Old 09-23-2018, 05:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 855 Times in 442 Posts

Got a Shastashock this week, pretty overstable. Flies well enough to carry full time though. More high speed stability than the sparkle I carry and can trust it in a headwind. Now carrying 2 comets and 2 aftershocks and they pair very well together.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)

Old 09-23-2018, 09:00 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 92 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoon View Post
I use the Aftershock as my Go to mid-range. I have them in every plastic I can find. They really are a versatile disc. There are so many versions and runs of the Roc it's a little hard to compare, but id say they are a slight bit straighter than a standard Roc in comparable plastic. They fly similar to a shark. I would get your hands on a "Shasta-Shock" it's made out of the Discraft Swirly ESP Plastic. They also have some proline Aftershocks that look almost like a CE Plastic where they are a little firmer and almost a bit translucent as opposed to the standard Proline plastic which is grippy and glossy like a Big Z/Titanium Plastic. I've also found the D - Line aftershocks to be very flat, and I believe are even a shorter height on the PDGA approved discs sheet.

I believe you will love using the Aftershock with your Comet as they both have a Similar shape to them. Obviously different sizes of the features, but the same style.
I'm going to try the Aftershock/Comet combination. I've been looking for the right OS mid to pair with my Comet, but I haven't found it yet.