Old 07-27-2019, 02:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,392 Times in 802 Posts

How does the new ESP tour series feel and fly?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2019, 03:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 142 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
How does the new ESP tour series feel and fly?

Higher shoulder and more stability than the 2018 Tour Series Comets. Really solid flyers for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2019, 03:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,392 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeHyzer View Post
Higher shoulder and more stability than the 2018 Tour Series Comets. Really solid flyers for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice, I have the Buzzz SS, Buzzz and Drone Tour Series in the bag..really like the feel, look and flight of them....but sometimes I need that “Comet” flight
Old 07-27-2019, 04:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 764 Times in 533 Posts

Hey so I was looking at glow Comets online.. I think my regular favourite is a white foil.. I saw four different foil colors: black, white, red, and shiny gold (?).

Any idea on the differences in the runs or is that just a random thing DC is doing?
Old 07-27-2019, 06:17 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 410 Times in 144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Hey so I was looking at glow Comets online.. I think my regular favourite is a white foil.. I saw four different foil colors: black, white, red, and shiny gold (?).

Any idea on the differences in the runs or is that just a random thing DC is doing?
Idk but I I have a yellow stamp one 170-172 domey....very comet-y (floaty, glidey, flippy) even at low arm speed. Max weight ESP is much more stable and doesn’t seem as glidey...

Niced: (1)
Old 07-28-2019, 11:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
Idk but I I have a yellow stamp one 170-172 domey....very comet-y (floaty, glidey, flippy) even at low arm speed. Max weight ESP is much more stable and doesn’t seem as glidey...
Thanks man, I'm kinda fighting the urge to buy more but I have always liked the glow ones, mines a medium dome with flat top. Since they're online I can't feel em up and see. Just wondering if there's some magic Comet in that old (?) stock.

Weight and dome is a factor.. I've got a fresh and flat 171 ESP and it's kinda flippy and dumpy stable at the very end of flight, still playing it against a jiffy pop top 167 fly dye Z which is more turn resistant but glides further and fades slower but starts its gentle straight glidey hyzer fade sooner. I can not throw both back to back. One or the other in a round, so similar but too different.

I mess around with a 176 and 174 Z or ESP (medium dome) typically. Got a 180 Z as well that I'm working on.. My Comet weight is generally 176g and less.

When I was really Comet crazy, I packed a worn 173 and a freshish 176 Z with a 172 FR ESP.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,125 Times in 642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
Get over it? You're spreading info that hasn't been confirmed by anyone else, with any disc, in any plastic. It's bad information. It could be something as simple as you expect it to be less stable so you're compensating too much for the flight.
Nope, thought that could be te case as well. Let another Comet thrower throw it, whom was bagging a fresh Glo Swirl ESP, and had thrown mine fresh . Its more stable. As mine beat in, the top flattened and the PLH started turning up.

And yes, look at the Falk thread, you will find that others have had this happen with it.

... and I will never back off the truth just because it doesn't fit in with the crowd. You are the one whom went on an attack vector, not I. I am always civil with those who are civil with me.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Well I'm curious if anyone else has had that experience.?

I'm not saying wolfmandragon is right, but I'm glad to hear about it. It's another opinion from a different thrower.

FWIW - champion Aero gets better and more stable in my experience up until a point. It goes from a single turn flat disc to a more S shaped (but straight) flight before degrading to flippier.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:11 AM

Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

I need some help choosing my first Comet(s). I'm a relative beginner wanting to learn proper form, so I'm gonna pick up a comet or two. I would prefer weight <173g, and I may have to order online, so I might not be able to hand pick a good one.

Many people have said in the past that an X-Comet at a low ~165g weight would be the best for form practice. I assumed that this was due to it being the least stable Comet back then. However, from reading the last few dozen pages of this thread, the general consensus seems to be that the newer X-Comets are surprisingly stable, at least when not beat in.

So what would currently be the best form practice Comet out of the box? A current run flat ESP, or still the X? And the lighter the weight the better?

The least stable Comet would also fit into my bag the easiest, but if I fall in love with the Comet, I would probably also get a stock Z, a Glow Z or a Fly Dye Z Comet, because I get the impression that they are the glidiest and straightest Comets that are easy to find a replacement for. The Sparkle Z is tempting because I like sparkly things, but some say they lack glide and Comet-ness.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,113 Times in 563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMikeal View Post

So what would currently be the best form practice Comet out of the box? A current run flat ESP, or still the X? And the lighter the weight the better?
You don't have to overthink it too much. Either of those are fine for practicing form. When I started with Comets, all they had was Z plastic, and I grabbed a 174g (still have it too). It may start out initially a tick more stable but any comet sub 175 is probably going to work for what you need it for.

Niced: (3)