Old 07-31-2019, 10:54 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,475 Times in 900 Posts

Lol.

The +rim Rocs were probably just really, really bad, super domey Rocs. The +rim did pop up on other discs with no warning, though. There were +rim Valks that were not marked as +.

I'm not sure it was a Dunipace decision, though. I mean, Innova ran Destrulcans for a long time. Why would they do that? They wouldn't. I think the QC down at the Innova plant is just so lax that it's possible for Destrulcans and +Valks to happen. Just, like, my opinion, man (in case somebody read "I think" as "I know". )
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2019, 11:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,216 Times in 1,761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Lol.

The +rim Rocs were probably just really, really bad, super domey Rocs. The +rim did pop up on other discs with no warning, though. There were +rim Valks that were not marked as +.

I'm not sure it was a Dunipace decision, though. I mean, Innova ran Destrulcans for a long time. Why would they do that? They wouldn't. I think the QC down at the Innova plant is just so lax that it's possible for Destrulcans and +Valks to happen. Just, like, my opinion, man (in case somebody read "I think" as "I know". )
This is why I avoid buying Valks online...why the **** does Innova think we want Valk+...or +rim anything!?
Old 07-31-2019, 11:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 163
Niced 1,177 Times in 579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
It is pretty nice to prefer DX Rocs. The only time I had to worry about it was when DD tried to sneak the + rim on us. Otherwise no worries about 11X/12X shenanigans.
There's easily as much variation in DX Rocs over the years.

Plus (personal opinion section) you run through the ones that feel right so much faster.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 560 Times in 297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Lol.

Idk man, for a year or so the DX roc runs had an incredibly + rim to them. It was funny, Charlie at GGGT tried to convince me that they were *always* like that and that I was crazy. He would also tell me to buy 170g discs because the weight could fluctuate +/- 10g from humidity so it didn't matter. Gaslight for the sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRB View Post
There's easily as much variation in DX Rocs over the years.

Plus (personal opinion section) you run through the ones that feel right so much faster.
Yes there is variation in the DX Rocs, but it wasn't like KC Pro where whole runs were complete garbage. There is only one purpose for a KC Pro, which is a more stable compliment to a DX Roc. Any variation to the less stable side makes the KC Pro useless. (Also personal opinion section)
Old 07-31-2019, 02:23 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 103 Times in 80 Posts

As a fan of the Roc+ (especially in R-pro), I thank you all for not buying them en mass so that I can still find them at Walmart. I do recall a thread on the PDGA forum where DaveD says the Roc3s if molded correctly they should exhibit a slight +mold.

Though, I think the real reason was to be them out of the mods easier.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-31-2019, 04:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 177
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 145 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post
As a fan of the Roc+ (especially in R-pro), I thank you all for not buying them en mass so that I can still find them at Walmart. I do recall a thread on the PDGA forum where DaveD says the Roc3s if molded correctly they should exhibit a slight +mold.

Bingo.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post

You are welcome to have every Roc+ ever molded, and we applaud you for taking that pill for us.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:16 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 103 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
You are welcome to have every Roc+ ever molded, and we applaud you for taking that pill for us.
Haha, well when you love the Roc flight but want a little more glide it's hard to beat a Roc+. At least in the speed 3-7 range of discs which my bag is mostly populated with.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:47 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 171
Niced 727 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
I never understood the hate for the Roc+. I threw one for a few years and loved it, the plus rim doesnt really bother me and it flies like a roc should.

Old 08-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
I never understood the hate for the Roc+. I threw one for a few years and loved it, the plus rim doesnt really bother me and it flies like a roc should.
Yeah it is purely the rim feel. I don't think they fly that much differently one way or another. But the + rim just doesn't feel right to me after throwing Rocs for 20 years.

I switched to ghosts while the DX rims went +.