won't be looking for any more.

On another note, what are you Hurricane throwers using for longer distance drivers. I get 50 or more feet from a Bolt when thrown back to back. It's rare I get more than 350 out of my Hurricanes but my only well seasoned one is flat. Maybe when the FF breaks in I'll see some glide. We're low on glide here at a Mile High.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 17
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I only had one used one, but it was too flippy to control. I have yet to try a brand new one.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
I threw one of my new First Flight Hurricanes today. It didn't fly any different than one of the fresh production run ones I have that has the same dome and PLH. They're great Hurricanes; I just won't be looking for any more.

On another note, what are you Hurricane throwers using for longer distance drivers. I get 50 or more feet from a Bolt when thrown back to back. It's rare I get more than 350 out of my Hurricanes but my only well seasoned one is flat. Maybe when the FF breaks in I'll see some glide. We're low on glide here at a Mile High.
The first flight will break in to be a bomber. Don't you worry. I have finally made the full commitment to throwing Hurricanes for everything but absolute max distance shots. I unfortunately traded away my first flights, but I can still get my new Hurricanes out past 400' and am breaking one in to get the same distance as my beat up destroyer. The Hurricanes have a ludicrous amount of glide on them. There were a few times when I thought my fresh ones were going to hyzer out and they kept going for another 60 feet. Plus the rim and Proline plastic combine to give an awesome feel in the hand.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 56
Niced 10 Times in 10 Posts

Hey Ghost, with an assortment of Hurricanes do you need the Destroyer and Krait in your sig? What do you like for a wide open max bomber? I've been using Bolts but they just don't have enough LSS to be reliable. I just traded for a VIP Air King 159g but it's less LSS than my Bolts.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Hey Ghost, with an assortment of Hurricanes do you need the Destroyer and Krait in your sig? What do you like for a wide open max bomber? I've been using Bolts but they just don't have enough LSS to be reliable. I just traded for a VIP Air King 159g but it's less LSS than my Bolts.
My Destroyer is still my all out distance disc until I break in a Hurricane. The Krait is still new to my bag, but I'm enjoying using it for hyzer flip shots. It is a really straight flyer when I get it right. It remains to be seen if the Krait will stay in the bag, but it's a fun disc.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:52 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Threevok- try a nuke! It's my all out distance disc. Pretty consistent 450' with it. Just not real good for disc golf because if the HUGE distance lateral movement.