#71  
Old 10-21-2019, 11:35 AM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,395
Niced 1,355 Times in 791 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizunodave View Post
There is so much opportunity in the FPO field for a player to step up and dominate. Cat's mental game and putting are awful. Hokom is terrified of throwing a backhand. Paige throws OB constantly and lacks confidence in her forehand.

Kristin Tattar doesn't seem to have any glaring weaknesses like these, I'm very interested to see what she does next year.
totally agree. . the fact that PP can throw +180 OBs in a Season and still win as much as she does is just insane

Cat΄s C1x stats are just terrible

I think Kristin going to have a good 2020. . just let PP throw OB and Cat miss putts
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-21-2019, 12:34 PM
biscoe biscoe is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: spotsylvania, va
Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 94
Posts: 6,615
Niced 2,023 Times in 843 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizunodave View Post
There is so much opportunity in the FPO field for a player to step up and dominate. Cat's mental game and putting are awful. Hokom is terrified of throwing a backhand. Paige throws OB constantly and lacks confidence in her forehand.

Kristin Tattar doesn't seem to have any glaring weaknesses like these, I'm very interested to see what she does next year.
Despite their flaws Paige and Cat are the 2 highest rated ladies ever. Most players at that rating or below are inconsistent at times regardless of gender. The biggest chance for dominance would be if Cat were to get her head around her putting.

Niced: (4)
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-21-2019, 01:38 PM
JC17393 JC17393 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 7,820
Niced 3,697 Times in 1,538 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Despite their flaws Paige and Cat are the 2 highest rated ladies ever. Most players at that rating or below are inconsistent at times regardless of gender. The biggest chance for dominance would be if Cat were to get her head around her putting.
Exactly.

Sometimes I think people expect 1040+ rated play out of the top women, and it's just not going to happen. At least not with any consistency.

That's not to say that the women can't improve their shortcomings, but they're not going to turn all their weaknesses into strengths and jump their rating up by 30-40 points. Hokom's unlikely to improve her backhand beyond passable. Paige isn't likely going to dial back her aggression to the point of eliminating all OB. Cat probably isn't going to achieve 100% on her C1x putting.

In a lot of ways, these women are who they are at this point. I think that's a good thing. The level of play keeps getting better but no one's running away and hiding from the rest of the field. One woman has a hot streak, then someone else does, then someone else. They're competitive with each other and that's the key. We just need more women to get to the level where it's not a 2 or 3 woman show, it's an 8 or 9 woman show, then a 20 woman show, and so on.

Niced: (3)
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-21-2019, 05:05 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,053
Niced 4,289 Times in 2,272 Posts
Default




b9...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P7ASKb59OQ
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-21-2019, 08:45 PM
sidewinder22's Avatar
sidewinder22 sidewinder22 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Creeping Creek DGC
Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 219
Posts: 15,073
Niced 2,822 Times in 1,732 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizunodave View Post
There is so much opportunity in the FPO field for a player to step up and dominate. Cat's mental game and putting are awful. Hokom is terrified of throwing a backhand. Paige throws OB constantly and lacks confidence in her forehand.

Kristin Tattar doesn't seem to have any glaring weaknesses like these, I'm very interested to see what she does next year.
Henna and Eveliina are the Finnish Super Powers.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 10-22-2019, 02:28 AM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
Snowflake
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 9,132
Niced 2,177 Times in 1,604 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Exactly.

Sometimes I think people expect 1040+ rated play out of the top women, and it's just not going to happen. At least not with any consistency.

That's not to say that the women can't improve their shortcomings, but they're not going to turn all their weaknesses into strengths and jump their rating up by 30-40 points. Hokom's unlikely to improve her backhand beyond passable. Paige isn't likely going to dial back her aggression to the point of eliminating all OB. Cat probably isn't going to achieve 100% on her C1x putting.

In a lot of ways, these women are who they are at this point. I think that's a good thing. The level of play keeps getting better but no one's running away and hiding from the rest of the field. One woman has a hot streak, then someone else does, then someone else. They're competitive with each other and that's the key. We just need more women to get to the level where it's not a 2 or 3 woman show, it's an 8 or 9 woman show, then a 20 woman show, and so on.
Of the three, PP has the best chance because she can learn or be coached to play a finesse game or 'take some off' some of her throws, and learn course management. It will be much harder for Cat and Sarah to overcome their weaknesses.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-22-2019, 02:43 AM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,053
Niced 4,289 Times in 2,272 Posts
Default

Paige could also keep developing that FH, she has the arm talent(as NateS would say). If she ever gets a confident FH game going, it wont matter how many times she goes OB... Heck it almost doesn't even matter now a lot of the time.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-22-2019, 07:09 AM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,395
Niced 1,355 Times in 791 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Of the three, PP has the best chance because she can learn or be coached to play a finesse game or 'take some off' some of her throws, and learn course management. It will be much harder for Cat and Sarah to overcome their weaknesses.
totaly agree

She need to stop trying to outdrive the field from every tee. .

A 350ft drive is a almost max driver for Hokom. . PP could throw a 350ft control Mid . . . but she always goes for the +450ft max drive

She goes for the max distance shot even if she don΄t need to. .


much easier for a 450ft max player to throw a 350ft placement shot .. than it is for a max 350ft player to go for "more than max shot"
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-22-2019, 07:47 AM
biscoe biscoe is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: spotsylvania, va
Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 94
Posts: 6,615
Niced 2,023 Times in 843 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Of the three, PP has the best chance because she can learn or be coached to play a finesse game or 'take some off' some of her throws, and learn course management. It will be much harder for Cat and Sarah to overcome their weaknesses.
I disagree. Cat has putted well at points in her career. Paige has never shown a desire to manage her game for the most part. Hokom is pretty much maxing out her potential and is a good bit older than the others.
Reply With Quote
 

  #80  
Old 10-22-2019, 08:31 AM
TimSyl TimSyl is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 115
Posts: 777
Niced 287 Times in 140 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
I disagree. Cat has putted well at points in her career. Paige has never shown a desire to manage her game for the most part. Hokom is pretty much maxing out her potential and is a good bit older than the others.
Side note: Is ANYONE ever going to call Hokom on her illegal jump putt?

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 United States Disc Golf Championship Oct 2-5 brutalbrutus Tournaments & Leagues 828 10-21-2019 12:52 PM
DGPT: 2019 San Francisco Open presented by AbsoluteXtracts 10-May to 12-May-2019 brutalbrutus Tournaments & Leagues 160 05-17-2019 03:19 PM
DGPT: 2019 Memorial Championship brutalbrutus Tournaments & Leagues 407 03-18-2019 11:23 AM
2018 DGPT Tour Championship Oct 18-21 brutalbrutus Tournaments & Leagues 217 11-02-2018 05:21 PM
2017 DGPT Tour Championship brutalbrutus Tournaments & Leagues 192 11-02-2017 02:46 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.