Old 04-27-2017, 12:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 565 Times in 346 Posts

I've been giving the Theory another go as well. I've bagged a Plasma my last few rounds. Still learning its nuances VS my beat eclipse Axis but its been working well for me on gentle turnovers that don't come back at all. Like you I've been seeing the need for a disc like this for certain wooded lines. Was actually considering trying out Comets again even, but the Axis / beat Axis / Theory combo has be pretty covered for now. Plus my Proxy is like a baby Comet anyways.

Love that the white rim matches my other mids, which are all Eclipse.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 04-27-2017, 10:42 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 84 Times in 61 Posts

The theory bothers me. I keep bagging it because it can hit some great lines, but it's not understable enough to power down well.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 48
Niced 823 Times in 563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwindacatcher View Post
The theory bothers me. I keep bagging it because it can hit some great lines, but it's not understable enough to power down well.
There must be some variation, or my Neutron is beat. Mine is very US and will not stop moving right even at just over half power. A buddy of mine has a fresh plasma, and his flies much more stable. I probably need one of those to pair.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:48 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,098 Times in 739 Posts

Weight is a big factor in the HSS. Lighter theory will turn easier as well as flat tops vs slight raise. I have a 168g that is domey and throws like my 178g while flat 169g plasma is like a beat theory.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 69
Niced 95 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwindacatcher View Post
I'm still wrestling with whether I want the Theory in or out. I have a plasma one that's a nice slightly understable, but it overlaps some with the Relay for me, and the Relay is really taking over a lot of shots in my bag at present.

But Aim's right. I've had at least one Theory that was pretty HSS. Even with some wear on it, it really didn't turn much, it reminded me a lot of the Axis. And it was one of the first 2 I bought, from those early runs that seemed to have the most indestructible version of Neutron I've seen.

I have to mash this Plasma to get a truly US mid line out of it (for me, mashing it = 275-300.) As you say, powering it down, it's more of a laser/line locker.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 48
Niced 823 Times in 563 Posts

When playing wooded courses, my Theory is my most used disc.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
When playing wooded courses, my Theory is my most used disc.
I'm throwing more and more discs FH and BH, and as that's happened, the Theory has taken more n more of a back seat.

That and, I prefer the Proxy. I'd just as soon shape it, than hope I get enough turn from the Theory this time.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:33 AM
* Ace Member *

My 'problem' with the Theory is the same as it always has been, and it is "my problem," not the discs. Even though I'm much improved even since I got the first Theory I got, it still falls in a weird way with my "margin of error," even though that margin is much smaller now than then.

Slight miss on the hit, or pulling through a bit too wide, etc, and I get straight, glideless flight, or on taller shots, stall and fade instead of long and straight like a 9 iron. Perfect form, I get workable US mid lines. That's just not useful for tight-lines golf, for me, to not be 100% sure which I'll be getting.

The Relay, at that same distance, is more predictable for me, by far. Plus it can do longer lines too. Plus it's better for control/bad lie flicks.

The Theory is still good at a few things so it's in the bag. It'll hold a high, steep, powered down anny like a champ, for ex, better than a Proxy, even.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 21 Times in 17 Posts

theory is in and out of the bag for now its in. hitting those forced anny lines is what i use mine for or powered up longer anny lines. its working great with the matrix for my one two mid punches. both seem to be a bigger envy/proxy which already covers a ton of my mid shots. its easy for me longer envy equals matrix and longer proxy equals theory at least that is how i use them and its working very well for me the last few weeks. theory is a fun mold and lately I'm getting asked a ton what disc was that?

Old 04-27-2017, 11:36 AM
Par Member

Niced 43 Times in 32 Posts

The theory is one of my favorite discs period. My neutron is sufficiently seasoned where it's getting more turn later in the flight. It's a thing of beauty to throw it on a hyzer and let it ride straight for about 200' then slowly turn until it hits the ground.

I'm looking for something to put between it and my matrix now though. My local pias has plenty of watermelons in stock and I love that stamp but idk if they will be stable enough for a real compliment. Might have to go back to the axis.