Sex: M

Other sport proficiencies?: Athletic, decent control of my body
Additional Information: Proficiant at straight face sarcasm and BSing
Does the name master mean you are a master?: No, just a 14 year old nickname
Have you been a dick on DGCR?: Yes
If so how many times?: more than once
Can you handle dickish feed back?: yes quite well
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: no much i dislike
Specific areas of desired feedback: no much other discs to use but perhaps ways to use the discs i already have.
Immediate and long-term goals: id like to work on some trick utility shots for getting out of trouble, idk what you call it, but like layed down tommys and thumbers...
I used to play throwing everything flat, and had a disc for all my shots. At this point i can throw pretty consistent turnovers long and short. i throw hyzer pretty good too, however, im not a hyzer flipper. i dont trust my hyzer form enough to depend on it so i choose not to force things over in that way.

In addition id like to ultimately get video showing how i use the different discs. ive read people say, 'what do people mean be Pd flies straight?'
as well advise like, 'throwing the same discs as a newbie friend is beneficial so that player can really see what is possible with the disc they have.' so i think this maybe cool and double as a form critique. what do you think?
id be thinking of buying and using something the kodak playsport, any positive or negative feed back on a better one, or are these garbage?

SO to start my putters

the wizard, 175g Eraser for putting, glow for driving
flat 280ft, hyzer 300ft, anhy 250ft. I own many in almost all blends
after years of putter fuss, it was me not my arrows. however, there is so much i and many love about the wizards over every other putter
what i grew fond of the most was in my discing down experience the wizard could handle whatever i threw at, raging bad form bombs to tight straight tunnels.
i gravitate to stiffer gateway plastic but love the year round grip i get from the eraser.
lastly i guess i inline spin/push put, but getting comfortable FHing over and around obsticals as well as kneeling and straddling.

the zone, ESP 175g
use this inside of 275ft for FH and BH. I recently made the switch from an flx drone and love it. people tend to get big skips with theirs, but for me coming from the drone, perhaps they dont seem quite so skippy.
i love them FH flexs and approaches. it handles my streaky Fh technique well. just started messing around fan gripping FH and BH. when i do this it tends to leave on a slight anhy delivering a more straight finishing zone for me. I throw this almost every hole.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 19 Times in 7 Posts
Default the mids

MD2, wide open 330ft, restricted control 300ft
Again after forth and back over the years i settled on the MD2.
I own a few of the C S and P and at this point keep the P and C in the bag.
174g P thrown real hard and flat with give me a just off center turn line, but also thrown anhy it holds to the ground. i can stand still this pretty damn straight start to finish. Can handle wind when thrown real clean, flops like a dead fish if im out of sync in wind.
175g C, thrown hard and flat flies really straight with slight fade. Can thrown little flexs with it, but the hole really has to call to me. Hyzers beautifully and i have no issues throwing this in any wind.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 23
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

You should consider getting a Z Zone. I think of it this way, the Z Zone is like a flat MD2 and the ESP Zone is like a domey MD2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
Additional Information:
You forgot being banned from a Disc Golf Course because of a truthful review
Old 02-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared_Discless View Post
You should consider getting a Z Zone. I think of it this way, the Z Zone is like a flat MD2 and the ESP Zone is like a domey MD2.

You forgot being banned from a Disc Golf Course because of a truthful review
nice, i heard this as well so glad you agree. i did get a glo zone, but again reluctant in the snow.

that would have been some additional funny info to put in there.
Are you afraid to speak your mind and do you like to sugar coat?: Not a chance
Old 02-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 60
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

On the zone skips....I don't get it either when people complain of them. I can range my zone better than any other disc I think and that includes putters because there is little chance for extra glide. I hit the pole 7 or 8 times with my zone last weekend.

One thing I would recommend is even though I love the zone for the short flicks too to take out your bag of wizards and work all the short flick lines with them too. will give you that extra touch with the zone and will also maybe re-enforce some lines that will get you out of the bushes if need be.

That being said your forehands with the zones have been great.

