Old 02-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 511 Times in 244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
This is my philosophy, take it or leave it.

If I find a disc, I call the #. If the dude is still at the course I tell him what hole I am on and he can meet me up. If he has left the course I give him the option of driving back to meet me before I finish my round, otherwise I will leave the disc at their chosen spot on the course. That would be a pro shop if available, otherwise I will stash it under a garbage can or something so the owner can track it down. If the person is out of town well good luck. I'm not taking on an errand to return it. I will offer to stash it at the course but otherwise too bad.

I don't know about you guys, but at my worst calculation my time is worth roughly $30 an hour. If you expect me to take time to return your disc understand that I am losing a minimum of $30 an hour to get this piece of plastic to you. Not only that but I place a high intrinsic value on my time and with a job + 3.5 kids there is no way I am embarking on a post office visit unless suitably induced.
LMAO. I have the identical approach on the first paragraph, but it's not because I don't want to be inconvenienced or my time is valuable. I will simply forget/procrastinate and it will stay in my trunk, so I take on the trash can approach so I'm not breaking a promise. I ask the exact same of people who call me. They sometimes offer to meet up, and again I get all lazy unless it's something really special. I just tell them to put it under a trash can. I have done that at least 3 times with 0 follow up. I wonder if they are still there.......

On that 2nd paragraph, I just find it hilarious that you quantified the value of your time. I'm not a supernatural/karma guy, but it gives me the fuzzies if I can make someone happy by returning their disc. Unfortunately, I learned my need for those fuzzies goes away quickly, so I stopped making promises.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2017, 05:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 19 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djschnabel View Post
Zach, share his number here, or on the Twin Cities Disc Golf page. Somebody will make it their purpose to out the dude and find out everything about him, his girl, family, kids, etc and he will end up begging for mercy
Eek.. I know you have good intentions here but I don't think going balls deep and doxxing somebody over a $15 Destroyer is really warranted.

Now if it was a pop-top marbled SDS, my opinion might be swayed...
Old 02-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Banned

Niced 614 Times in 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerface View Post
On that 2nd paragraph, I just find it hilarious that you quantified the value of your time. I'm not a supernatural/karma guy, but it gives me the fuzzies if I can make someone happy by returning their disc. Unfortunately, I learned my need for those fuzzies goes away quickly, so I stopped making promises.
I am all for warm fuzzies, but with almost 4 kids I care less. My kids don't eat fuzzies (unless I'm not watching closely enough).
Old 02-02-2017, 07:10 PM
Finders Keepers Anonymous Pond Diver

Courses Played: 8
Niced 61 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Zach, share his number here, or on the Twin Cities Disc Golf page. Somebody will make it their purpose to out the dude and find out everything about him, his girl, family, kids, etc and he will end up begging for mercy

Frustrating enough to lose a disc, more frustrating when a bag of vinegar and water finds it and trys to play games with it's rightful owner :/
Lol this is an appropriate response to you?? SMH
Old 02-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 27 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonbeezy1 View Post
Lol this is an appropriate response to you?? SMH
yeah we will kill his family and eat his pets that will teach him to not mail the disc. like whoa bro chill.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:16 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 511 Times in 244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaledge View Post
yeah we will kill his family and eat his pets that will teach him to not mail the disc. like whoa bro chill.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:18 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 31
Niced 538 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:

Frustrating enough to lose a disc, more frustrating when a bag of vinegar and water finds it and trys to play games with it's rightful owner :/
Uh....

Old 02-03-2017, 09:33 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

First of all, YOU lost the disc and YOU didn't find it. If someone finds it and feels the need to contact you and get it back to you, it's a good thing on their part and a bonus for you. Losing discs is part of the game. I tend to agree with one of the other posters that the guy probably wasn't willing to go out of state with his efforts. Who knows.

I often rake the lake at my local course looking for discs over the past couple years. Spent money making the rakes and spent many hours doing it. To this day, I haven't thrown ANY of the discs I've found and I have never accepted any form of payment for returning them. I've never sold any either. I have several times stopped playing my round to fish freshly thrown discs out and/or to walk to the road to meet up. I have fun finding them and enjoy getting them back to many of the cool people that PREVIOUSLY owned them. Is it a karma thing? not really dude. Just a nice thing to do some times. I'll also mention that I have never had one of my own discs returned to me. Doesn't mean that I quit putting my number on my discs or start whining on a public forum about them. I'll also say, that I have returned discs to many people who didn't deserve my time and effort. People that act like it was my responsibility to get their discs back to them. People that tell me they'll do this or that to meet up and get the disc and never show or constantly change the plan. People that go on and on over the phone about how someone else didn't do this or that with their other disc they lost. Makes a person not so keen to help real fast. Being from out of state, if you didn't offer to send him a return box to his house or whatever, then you don't deserve to get the disc back either. Finding a disc on a course and returning it is NOT about doing the right thing or not. It's simply being extra nice if it happens.

So, to answer your question. I would stfu and move on. lol

Last edited by maRsh74; 02-03-2017 at 09:34 PM. Reason: addition
Old 02-03-2017, 09:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 30.5
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,130 Times in 960 Posts

To the landfill, boys!

Old 02-09-2017, 01:25 PM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

SonicGuy, how exactly do you have 3.5 kids? Does this mean your wife/girl is preggo or something? I'm so confused...