Old 02-24-2018, 09:02 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 143 Times in 78 Posts
Default Trilogy Fairway with Convict Flight?

I've got a 166g Lucid Convict that has a fantastic flight. I would like to find a speed 7 Trilogy fairway driver that gives me that same type of flight just shorter...goes straight as an arrow and then when you think it's not going to move left for you (RHBH) it just makes that beautiful fade.

What speed 7 Convict like disc would you recommend from Trilogy?

Thanks for the input!

TripleB

btw: Latitude 64 Opto Jade just may be the greatest disc I've ever thrown. Straight as an arrow and glides forever - by far my longest throws ever (well, I've only been playing 7 months)! And...there is not a better putter for me than the Warlock in SSS!
Sponsored Links

Last edited by TripleB; 02-24-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,593 Times in 1,648 Posts

I'd say Saint Pro, but I haven't thrown recent releases of them. They list the speed as 8 typically, but it's got a 1.8cm rim as listed in disc specs, which is typical of a lot of speed 7 discs. It's definitely a normal fairway rim width compared to the Convict, very much like a mild Teebird. I haven't thrown the Explorer yet but it looks pretty similar too.

To me the big difference between a Convict and the speed 7 class is that the speed 7 will be going slower as it fades so it will stop a little easier rather than skipping or pushing along the ground. Plus they should power down a bit easier. Those differences are more apparent to me than the distance difference between them on the majority of shots.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-24-2018, 10:29 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,177 Times in 1,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
I've got a 166g Lucid Convict that has a fantastic flight. I would like to find a speed 7 Trilogy fairway driver that gives me that same type of flight just shorter...goes straight as an arrow and then when you think it's not going to move left for you (RHBH) it just makes that beautiful fade.

What speed 7 Convict like disc would you recommend from Trilogy?

Thanks for the input!

TripleB

btw: Latitude 64 Opto Jade just may be the greatest disc I've ever thrown. Straight as an arrow and glides forever - by far my longest throws ever (well, I've only been playing 7 months)! And...there is not a better putter for me than the Warlock in SSS!
There's not much Trilogy in that area, which looks to be the area the Teebird is in. The new Explorer might be what you're seeking. It's selling like hotcakes right now, so read up on reviews and get one when new batches come out.

Glad you're liking the Jade.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:36 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,024 Times in 668 Posts

Try a Recycled Stag. They have a touch of turn but of fade and bomb for days.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:33 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 330 Times in 227 Posts

Glad you like the Convict!

Do you have a Verdict? I know you said fairway but to me it's close to a shorter Convict. Maybe a little more stable but if you're throwing well it'll go far and straight for a mid.

Old 02-25-2018, 04:28 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 32
Niced 599 Times in 317 Posts

Are you looking for the perfect disc again?
It's a ::insert disc here::

Niced: (2)
Old 02-25-2018, 08:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 725 Times in 508 Posts

Not a lot of "speed 7" driver's in trilogy's line up. Try the new explorer or back off of a work in escape? Not sure I throw a zombee as my only "speed7" disc you'll have better luck looking for an"8" or a "long6" (that's what she said... Sorry I've been re-running the office) try an undertaker.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:11 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Niced 143 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
I'd say Saint Pro. I haven't thrown the Explorer yet but it looks pretty similar too.

Plus they should power down a bit easier.
I'll take a look at the Saint Pro. The Explorer specs look almost perfect. Yea, I was hoping I could ease up on the Convict but it just gets too much fade when I power down on it. I could start it out further right when I need a shorter distance but there are a couple holes I don't have the room for that.

Thanks for the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
There's not much Trilogy in that area, which looks to be the area the Teebird is in. The new Explorer might be what you're seeking. It's selling like hotcakes right now, so read up on reviews and get one when new batches come out.

Glad you're liking the Jade.
Has the Explorer already been released? I saw a release date of February 23rd but can' find it anywhere!

