Old 02-26-2017, 05:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 156
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 11 Times in 6 Posts

MCBeast Hole 13 368 feet uphill, blind with a huge bunker right in front of the basket. Champ thunderbird on a tight hyzer - air to chains.

He's w/in two of Ricky with 5 to play
Sponsored Links

Last edited by jsc430; 02-26-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:02 PM
Par Member

Niced 106 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc430 View Post
ACCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEE!
That was nuts...in more than one way.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 23
Niced 360 Times in 142 Posts

Great collaboration on the coverage of this event. Enjoyed seeing the mix of media personalities participating in both the live and polished video. Bravo! Well done!

Niced: (1)
Old 02-26-2017, 07:04 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,378 Times in 1,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom12003 View Post
Live coverage is infinitely better today than Saturday. Thanks
Agree that the live coverage today was really good. Thanks for all work from SpinTV, SmashBoxx, and Central Coast Disc Golf!

And yes, the McBeth Ace was amazing!

Old 02-26-2017, 08:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 125
Niced 28 Times in 15 Posts

https://youtu.be/4_9fv-m1SPs

Old 02-27-2017, 05:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,564 Times in 881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
But as far as the graphics and overlays go... right now go and thank UDisc for all the wonderful stats and graphics that they provide for the DGPT. Because with the NTs, there is none of that extra graphics and statistical support. I am the solo guy behind the scenes switching the show and helping coordinate cameras. There isn't a way for me to have enough arms to also keep track of scoring & stats as well. At best today you will get some lower thirds with their names on them. Without the extra support crew, you get the show essentials. I have access to PDGALIVE.com just like you. No more.
While the final round coverage was good, thank you for that, but with the utmost respect, I'm just going to have to disagree with the mentality of "that's the best we could do". All those stats, etc, that the DGPT does is nice, but that's not what I'm talking about. How about basic info such as par, feet, golfer's name and current score? Even that basic information displayed would go a long way in engaging the viewer. I don't know about others, but I found myself a bit dis-attached from the drama because I honestly didn't know the score for several holes. I want to know how my favorite player is doing, I want to know how far each hole is, so as a fan I can guesstimate how far my favorite pro is driving, etc, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
I have access to PDGALIVE.com just like you. No more.
I can pretty much guarantee you could get a volunteer to keep track of the lead card's score for you and then you could update those 5 scores and display those at the start of each hole.

Please see my attached image. (I know the data is wrong on the pic!! lol..) Imop this is the...most...basic...of information that you should be able to display at some point at the start of each hole. Nothing fancy here, just score, hole, par, distance and the player's name and their current score. As someone also in the tech industry I get there are some serious road blocks that you're up against, but displaying basic text and images over a live streaming video should not be one of them in 2017.

I realize text on a forum can some out pretty harsh, and I'm not trying to dog you guys or bash you, I'm a HUGE fan of Spin, Smash and others and I personally greatly appreciate what you guys do!! But a few little additions to your live broadcast, even the basic stuff I'm suggesting, can go a long way in making the live broadcast appear to be much more professional and engaging for the viewer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg discgolflive.jpg (31.0 KB, 69 views)

Old 02-27-2017, 09:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 35
Niced 19 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
How about basic info such as par, feet, golfer's name and current score? Even that basic information displayed would go a long way in engaging the viewer.
JV can defend himself but...

Its not as easy as you are making it out to be when you are already switching the show, trying to coordinate with the guys on site, etc.

In an ideal production setup there is a single person dedicated to updating graphics and pushing that to the director / technical director to mix into the show.

Par/feet/name would be relatively easy to line up ahead of time with some pre-production work. But keeping an updated score is where things get tricky. Especially in real time when, again, the main focus is switching the show, making sure the camera guys are coordinated, making sure the stream is going well and maybe engaging in a bit of chat with the audience.

Just switching a multi-camera show is more than enough to occupy 100% of my attention (at work). I cannot imagine trying to do real-time updates to graphics in the middle of it.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:11 AM
Par Member

Niced 106 Times in 58 Posts

I found one of the more interesting things from the coverage was actually the Innova spot that ran between holes 8 and 9 on each video. I noticed during the ad we see four shots of Nybo (just a couple less shots than they show of McBeth) . Not sure if I should read into this as Innova focusing up on the overseas market or if there is absolutely nothing to it, but found it interesting regardless.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.8
Courses Played: 152
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,976 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsk View Post
I found one of the more interesting things from the coverage was actually the Innova spot that ran between holes 8 and 9 on each video. I noticed during the ad we see four shots of Nybo (just a couple less shots than they show of McBeth) . Not sure if I should read into this as Innova focusing up on the overseas market or if there is absolutely nothing to it, but found it interesting regardless.
I'd guess that there's nothing to it if only because I can't imagine there are many people watching those videos that are going to recognize Nybo from among the numerous players (let alone that he is Danish) and not already be into the game enough to be relatively uninfluenced by the ad. In other words, if they know who he is, they already know what he throws as well.

I'd guess he's prominent because they happen to have plenty of good footage of him on hand, perhaps thanks to him typically being a lead card player at all the DGWT European events last year (all covered by SpinTV, who produced the ad).

Old 02-27-2017, 10:54 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 137 Times in 67 Posts

Someone commented earlier about why they suddenly decided to put five on the MPO lead card, when they chose not to do the same for the women, even though there was a forth place tie. I think the answer may be that Innova encouraged the TD to make the change so they could highlight their new guy Jerm, who was playing very well the last two rounds. Didn't work out as they hoped, I'm afraid. If the fifth place guy was from Prodigy or Trilogy, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have happened. Pushing the plastic brand seems to permeate everything in this sport, but since it's the only significant source of revenue, I suppose it's just the way it has to be, unfortunately.