Old 10-08-2019, 10:45 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 161 Times in 73 Posts

@Shakatak, I have never pulled the "why aren't they complaining about that?" card. Not once.

I have pulled out that card every time to point to the immensely dangerous slippery slope of "looking at particular physical traits as a determining factor in whether or not it is fair for transgender women compete in gender-protected divisions".

This argument could only POSSIBLY be used for the absolute average man and the absolute average woman, and even then, only in theoratical settings.
BECAUSE of sports being all about physcal excellence (and as such, it celebrates "anomalities' within the margin.

The IOC says that transgender women whose T levels are low enough for long enough are WITHIN the margin.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by gingerandhoney; 10-08-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.6
Courses Played: 67
Niced 1,537 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
Ftfy. Your virtue signaling is so boring.
Dude. Noill said no more politics and Halcon instantly went political. Your lack of reading comprehension is embarrassing.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-08-2019, 11:56 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 120 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerandhoney View Post
@Shakatak, I have never pulled the "why aren't they complaining about that?" card. Not once.

I have pulled out that card every time to point to the immensely dangerous slippery slope of "looking at particular physical traits as a determining factor in whether or not it is fair for transgender women compete in gender-protected divisions".

This argument could only POSSIBLY be used for the absolute average man and the absolute average woman, and even then, only in theoratical settings.
BECAUSE of sports being all about physcal excellence (and as such, it celebrates "anomalities' within the margin.

The IOC says that transgender women whose T levels are low enough for long enough are WITHIN the margin.
Just want to point out that Paige Pierce and Kristen Tattar finished better than 11 men at the USDGC. Those men were rated anywhere between 950 and 1003 and at least one of them is twice the size of Paige. I bring this up to support your argument that physiology is not the sole determining factor of performance. Athletes rely on many things outside of physical attributes, including: supportive environments, coaching, access to resources, level of competition and determination (among other things I'm probably missing). Traditionally, athletics have been designed around the idea that females are inferior to males, which has perpetuated the myth that they can't compete. What this has done is made it more likely that females will not have the same access to those needs that I've just listed (and if they do, it's in a protected environment where the big bad men won't hurt them). Until the landscape of sport changes, it will always be this way and most guys will continue to believe that women are fragile specimens who need protection from such monstrous physical specimens as Emerson Keith and Paul McBeth.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-08-2019, 12:32 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 73
Niced 53 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscgolfStu View Post
Just want to point out that Paige Pierce and Kristen Tattar finished better than 11 men at the USDGC. Those men were rated anywhere between 950 and 1003 and at least one of them is twice the size of Paige. I bring this up to support your argument that physiology is not the sole determining factor of performance. Athletes rely on many things outside of physical attributes, including: supportive environments, coaching, access to resources, level of competition and determination (among other things I'm probably missing). Traditionally, athletics have been designed around the idea that females are inferior to males, which has perpetuated the myth that they can't compete. What this has done is made it more likely that females will not have the same access to those needs that I've just listed (and if they do, it's in a protected environment where the big bad men won't hurt them). Until the landscape of sport changes, it will always be this way and most guys will continue to believe that women are fragile specimens who need protection from such monstrous physical specimens as Emerson Keith and Paul McBeth.
So are you saying that with "supportive environments, coaching, access to resources, level of competition and determination" women would be able to compete with men at any sport? I can't really tell if that's what you're saying but if so that's delusional.

Old 10-08-2019, 12:48 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 27
Niced 120 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakatak View Post
So are you saying that with "supportive environments, coaching, access to resources, level of competition and determination" women would be able to compete with men at any sport? I can't really tell if that's what you're saying but if so that's delusional.
Care to enlighten me as to what's delusional about it?
Old 10-08-2019, 01:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 167
Niced 171 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Seems like a stealth attack on Title IX. It would return us to the 1950s and earlier, when women had virtually no opportunities to compete in sports.

What's delusional is the thought that this would ever come to pass. There are way too many girls and women who participate in sports, plus men who have daughters, sisters, granddaughters etc who participate in sports. Nope, not going back.

Old 10-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Seriously? You think the only thing keeping women from being offensive linemen in the NFL is the fact that they don't have "supportive environments, coaching, access to resources, level of competition and determination"? Nowadays in the United States both boys and girls have equal access to those things you mentioned from childhood all the way to adulthood and there's no way, for example, that the women's U-20 national soccer team would stand a chance against the men's U-20 national soccer team. That's not sexism, that's just facts.

Old 10-08-2019, 01:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.6
Courses Played: 95
Niced 913 Times in 354 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Christine Marie Evert, known as Chris Evert Lloyd from 1979 to 1987, is a retired American World No. 1 tennis player. She won 18 Grand Slam singles championships and three doubles titles. She was the year-ending World No. 1 singles player in 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1980, and 1981. Overall, Evert won 157 singles championships and 32 doubles titles
Her brother was never ranked in the top 100 of men's tennis and Chris Evert never was able to beat her brother at tennis.
That's enlightening.

Old 10-08-2019, 01:35 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,184 Times in 601 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Dude. Noill said no more politics and Halcon instantly went political. Your lack of reading comprehension is embarrassing.
Freakin Halcón. Never listens.

Old 10-08-2019, 01:36 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Her brother was never ranked in the top 100 of men's tennis and Chris Evert never was able to beat her brother at tennis.
That's enlightening.
Maybe Chris Evert never had coaching or access to resources or determination......

Niced: (3)