Thanks...I guess I like it so much because it is so easy to get a ton of distance out of it and even when I power down for the sake of accuracy it still bombs and doesn't change it's flight path!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Try a Recycled Stag. They have a touch of turn but of fade and bomb for days.
Thanks, I'll check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo7 View Post
Do you have a Verdict? I know you said fairway but to me it's close to a shorter Convict. Maybe a little more stable but if you're throwing well it'll go far and straight for a mid.
I do not have a Verdict. It was on my possibility list when I ordered my M2.

I absolutely love the feel of the 400G plastic on the M2, but haven't found a lot of success with the disc yet. Most disc it I don't get the flight I want when I throw it I realize what I did wrong. With the M2 it seems like when I feel that I've done everything correctly with my throw it sometimes still has a mind of it's own.

The Verdict might be a great disc to get. It could either be a slightly shorter Convict or an M2 replacement.

I appreciate the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
Are you looking for the perfect disc again?
It's a ::insert disc here::
Of course!!!!

Actually, except for two spots, shorter Convict and maybe a Trilogy replacement for the M2, I think my bag is perfect for me and my game. At my level I feel I can almost hit every shot, that I'm currently capable of hitting, with those 10 disc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
Not a lot of "speed 7" driver's in trilogy's line up. Try the new explorer or back off of a work in escape? Not sure I throw a zombee as my only "speed7" disc you'll have better luck looking for an"8" or a "long6" (that's what she said... Sorry I've been re-running the office).
I'll check into that Explorer when they become more readily available. I've got a 160g Lucid Air Escape I found (without a contact number)...I'll give it a shot!

Thanks to everyone for your help and advice!!!

TripleB

Old 02-25-2018, 10:13 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 12
Niced 940 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:

Actually, except for two spots, shorter Convict and maybe a Trilogy replacement for the M2, I think my bag is perfect for me and my game.

TripleB
Give it 2 months.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:16 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 4
Niced 193 Times in 124 Posts

Quote:
I'll take a look at the Saint Pro. The Explorer specs look almost perfect. Yea, I was hoping I could ease up on the Convict but it just gets too much fade when I power down on it. I could start it out further right when I need a shorter distance but there are a couple holes I don't have the room for that.

Thanks for the advice!

Has the Explorer already been released? I saw a release date of February 23rd but can' find it anywhere!

Thanks...I guess I like it so much because it is so easy to get a ton of distance out of it and even when I power down for the sake of accuracy it still bombs and doesn't change it's flight path!

Thanks, I'll check it out!

I do not have a Verdict. It was on my possibility list when I ordered my M2.

I absolutely love the feel of the 400G plastic on the M2, but haven't found a lot of success with the disc yet. Most disc it I don't get the flight I want when I throw it I realize what I did wrong. With the M2 it seems like when I feel that I've done everything correctly with my throw it sometimes still has a mind of it's own.

The Verdict might be a great disc to get. It could either be a slightly shorter Convict or an M2 replacement.

I appreciate the help!

Of course!!!!

Actually, except for two spots, shorter Convict and maybe a Trilogy replacement for the M2, I think my bag is perfect for me and my game. At my level I feel I can almost hit every shot, that I'm currently capable of hitting, with those 10 disc!

I'll check into that Explorer when they become more readily available. I've got a 160g Lucid Air Escape I found (without a contact number)...I'll give it a shot!

Thanks to everyone for your help and advice!!!

TripleB
The Explorer is what you're looking for. My best pulls it flew straight (325') as a overpowered mid but with a 15' flare skip in the fade and landing.

The Saint pro is great, sold mine to buy 4 Explorers.
The River Pro is great but more prone to turn than the Explorer.

Sorry to sound like a fanboy but I think Latitude just released their best disc, all categories.

I've even made a video for you... Me comparing my 2 Explorer with a pearly pop-top Saint pro and a burst River Pro.