Old 02-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 27 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
Up here in Wisconsin, Keen shoes are very popular, along with Merrells. Pretty obvious the reasoning why. I have keen mid height boots and sandals.
I read that as "mid Thigh" boots the first time glancing over it. I love Adidas gear and this is a great move in the right direction for the sport. I wouldn't be surprised to see other players start getting some sort of deal like this from them and other companies.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2017, 11:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 217 Times in 109 Posts

10,000 pairs of shoes is a ton. Yeah people have bought them like crazy since Paul landed the merch deal, but let's not forget that we are disc golfers. How many of your buddies paid full rip price for theirs? A pre order dg specific shoe would more than carry a $120+ price tag. People flake out on $20 Facebook frisbee purchases and TDs have to pull teeth to get people to pre register and pay entry fees in advance.

A monetary deal for him is huge, but let's crawl before we can walk. Forking out the cash to wait several months for shoes only to make a fuss because your toe drag blew them out in 3 months is about par for the course around here.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:13 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,411 Times in 727 Posts

Old 02-09-2017, 12:26 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 229 Times in 90 Posts

When I was a freshman in high school in 1971 I tried out for the basketball team in Chuck Taylors. They were heavy and didn't have very good traction. My friend's brother, who was a junior, gave me his old Adidas high tops. Those shoes transformed my game. I have been an Adidas fan ever since and now need to go get me some Terrex Swift R Gore-Tex DG shoes. Good job, Paul.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 324 Times in 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
That's cool. Can anyone recommend a pair of waterproof Adidas with durable toes? I've got a pair of terrex fast x gtx that I blew through the right toe real quick from my forehand toe drag. Never had that issue with Keens. Glad to see Adidas stepping up here.
I got a pair of ax2s i've had for 2 years. their great, eventually they get soaked through in real wet conditions, and too hot most of the year.
I also have/had the non-waterproof version for the summer, but a stick got 'em just right and put a hole in the mesh top and the heal started to rub (also 2 years old, but way more use)
Old 02-09-2017, 12:44 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 56 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
10,000 pairs of shoes is a ton. Yeah people have bought them like crazy since Paul landed the merch deal, but let's not forget that we are disc golfers. How many of your buddies paid full rip price for theirs? A pre order dg specific shoe would more than carry a $120+ price tag. People flake out on $20 Facebook frisbee purchases and TDs have to pull teeth to get people to pre register and pay entry fees in advance.

A monetary deal for him is huge, but let's crawl before we can walk. Forking out the cash to wait several months for shoes only to make a fuss because your toe drag blew them out in 3 months is about par for the course around here.
This is where our real problem lies and always will. Unless people are willing to put their money where their mouth is we as a sport will always be behind others. It is going to be hard to motivate any manufacturer to produce something specifically for us if we aren't willing to buy it. The funniest thing about it is that the people that are always saying #growthesport are often the ones that in fact do nothing to actually grow the sport

Maybe one day...
Old 02-09-2017, 01:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 29 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody Else View Post
They could alter the lyrics to a few of their songs for Paul. "Putt This Way ft. Aerosmith", "King of ROC" and a diss track titled "It's Ricky"
Nice!
Old 02-09-2017, 02:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 70
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 265 Times in 155 Posts

Thank you adidas and paul. Buying from the adidas outdoor site this month.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:26 PM

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Congrats to Paul. He's being smart. I hope he has a great season this year.

Adidas has to love the kind of sales he's brought to them. They'd've been fools to walk away from whatever the deal was. Now if only they'd drop the regular price on the Terrex GTX to the $67 sale price that was out during the holidays.
I bought them on the last day of the sale 😁

Old 02-09-2017, 06:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 26
Niced 672 Times in 321 Posts

Now I'm waiting for a shoe company to pop in and sponsor Ricky! Get a little more competition going.