Old 09-20-2019, 03:33 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 224 Times in 172 Posts

Your video is set to private so we can't see it.

I've always wanted to like the Comet, but it does not feel good in my hand either, and I knew I wouldn't be able to bag one.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2019, 05:22 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
Your video is set to private so we can't see it.
Oops, sorry for that! Fixed now! Thank you for letting me know!
Old 09-20-2019, 06:19 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 224 Times in 172 Posts

Yeah I can see how you would have front knee pain. It looks really good until planting the front leg. Looks like you are crushing the can with the outside of your sole instead of more inside/center. Can you swing well from one leg? Could be weight being too far back, but I'm not sure on that one. Curious to see what SW22 says.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,853 Times in 1,744 Posts

Crashing into/behind the front leg instead of being balanced on it. Note how your front shoulder never made it forward over the front foot and left shoulder never makes it over as you fall back away from target behind front foot/leg and left arm flies out. You can see your front knee actually back away from the target as your torso folds over the hip - ouch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvvF6eW-by8&t=6m26s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IFO7J3AV5Y#t=4m33s

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 9.55.23 PM.jpg (39.4 KB, 133 views)
Old 09-22-2019, 05:24 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
Looks like you are crushing the can with the outside of your sole instead of more inside/center. Can you swing well from one leg?
Looking the video I agree, weight immediately goes to outside of the sole. Of course I have no part in it, everything on front leg just happens.

My take of one leg drill:

My thoughts on McBeth's video: In the moment when disc is in front of us, my front knee appears to be bent out sideways. Hopefully that's impossible, so my kneecap is already looking at the target while foot is closed. Is this the moment I hurt my knee? Almost no twist in Paul's leg/knee but his shoe seems to slip/twist some during the throw, relieving the pressure? In the moment when disc is about to leave the hand, our leg angles (front heel to hip) seem similar (to me), my upper body is basically upright while Paul has forward tilt. Then we both throw nad pivot, momentum carries Paul forward while I have nothing left and fall back. How do I end up being balanced on front leg? Take shorter step into brace while keeping upper body upright or keeping leg angles and having more forward tilt?
Old 09-22-2019, 08:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik.SR View Post
My take of one leg drill:
1. Note how my disc is pulling on me heavy away from the target straight back 180 degrees. Your disc is going around behind you like 225 degrees toward back of right teepad. My rear foot is just maintaining the swing centered inside posture as the swing is pulling away. Note how your butt and head are outside of your feet/posture. I'm not really trying to shift my weight, I'm putting so much momentum on the swing it's pulling my weight/CoG and I'm resisting it pulling away which starts my center going forward.

2. Note how my forearm is pointed straight back as the disc is pulling it/lagging back. You are curling your forearm 90 degrees away and pulling your arm/disc in instead of it lagging behind you. You need to let go of the lower arm/disc and throw it, not curl it in behind you.

3/4. Note how I'm now centered on the front leg with head stacked on it and able to rotate freely on it. Your head and front hip are going across your front foot and jamming your ability to rotate freely on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 6.30.29 PM copy.jpg (87.2 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by sidewinder22; 09-22-2019 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik.SR View Post
Looking the video I agree, weight immediately goes to outside of the sole. Of course I have no part in it, everything on front leg just happens.

My thoughts on McBeth's video: In the moment when disc is in front of us, my front knee appears to be bent out sideways. Hopefully that's impossible, so my kneecap is already looking at the target while foot is closed. Is this the moment I hurt my knee? Almost no twist in Paul's leg/knee but his shoe seems to slip/twist some during the throw, relieving the pressure? In the moment when disc is about to leave the hand, our leg angles (front heel to hip) seem similar (to me), my upper body is basically upright while Paul has forward tilt. Then we both throw nad pivot, momentum carries Paul forward while I have nothing left and fall back. How do I end up being balanced on front leg? Take shorter step into brace while keeping upper body upright or keeping leg angles and having more forward tilt?
I think your front knee is bending out that way because you aren't committed to your balance/posture and weightshift from behind. You let your front knee/femur go forward/turn it out before all your weight shifts. You need to stick your front foot/leg into the ground like a running back changing direction quickly. Paul's front femur/knee is turned further back than yours, he's committed to shifting from behind and the foot pivot happens naturally when you are dynamically balanced on it. I wouldn't say you are balanced on your front foot in the finish, your left leg is going out and around to the left teepad counter to your torso leaning over off balance to the right teepad.

I think a camera from behind the tee will show your balance more behind your front heel, planting into too staggered closed stance which prevents you committing to turning the femur further back going into a less staggered stance with your balance more over front instep to shift into the heel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnhM5amro0#t=1m15s

Old 09-23-2019, 01:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,595 Times in 1,648 Posts

You're not set up with the correct tilt/angle or balance to be able to stride forward off the left foot...you're tilted back and waiting to land butt-first on the plant leg. So it feels impossible to push off the rear foot until you're about to touch down.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear Leg Drive Leverage.jpg (44.2 KB, 107 views)
Old 09-25-2019, 04:56 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
1. Note how my disc is pulling on me heavy away from the target straight back 180 degrees. Your disc is going around behind you like 225 degrees toward back of right teepad. My rear foot is just maintaining the swing centered inside posture as the swing is pulling away. Note how your butt and head are outside of your feet/posture. I'm not really trying to shift my weight, I'm putting so much momentum on the swing it's pulling my weight/CoG and I'm resisting it pulling away which starts my center going forward.
Fixed bringing disc behind me, also somewhat better keeping my head and butt within posture.

Quote:
2. Note how my forearm is pointed straight back as the disc is pulling it/lagging back. You are curling your forearm 90 degrees away and pulling your arm/disc in instead of it lagging behind you. You need to let go of the lower arm/disc and throw it, not curl it in behind you.
Absolutely horrible! Tried, still present. Work in progress!

Quote:
3/4. Note how I'm now centered on the front leg with head stacked on it and able to rotate freely on it. Your head and front hip are going across your front foot and jamming your ability to rotate freely on it.
My definition of "centered on front leg and stacked on it" just got updated bigtime. Very unfamiliar position for me, but doable. Getting to this position from backswing is really difficult though.

Also I notice only now that my head is down most of the time during the throw, my head is lagging behind throughout the throw compared to you and same happens to everything but the arm in frames 3 and 4.

Quote:
Take 2 on OLD:

I see no point in trying to improve on x-step while I'm struggling with simpler things. So thanks for those pointers, hopefully I get to use them soon!

Old 09-25-2019, 08:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Definitely closer, and yeah it should feel very weird/foreign at first being upright on the front leg.

1. Take a full preswing in the setup and get up on the rear tippy toes, rear heel all the way up. I think your rear foot is staggered like 6" too far to the right teepad away from front foot and holding too much of your weight.

2. Take note of your rear heel moving slightly away from target in your backswing, while my rear heel spins down much closer to target and feet are angled 90 degrees from each other. Your weight moves with your heel, so your weight is shifting back more, while mine is staying more forward and/or making a circle back forward.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 7.19.33 PM.jpg (34.5 KB, 67 views)