Old 04-11-2018, 12:51 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,177 Times in 1,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
I know they are all very similar, but I love the flight of the classic aviar, but I despise the plastic. I am currently trying warlocks and found a couple I like and tried to get a couple backups and they are all very different from each other. They also have more of a dump and less glide than the classic aviar. Enters the warden, I just ordered a couple and want to give them a shot, but tell me they are going to fly very similar to the classic aviars, but feel better so I can feel better about myself for ordering more discs.
They fly similar to the Classic Aviars, but feel even better, so feel good about yourself for ordering more discs.

Seriously, they do fly similar, and the Warden feels good in the hand. The Warden may be a wee tad more stable at longer distances, but with practice you'll like the Warden a lot.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2018, 04:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,355 Times in 791 Posts

Anyone else who have a problem with the Warden shoot past the target?

The glide is so "good" that i always ends up 30feet past the target. . .prefer the Marshal over Warden for throwing
Old 04-11-2018, 09:35 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 12
Niced 50 Times in 30 Posts

If you always end up 30ft past the target then you should of made a throwing correction a long time ago. :-). I keed I keed.

For sure the marshal will give you more control on distance than a warden will with its greater stability and more predictable fade. The warden is better suited, off the tee, as a straight to turn over shot where you have some room long as it does like to glide for days.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,355 Times in 791 Posts

A have a few Fluid Wardens and for my it kind of a weird disc. . . if i power down it just "dies" short of the target, and if i ad just i little power it glides past the target.
Had a hard time to dial in the Warden so i just switched to the Marshal
Old 04-11-2018, 01:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 177
Niced 121 Times in 75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Anyone else who have a problem with the Warden shoot past the target?

The glide is so "good" that i always ends up 30feet past the target. . .prefer the Marshal over Warden for throwing
I big yes, and I unfortunately found out during one of the biggest high-stakes tournaments I played that year.

It was my first serious round at this wooded course in nearly a year, and it was early in the spring. Up to then I was playing easier, city-park style courses throughout the winter because that was all I could get at. I generally did not have approaches outside of 60 feet. Now I was facing much longer holes that required several second shots of the 60-140 foot variety, and the Classic Warden I was using for upshots often sailed by the basket by 30-50 feet. It was a three round tournament, and by the end of the second round, I believe I lost at least 6 strokes because of blown approaches and another 10 or so because I was outside of my comfortable putting range. I finished the tournament approaching and putting with a Drone, that was how upset I was, and I ended up posting the hottest amateur round for the day.

For me, the Warden's glide does not kick in until you give it power; so it goes from being just average to suddenly being an excellent driving putter. That area of no middle ground, unfortunately, makes it horrible at approaching. I switched over to Pures, and despite really loving them for shots 100 feet or more, the Pures did not fare any better.

For the last year I have been using Champion Polecats, which are deadly from 50-110, the prime approaching distance, but they get uncontrollable after 120 or so, and they sometimes have too much loft when I am that range between putting and approaching. If I miss high with a Polecat, sometimes it keeps drifting backside, just back out of putting range. It happens maybe once a round, but that can change a birdie chance into a guaranteed bogey real fast.

So, in the last week I have been messing around with the Lucid Deputy, and oh my goodness, I instantly clicked with that disc. It flips way too much at power to use for driving, but approaching, deadly accurate. After only a week, I feel totally in control of its power and angles that I have not been outside of 15 feet yet. I know it is only practice, but I have put in several from 60+ feet.

Now, thanks to winter still hanging on here in Minnesota, the best I can still play on a regular basis is a city-park, albeit a fairly wooded city-park course. Time will tell within the next month or two when I can finally start hitting up the bigger courses. Still, I am a color-snob for my tournament bag, so I will be on the lookout for at least two yellow Lucid Deputys; that is how much I think they will work in this slot.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:25 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
A have a few Fluid Wardens and for my it kind of a weird disc. . . if i power down it just "dies" short of the target, and if i ad just i little power it glides past the target.
My Emac Fuzion Warden and 2 Fluid Wardens have never given me that kind of problem, but I also tend to throw them with a little bit of hyzer out of the hand, so that might make a difference.

But if the Marshal works for you, stick with it. I'm looking forward to trying a premium plastic Marshal in the future , and it might well make the bag...
Old 04-11-2018, 04:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 686 Times in 338 Posts

Quote:
While I'm a huge Warden advocate, I quit using them for approaches too. Love 'em for putts, but that's the only thing they get used for (other than occasional floaty putter drives).
Old 05-02-2018, 04:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Heads up, our local brick and mortar (Hazy Shade) has some tourney stamped Lucid Wardens. I believe they ship too.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
Heads up, our local brick and mortar (Hazy Shade) has some tourney stamped Lucid Wardens. I believe they ship too.
Darn it, I'm hoarding green dollar bills for the upcoming Star Mysteres. Oh well, after the next payday...

Old 12-24-2018, 10:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Anybody tried the Classic Blend Burst Moonshines yet? Especially compared to regular Blend?