Old 09-18-2009, 08:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post
Default An Open Letter To Litter Bugs

Hey you, Joe 6-pack and your buddies Mad Dog and 30 Rack,

Carry-In Carry-Out you waste of flesh. I played Baker Farm today with my father. My father who's only played ONE other game with me, and only for 8 holes.

My father was ASHAMED of the amount of beer cans and Gatorade bottles littering the grounds. We took bags from the trunk of his car and filled TWO of them COMPLETELY. I'm not talking your average grocery bag, these are the "pay for these huge bag at Aldi's" bags. Like a kitchen sized trash bag, with handles. And that's only the stuff we saw that was worth our time! (not smashed into the mud, covered in filth, way off the path etc)

This is a FREE PUBLIC COURSE and if they have to PAY SOMEBODY TO CLEAN IT guess what's going to happen? They're either going to stop letting people in and let it grow over...or they're going to CHARGE YOUR DRUNK (and or) LAZY (expletive) TO PLAY YOU (expletives deleted) I swear to the disc gods that if I see you leave your 7 beer bottles on the message board shelf near tee 1 I am going to throw those (expletives) at you MOTHER (expletives) and if I miss I will go down there swinging the last one like a #Q$^^#@$%@ CLUB!

YOU ARE FIFTEEN FEET FROM THE PARKING LOT! PICK UP YOUR TRASH!

Sincerely,
Considerate Disc Golfers of The World

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a side note, I feel good about myself, I helped clean up a public park today, and by doing so I helped in some small way to promote a sport and outdoor activity that I enjoy. And my dad gets to collect like $3.35 in refundable cans and bottles.

****Below is a picture of how I was able to find my missed long putt on hole 11, thanks LB's****
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00101-20090918-1419.jpg (103.6 KB, 66 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 31.2
Courses Played: 251
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 23 Times in 6 Posts

I used to play a course on the west side of Columbus, called Big Run. It was a fun, diverse course. What kick ass memories. That course was abolished due to vandalism and littering. What a shame. I agree that anyone found defacing or trashing a course should be beat down and have their discs taken in the process.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 40
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts

I really hate beer cans and aqua fina bottles.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 25
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

lets include cigarette butts, food packaging, and empty weed bags in the WTF portion of this thread. any litter is doing the area a disservice.

...and i vote "yes" on treating litter bugs the same way they treat their surroundings.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

I think I should start carrying some of http://www.amazon.com/Dramm-Premium-...7&sr=8-2-spell with me, and a sling bag.

1) I can pick stuff up easier, and make the place look real nice.
2) If *you* saw my father and I picking up litter, you wouldn't want to be the guy tossing the bottles on the ground...We're big dudes, and you *don't* want to pick a fight with us.

\/\/
Old 09-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 46.3
Courses Played: 8
Niced 71 Times in 42 Posts

It isn't just DG. We used to do quite a bit of canoing. We'd purposely pick sections of rivers that weren't very popular just to stay away from the crowds. One of our favorites was a small river called Black River. When the state started improving the camping around Black River, the river got trashed. On one particular trip I watched a drunk empty a cooler of trash onto the beach. Someone started booing and many people joined in. It worked. He picked up the trash and moved on.

I too pick up around the courses I play. Most have trash cans placed at the tees. Usually I don't have to carry stuff too far. But it does suck having to clean as you play.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 27
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I have to say I broke down and had a tantrum the other day about this... I mean the damn empty cans/bottles were less than 3 steps away from a garbage can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How hard is it to pick up your crap? And most of it is not allowed on course to begin with (beer cans, baggies)... I mean do people want cops everywhere writing tickets?
Old 09-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 18
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cigarette butts out the car window drive me insane. A guy parked right next to our park did this right in front of me, so I was polite and said, "I think you dropped this" and gave it back to him. Of course he went off on a tirade, but I'm sure it will make him think twice about it next time.
What is so hard about using the ashtray in a car?
Old 09-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 28
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

see, this is another reason why Michigan really is the best,
we get 10cents for our bottle returns! therefore, we have bums that walk the courses picking up cans and garbage so they can get the scrilla for their next pack of TOP rolling tobacco.... I love michigan....

Old 09-20-2009, 03:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

If I ever get a disc golf cart, I'm going to keep a trash bag tied to it.

I know that the social experiment of keeping a place clean works. They've proven that areas with some graffiti attract more graffiti, if you keep the park clean people are less likely to litter. But if they see 7 cans at the FIRST TEE...they don't care as much "well other people do it...."

By the way I went to Baker again with diff people today, you could tell the 2 holes we missed, they were much messier. Also I found 8 more bottles in the little cubbies on that sign....GRRR