Old 05-25-2019, 03:23 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 764 Times in 655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
Shortly after I started playing I bought a Ching! Bomb, but somewhere along the way I traded it to someone. I wish I still had it, I didn't know it would eventually be cool to have years later. I do remember it had a nice rainbow stamp on it.
Hyzerbomb Makes a Bomb or MOAB, Mother of All Bombs that Millennium later made with that name until Millennium bought up the side brand of Hyzerbomb. I think the Bomb and MOAB are the same disc but I am not %100 sure.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Casey 1988; 05-25-2019 at 03:27 AM.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:48 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,486 Times in 904 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Hyzerbomb Makes a Bomb or MOAB, Mother of All Bombs that Millennium later made with that name until Millennium bought up the side brand of Hyzerbomb. I think the Bomb and MOAB are the same disc but I am not %100 sure.
OK, so...Millennium made a disc called the Tachyon LF, it was the first Millennium driver in the mid 90's. It was a Viper variant, but it was tweaked a lot so the mold was constantly being changed. The last run of it that I was aware of was the Tachyon LF 4.1, which was beefy. It was supposedly the Metalhead Viper mold, which may or may not be true. What was true was that the discs were as beefy as a Metalhead Viper.

Alas, the Polaris was the the king driver for Millennium. Small diameter drivers were the new hot thing and no one bought Tachyons. They went OOP. The Hyzerbomb MOAB is a re-release of the Tachyon LF 4.1.

The Ching! Bomb was a Banshee variant, rumored to be the same mold as the Millennium EXP-1. So it was a small-diameter driver. Totally, completely unrelated in any way to the large-diameter MOAB.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-26-2019, 12:46 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 764 Times in 655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
OK, so...Millennium made a disc called the Tachyon LF, it was the first Millennium driver in the mid 90's. It was a Viper variant, but it was tweaked a lot so the mold was constantly being changed. The last run of it that I was aware of was the Tachyon LF 4.1, which was beefy. It was supposedly the Metalhead Viper mold, which may or may not be true. What was true was that the discs were as beefy as a Metalhead Viper.

Alas, the Polaris was the the king driver for Millennium. Small diameter drivers were the new hot thing and no one bought Tachyons. They went OOP. The Hyzerbomb MOAB is a re-release of the Tachyon LF 4.1.

The Ching! Bomb was a Banshee variant, rumored to be the same mold as the Millennium EXP-1. So it was a small-diameter driver. Totally, completely unrelated in any way to the large-diameter MOAB.
Thanks. Is the EXP-1 still made by any chance?
Old 05-26-2019, 10:13 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,486 Times in 904 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Thanks. Is the EXP-1 still made by any chance?
They have it out now as the EXP-X, but yes.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-27-2019, 11:19 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 38 Times in 31 Posts
Default Info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Ching! was around for several years after they sold the Skillshot and the full-color stamp machine to Innova. They sold discs with weird grip indentations on the flight plate they called "Excelerators." These were for sale under the Ching! brand name long after the Innova deal, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say Mike Holgate still has the rights to that brand name.

The original Ching! discs were Innova mix-'N-match molds like Millenium. The Tank was a small bead Rhyno. The Sniper and Stinger were also Thumtrac discs, similar to the Puma. The Bomb was I think the same as an EXP1; it was just sold in DX plastic that Millennium didn't use. Ching! could probably reuse the names, but the molds were Innova's. They couldn't re-introduce those without a deal with Innova.

The Hyzerbomb Tank makes me think they cut a deal with Ching! to use the name.

Ching! still has a website up. http://www.chingsports.com/go/
Thanks for the info! I knew some, but learned some too. Nice
Old 08-13-2019, 11:34 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 38 Times in 31 Posts
Default Ching! Bomb...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
Shortly after I started playing I bought a Ching! Bomb, but somewhere along the way I traded it to someone. I wish I still had it, I didn't know it would eventually be cool to have years later. I do remember it had a nice rainbow stamp on it.
Hey jeffmonty, I definitely have an extra Ching! Bomb you can have if you want.

Do you remember the stamp design/weight of your old disc?

One of my first discs was an older Discraft Elite X2 that I lost in the brush.

I have never been able to find that same disc/color/stamp combo again.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.6
Courses Played: 154
Niced 629 Times in 264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDaWoodsDiscN419 View Post
Hey jeffmonty, I definitely have an extra Ching! Bomb you can have if you want.

Do you remember the stamp design/weight of your old disc?

One of my first discs was an older Discraft Elite X2 that I lost in the brush.

I have never been able to find that same disc/color/stamp combo again.
Thank you for the offer, but I'm really not a collector, so you should keep it.

If I recall, the stamp was round, with 'Ching!' filling the top 1/3 and 'Bomb' filling the bottom 2/3 of the circle. I don't remember the weight at all--it's been about 20 years since I had it.

Too bad about that X2. I still have the very first disc I ever bought, a Tournament D Saturn-stamp Comet that's hanging on my wall. I bagged it for about 10 years but then decided I better put it in a safe place.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:48 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 84
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 29 Times in 23 Posts

One of my first true driver loves when I first started playing was a hand-me-down Ching Velocity from my cousin. The thing was a beauty in flight for my 300 ish foot arm..

Old 08-16-2019, 01:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 20
Niced 43 Times in 28 Posts

I love me some ching rocs. I still have a few new and used, but I quit throwing them along with most other old plastic. I always wanted to see them release their more popular stamp designs on shirts. I think that would make a killing.