Old 10-05-2018, 08:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.9
Courses Played: 40
Niced 179 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I agree that many Destroyers are ridiculously expensive. I also don't think you necessarily have to look hard to find a decent star Destroyer. Many of the newer 4X McBeth ones are nice fliers. Very manageable with good glide. I also agree that there are plenty of other options out there if you find the Destroyer market daunting.

The mold itself has developed a kind of cult following, as proven by the willingness of guys to spend $100 or more on certain Destroyer variants. They see the pros throw it and decide they're going to throw it too, no matter what the cost. Innova has to be making a killing by releasing so many limited edition, sought after Destroyers.
To be dead honest I'm not one to really talk. If you look in my closet you will find a box of Rocs from mid 00's USDGC to 9x, to current DX. I will say that they don't vary a ton as far as flight goes. For example, my 08 throwers fly pretty much identically to my 06 big birds or 06 baby birds or even my 12's. The only slight difference is the feel of the plastic. The same thing goes for ever disc in my sig. I got a bin of each one that I horde to throw some day. But I know each one will fly close to the same depending on weight and wear.

For me the 4x McBeth's were absolute hogs and were a chore to throw. I'm sure if you have 450 ft of power you would find them useful, but topping out at 400 they just weren't for me. I get loving a mold, I love a lot of molds and stick with them for better or for worse. I just don't get the thought process behind people thinking it is the only distance driver on the market that can be cycled effectively.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2018, 02:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 686 Times in 541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
To be dead honest I'm not one to really talk. If you look in my closet you will find a box of Rocs from mid 00's USDGC to 9x, to current DX. I will say that they don't vary a ton as far as flight goes. For example, my 08 throwers fly pretty much identically to my 06 big birds or 06 baby birds or even my 12's. The only slight difference is the feel of the plastic. The same thing goes for ever disc in my sig. I got a bin of each one that I horde to throw some day. But I know each one will fly close to the same depending on weight and wear.

For me the 4x McBeth's were absolute hogs and were a chore to throw. I'm sure if you have 450 ft of power you would find them useful, but topping out at 400 they just weren't for me. I get loving a mold, I love a lot of molds and stick with them for better or for worse. I just don't get the thought process behind people thinking it is the only distance driver on the market that can be cycled effectively.
When McBeth first got his name on star Destroyers they were very overstable. I threw a couple of them and hated them. Lately I think they mellowed the mold out or something. More recent McBeth Destroyers are better. They're a shinier, slightly gummier plastic too.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-01-2018, 05:55 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 821 Times in 393 Posts

Has anyone else been watching the number of Star Destroyers that have been flying off the shelves at Infinite Discs online store during the last 24 hrs? All the higher weight Paul McBeth signature ones went almost immediately after the announcement yesterday morning. Infinite then restocked with hundreds more yesterday evening, and those are mostly gone also. The lighter weight discs will last longer, but I think it is possible that the Paul McBeth signature Star Destroyers could be entirely sold out before Black Friday this year.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 354 Times in 223 Posts

Idiot Facebook flippers

But they will eventually go up a bit in value I suppose
Old 11-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 89 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
Has anyone else been watching the number of Star Destroyers that have been flying off the shelves at Infinite Discs online store during the last 24 hrs? All the higher weight Paul McBeth signature ones went almost immediately after the announcement yesterday morning. Infinite then restocked with hundreds more yesterday evening, and those are mostly gone also. The lighter weight discs will last longer, but I think it is possible that the Paul McBeth signature Star Destroyers could be entirely sold out before Black Friday this year.
what anouncement?!?! yesterday morning?
Old 11-01-2018, 10:02 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 725 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeyfreetilinfinity View Post
Yes.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-01-2018, 10:36 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 821 Times in 393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeyfreetilinfinity View Post
Didn't you hear?! I'm signing up with Innova. They're going on and on about it for pages in the 2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread...thread.

Ignore any of the very sporadic posts in there about Paul McBeth. If you read between the lines, it is very clear that it is all about me. My name's going to be on lots of discs, or my name's not Desmond Townsend Royer.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 126
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 809 Times in 366 Posts

Quote:
There's such a massive backlog of embossed 4x Destroyers. I honestly expect them to be in stock at some places for at least a year. They will eventually sell out and go up in value, because certain runs will be someone's FAVORITE driver, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

The massive immediate buyout is amusing to me. If people are buying them to eventually throw them, then that's cool. Or even just display their private collection: fine by me. But anyone looking to flip is in store for a looooong waiting game.

Last edited by ThrowBot; 11-01-2018 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Put a looooong backlog in brentjacobs's mom last night.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 17
Niced 47 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Has anyone else been watching the number of Star Destroyers that have been flying off the shelves at Infinite Discs online store during the last 24 hrs?
I was on the Innova web store yesterday. At 9:30 they had 136 black and 123 galactic McPro Aviars in stock. By 12:15 they were completely sold out of all of them.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:43 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 235 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Yeah. This inspired me to take a look and write a quick blog. Here's a graph, sorry that I can't show specific numbers, but still fun to look at. Here's the blog: https://infinitediscs.com/blog/sales...eaving-innova/

Niced: (2)