Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,412 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
As a '13 Legacy 3.6R owner, yeah they've ****ed up pretty good the last decade
I was talking more about them making money off some ugly vehicles, but yeah, they've gotten caught doing some really dumb sh*t.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2019, 07:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 530 Times in 339 Posts

Sounds like he's an affiliate, must be given some kind of code (didn't take a look at his site or whatever) and a kickback for now.

Seems like a no-brainer to me, assuming the relationship went well last time around. Three stripes head to toe - those golf shorts in particular are pretty pro.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 126
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 860 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
That’s cool but Keens are ugly as hell. I feel like their board meetings go like this:

“Here’s the new shoe- it fits like a glove, is built like a tank and will support the user for years”

“That’s great but it isn’t ugly enough”

“Excuse me sir? *Ugly enough*??”

“That’s right, I said make it ugly and I mean UGLY. So ugly nobody but dads that weak khaki shorts and tucked in polo shirts would ever dare to buy them. I want a huge clown shoe toe cap, beige and earth tones that match with nothing everywhere and extra garish mesh side panels. They better be abstinence personified or you’re fired.”

“BUT... SIR, THATS AWFUL”

“MAKE. IT. SO!!!”
First of all, hats off for a great piece of writing! Have to admit, I cracked up when I got to "abstinence personified."

To the bolded: I personally like beefy toe caps, because I drag my inner right toe on the ground when throwing forehands. That is invariably the failure point of my disc golf footwear. So over-built toe caps help extend the useful lifecycle of my purchase. (I haven't actually owned a pair of Keens, but I did try them on specifically because I saw that the toe cap construction was particularly robust. Didn't like the fit.)

And so that this isn't entirely thread drift: weak toe caps are the reason I won't drop coin on these Adidas shoes that many seem to like for disc golf.

Last edited by ThrowBot; 08-27-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Old 09-01-2019, 02:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 142 Times in 75 Posts

I just bought a pair of adidas terrex r2gtx. I’ve been wearing merrels for years, and the most current pair was the “all out blaze”. Those fit great, we’re lightweight, breathable just great shoes all around. Well I couldn’t find anyone in town selling anything similar to those so I went with the Adidas to try them out. 2 weeks in and I don’t know. They are ok, but not ideal in fit and comfort for me. Maybe they will break in better...