Old 10-21-2019, 06:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,203 Times in 561 Posts

People do realize that someone can like a company's discs/offerings and still be put off by their specific player's personalities right?

I mean AJ is the perfect example of someone trying too hard to be funny.

It just does not seem to come naturally for him and that can be rather annoying.

If some people like him, that's great.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2019, 06:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,589 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
That might depend a lot on his sponsor. I truly believe that Calvin should be close to a 6 figure player. He just lacks that charisma to drive sales.
I don't know about that. Calvin is someone you don't really notice until all of a sudden you do.
He's one of my favorite players of the year, I like his style.

Quite the change from;
Ground punchers
Attention whores
Bag kickers
Vulgar language screamers
Arrogant rude pricks
Entitle whiners
And the ever popular, I missed my putt so I will beat myself senseless with my off hand disc.

Could be just me though.
Maybe childish behavior does indeed sell discs.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,975 Times in 469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
I don't know about that. Calvin is someone you don't really notice until all of a sudden you do.
He's one of my favorite players of the year, I like his style.

Quite the change from;
Ground punchers
Attention whores
Bag kickers
Vulgar language screamers
Arrogant rude pricks
Entitle whiners
And the ever popular, I missed my putt so I will beat myself senseless with my off hand disc.

Could be just me though.
Maybe childish behavior does indeed sell discs.
Calvin is exactly like he is on camera from what I have gathered. He is quiet and friendly and subtly very funny. And it is easy for everyone to like him, but that doesn't always drive sales. You kinda have to be a self promoter as well, and I don't know if that is in Calvin's DNA or not.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:50 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 764 Times in 655 Posts

Quote:
I don't mean to insult you. But what a dumb take this is. I truly don't understand the silly internet hate that the DD team gets sometimes. All I can think is that people are jealous that DD absolutely KILLS it at the media game and their favorite brand is probably left in the dust comparatively. And does this spread to all the Trilogy lineup? Emerson Keith is doing pretty well with the Lat64 stuff and that includes some DD plastic.

DD has lacked a regular top 5 MPO finisher since Emac left the touring scene. I really hope that Clemons stays with DD and becomes that player. He has the potential to.

If you put every sponsored team each into their own separate room, I know that if I went into the team DD room I would probably have the most fun. Most of you internet posters have never once even spoken to these players. And every time I see someone disparage DD (or any team) I just think, "Wow. That person is stupid." And I hope that every other person reading it does as well.
I have talked with Emac Via YouTube but he seemed a to the fact when he was replying and that is not a bad thing. He just seems like the type hard to have fun when talking about disc golf but then I see him on the will it fly and there he is having fun. I have since stopped watching those two things the Bits from the podcast and the will it fly as last year sometime they started repeating the old videos as new content.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 34.5
Courses Played: 256
Niced 107 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I have talked with Emac Via YouTube but he seemed a to the fact when he was replying and that is not a bad thing. He just seems like the type hard to have fun when talking about disc golf but then I see him on the will it fly and there he is having fun. I have since stopped watching those two things the Bits from the podcast and the will it fly as last year sometime they started repeating the old videos as new content.
JV
good luck processing that....

no I don't translate.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:40 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 764 Times in 655 Posts

Quote:
Calvin is exactly like he is on camera from what I have gathered. He is quiet and friendly and subtly very funny. And it is easy for everyone to like him, but that doesn't always drive sales. You kinda have to be a self promoter as well, and I don't know if that is in Calvin's DNA or not.
That is exactly what you need to do is promote yourself and the disc molds you use outside of the Sports Videos. Some have the company like for Eagle and Simon do this for them, also they are on social media a bit, Simon more in the off season but still. Even Paul McBeth has a Vlog too. Then you have players like MJ or Paul McBeth who are on Disc Golf Course Review a bit, MJ has his own thread her ask MJ and Comet love or something like that. Then others do more with the side company and promoting the discs they use or why that particular disc is still a player favorite.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,033 Times in 575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
Haven't seen that one. They hit their leg or slap themselves?
Old 10-21-2019, 08:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,589 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Haven't seen that one. They hit their leg or slap themselves?
Usually slap their leg.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,033 Times in 575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
Nikko just released a new hemp blend wizard through Gateway iirc. Don’t see him leaving gateway unless there’s a considerable offer on the table.
He got Magics as well, but also ordered his new logo on molds from Discraft, Innova, Discmania, and Prodigy, so I don't think that's gonna tie him down. Also I don't think he is signed with Gateway.

Niced: (2)

Old 10-21-2019, 09:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,132 Times in 647 Posts

The only companies that Nikko could sign with is those that allow mixed bags. Infinite wpuld probably be best if the price would be right.

Niced: (1)
Closed Thread