Old 04-28-2022, 11:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22
Courses Played: 280
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,004 Times in 1,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
You're the only guy I know with a light uplink.. How far can you throw it straight? Is it always a hyzer release for you? Is there still that magic soft fade?
Uplink was mostly hyzer flips, but I am not confident where it will go if I mash on it. If I don't mash on the Uplink, I can accomplish the same thing more reliably by just throwing a putter.

So Uplink is out of the bag for now. Perhaps a heavier Uplink would fly more consistently? I will be interested to hear how the 183g Uplink flies for you.

Quote:
How's the plasma insanity? I see it there... "Trials space" or a skeptical "where have you been my whole life space" like you had to beat original insanity for 2 yrs before they did that?... I'm hearing good things about all the new plasma runs.
Love love loving the new Plasma Insanity. Quickly broke in to where it drifts gently right on a flat throw, finishing with a gentle but reliable late fade. Current run matches the flight numbers to a tee, and I have been throwing it a ton.

Basically back to asking the question, "Is there a compelling reason NOT to throw a Plasma Insanity here?"
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 04-28-2022, 11:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39
Courses Played: 266
Niced 8,272 Times in 2,835 Posts

Just picked up and have been working with a 154 Opto Saint and a 156 VIP Underworld. The Saint screams. I have not quite figured out the Underworld yet. I throw a 154 VIP Air King as my primary driver.

Old 04-28-2022, 11:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Just picked up and have been working with a 154 Opto Saint and a 156 VIP Underworld. The Saint screams. I have not quite figured out the Underworld yet. I throw a 154 VIP Air King as my primary driver.
Hey, welcome to the 150s cult, ru4!

Never tried an Air King. Probably more disc than I should be throwing lol.

Old 04-29-2022, 12:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.1
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,371 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocacy View Post

So Uplink is out of the bag for now. Perhaps a heavier Uplink would fly more consistently? I will be interested to hear how the 183g Uplink flies for you.
Probably like a wham-o on roids!!!!

I can do a 70 percent send on a 177 and with some downhill action it will fight further than a relay, if I get the right hyzer angle. It's always close, a month of wear is magical, not sure about a solid 3 months. It's doing what I need at 100' plus doubling as a putter or a fairway at 200+. I'm really digging a max weight I can throw, the carry is "different" and very long. I have to be something between clean and nose up sloppy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocacy View Post
Basically back to asking the question, "Is there a compelling reason NOT to throw a Plasma Insanity here?"
Good to know, Did you lose all your other insanity's? Or just shelve them for waves and forget you owned them... or just trip across a pretty new disc in the shop..?

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 04-29-2022 at 12:22 AM.

Old 04-29-2022, 12:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Good to know, Did you lose all your other insanity's? Or just shelve them for waves and forget you owned them... or just trip across a pretty new disc in the shop..?
What is this "shop" of which you speak?

Yes, I was down to one last Plasma Insanity, dark charcoal gray which I figured would not last long in the wild. Seemed like a good time to check out the competition. Best I found was the Air Hatchet, which reminds me of the Uplink - touchy, but capable of amazing things if thrown EXACTLY right.

Understable fairway drivers are my most-lost discs by a large margin, so I need a steady supply of back-ups.

I have just enough space in the yard to do full putter drives, so I'm pretty comfortable tossing putters out to 200' or so.

Last edited by Monocacy; 04-29-2022 at 12:37 AM.