Also remember to prcatice that that FH straddle left that us long leg guys can get away with that i mentioned on 7 buffumville. That no arm, hip wrist shot will keep the hyzer pure.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menacewarf View Post
On the zone skips....I don't get it either when people complain of them. I can range my zone better than any other disc I think and that includes putters because there is little chance for extra glide. I hit the pole 7 or 8 times with my zone last weekend.

One thing I would recommend is even though I love the zone for the short flicks too to take out your bag of wizards and work all the short flick lines with them too. will give you that extra touch with the zone and will also maybe re-enforce some lines that will get you out of the bushes if need be.

That being said your forehands with the zones have been great.

Also remember to prcatice that FH straddle left, that us long leg guys can get away with that i mentioned on 7 buffumville. That no arm, hip wrist shot will keep the hyzer pure.
here i am critiquing your bag via PM and youre critiquing mine here, down with boredom.
smashing chains for the birds was sweet but it was only after your park job allowed me to. i though about how i would never had put so much on it had i been playing singles, but i guess that just wasnt the situation.
i started thinking about rnd 1 on 3 when we were tight to that pine tree. i think a tommy with an US disc would have made the swoop around the tree without ever trying to cut back like a stable disc tommy would
Old 02-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Default The Fairways

FD Jackal, 350ft thought when the stars align, the S lines can glide and glide
Ive currently been throwing a 175g S in the winter windy months and she treats me good. Bh flat i get long turnovers, slight hyzer she stays pretty straight. i also like throwing this on big hyzer lines, when i need to cut a quick corner and then glide out. Fh they can be smooth operators as well
the C i carry is 168g, its faster but with less glide. they do great cutting wind, and are for my straight to touch of fade disc. i can throw tight and long flexs with the cfd after a little use, but they tend to pop out early in my heavier weight.
Somewhat camera shy is my 161 SPD. if there is a good head wind and i need to make sure it fades, ill pull it out. If its real bad wind, i have a star FB 161g too. but thats more in the car, not the bag.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 60
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
here i am critiquing your bag via PM and youre critiquing mine here, down with boredom.
smashing chains for the birds was sweet but it was only after your park job allowed me to. i though about how i would never had put so much on it had i been playing singles, but i guess that just wasnt the situation.
i started thinking about rnd 1 on 3 when we were tight to that pine tree. i think a tommy with an US disc would have made the swoop around the tree without ever trying to cut back like a stable disc tommy would
In that case you could try to set your basket up like 50-80 off one of those lines of bushes around your place and fire all your putters in their deep and random and then do a round of Escape BH, a round FH, a round Tommy, a round scoobie, ect...
Old 02-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Default Stable Distance Drivers

Flow, avg 380, again great glide, hit over 400 quite a few times
the opto i have is 169 and flat for a flow. after its initial break in, it started to show the turn it is specified to have. i throw this flat for turnovers and can easily throw an anhy that sails for big turnovers.
the GL i have is also 169 and domey. this flies straight with no real turn and gives me a slight penetrating fade. this one handles the wind exceptionally well. as a mold this is nose angle sensitive, and really helped to get consistent with keeping it down.
this has been by far the most difficult spot i had to fill. i tried a lot of discs with the same flight ratings, but this seems to be the one for me. i was pretty happy as well with the SCD i bought. identical line as the GL, it was just always 20ft shorter

Old 02-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Default Overstable Distance

No stranger to praise the PD

the s line i have is 172 are ^(insert favorite adjective). i didnt risk loosing it enough this winter, but anxious to get it back work. i pull this out if i need a distance line to fly straight and with some fighting fade. this has been stunned into not fading a few occasions but it was battling steady wind
i was throwing the +c line at 169 but for all intensive purposes, ill be using the new glow C lines at 172. the c line has just been an all around money disc. ive found it to perform in anything ive thrown at it and mother nature has thrown at us. it will fade.
in the car, i also have a champ 168 firebird, for instances where the SPD is not fading, in which case my discs do a little side step right.