Old 12-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default New bag new discs let me know what you think

Let me give you a little bit of background on me. I am sure there are templates for this thread but i like to wing it. I have been playing disc golf for over 3 years now. I am a rhbh thrower and my average distance is about 400 feet. Looking to see if i can get some improvements on my bag that will help my game.

First off my bag is a brand new Grip A series. Absolutely love it. fits well on the back and has no issues with any of the weight of the bag and it works well.

Now start with my plastic!!!!!!
Distance Drivers:

Westside World: I have 2 worlds that i picked up and they are superve. They are my go to forhand/ headwind disc for rhbh throws. I dont know if i have the true power of what the disc requires but it flies real nice. Average distance is yet to be determined but i have thrown over 350 with this disc.

Innova Tern: I have 3 terns in the bag right now. I absolutely love this disc. for amazing distance and control shots. I have 2 in champion and one in star plastic. I have 1 champ tern that is new and stable. long straight hyzer shots. The other champ tern is beat in and does long S shots and then the star tern is super understable and i am still beating in for a throw that does not pull out. Average distance with the terns i would say is around 350-400 feet. Although i know that i have hit over 425 with it on some holes.

Westside Sword: The sword is a very nice stable disc that will fly straight and work its way left. I throw this in small headwinds for a little turn but it is a slower disc and not as much glide as the tern. Average distance is 300-330 feet. Shorter shots that dont require the tern.

Discraft XL: This i just got back from my friend and is a anhyzer all the way. I throw it flat it will just turn over. I would say that i throw this disc from 300 to 350 foot anhyzer shots.

Westside Boatman: The Boatman is a nice S curve disc that average distance is 250-300 feet and will always come back. the disc is super domy so love the glide that the dome gives.

Fairway Drivers:

Latitude 64 River: This disc is amazing, but i have 2 plastics one in opto and the other is in gold line. the gold line was my buddies but he hated the disc and he hit a lot of trees with it. So...... Now it is super understable. Love the turn over on it and harldy will come out unless in high lines. The other one i have is in opto and i just got it. i have only thrown in 3-4 times. i see so far is a ani-hyzer flip that will most likely come out all the time. I can see it being a hyzer flip straight disc in the future. Average distance is 250-300.

Latitude 64 Saint: I only have one but i find this to be the go to S curve or a hyzer flip straight shot disc. I have only had it for about 3 months but it flies nicely. Also i plan on getting maybe a recycled line or a gold line disc. i can throw the saint on a straight line for 250-325 ish and maybe more but i dont try to over power it.

Mid Range:

Innova Roc3: I love this disc and you can do so much with it. I have 2 of them. One is an ice blue 1 time Paul McBeth world champ and the other is a 2X world champ in tyedye see through plastic. this disc is super stable with reliable fade at the end. I can throw this from 200-300 feet. I also use this as long hyzer shots that require finess over pure power.

Innova Gator: I just got this yesterday and love it. I used to have a gator that was in glow and for some crazy reason i got rid of it. I know have a star gator that i love to throw and use it well for the upshot that require serious hyzer or into headwind for straighter shots. I plan on getting another one once this gets beat in.

Westside Swan- i know this is a putter but i call this more of an approach or mid range disc. I can throw my putter up to 250 but i am not sure cause on some holes that call it 330 over a ravine and slightly down hill i can throw it pin high. I would say average 250 feet with putter. This is my go to anhyzer midrange right now. I want to go to something with better plastic than the eco since it beats up real fast. Also a good hyzer flip straight shot disc as well.

PUTTERS:

The most important part of the game to me is my putting. I have cycled through a lot of putters over the years and i think i have my go to putter.

Dynamic Disc Warden: This putter is superb. Has the ultimate glide. I have 3 Wardens right now and i have one that is classic hard and 2 that are soft classic. My putting is very good at points then i am cold. I am 80% from 20 if not 90%. At 50 feet i would say that i am 40% making it.

Discraft Banger GT- This is new to me and was given to me by my friend. I use this putter and find out that it flies well. I use it for headwind putts or hyzer putts.

This is my bag and i like it a lot. I have some more coming in but i think i will wait for christmas to be over. Stuff that i am looking to get is:

1. Star Gator
2. Gold line Saint or recycled line
3. Another Star tern
4: Some understable midrange!!!!! I am not sure what i want on this one, Maybe i can get some help. Looking at the 175-250 foot range. I like 99% of the companies out ther so feel free to throw out some suggestion.

I have also cycled through loads of discs over the years here are some that i have tried and have come in and out of the bag:

Stag
underworld
king
nuke
mako
mako3
roc
shark3
northman
comet
buzz
valkery
max
Bolt- was given to me. i have only thrown it 3 times. not a big fain
trespass- also was given to me. it might go in the bag
beast
destroyer- blizzard only plastic
tee devil
katana- blizzard only plastic
wraith- just cycled out 5 of these for the terns
spider- used only as putters but i had a tone of chain outs.

Just let me know what you think and i am fine with any suggestions, whether it be critisizm or good advice.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2013, 10:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 23
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

My initial thought it that you should have updated your previous thread rather than start a new one

Secondly, if you have 400' of power than you do not need an understable mid for shot ranging between 175'- 250' get a 2nd Firm Warden use it exclusively for upshots & approaching - it will beat in quick enough
Old 12-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared_Discless View Post
My initial thought it that you should have updated your previous thread rather than start a new one

Secondly, if you have 400' of power than you do not need an understable mid for shot ranging between 175'- 250' get a 2nd Firm Warden use it exclusively for upshots & approaching - it will beat in quick enough
You are right about updating my old thread. i forgot about that thread. also a firm warden that beats in. that could work. Thanks for the response.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:44 AM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 346
Niced 301 Times in 155 Posts

Either that, or 400'=300'.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
Either that, or 400'=300'.

i can definately throw 400 feet. throwing 300 feet is easy to do with good technique. I would average 350-400 feet. i have hit over 600 feet but on a huge downhill shot. i dont count those types of shots though. on flat ground i can throw 350 to 400 feet. Also a lot of factors come into play when i say that. It is currently winter in Ohio. Last week i was in 4 inches of snow and could barely get good footing to throw 350 feet. but yesterday hole 12 in lincoln ridge disc golf course i overthrew the basket by 50 feet with my champ tern 3-4 times in warmups. that hole is 360 feet slightly downhill but not by much. Those drives were hitting 410-430 feet.

In my edited part, this is an in the bag thread not a thread to doubt what someone can do. If you say that you can throw 500 feet i would say let me see it. Im not going to call you out and say that you really cant throw that far.

Last edited by pmorgan1214; 12-20-2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: adding onto my post
Old 12-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you do decide on an actual understable disc, you could toss that Comet back in your bag. You could also look at the Stingray, Tursas, Meteor, Flying Squirrel, etc
Old 12-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 26.7
Courses Played: 47
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I am dang near clueless on understable mids too and I've have or have thrown almost all of them besides the Tursas.

I usually rotate in and out a beat P-MD2 and Opto Fuse. Fuse turns more but is touchier. P-MD2 is a dang awesome discs. Hyzerflips to straight 300 on a line. Fuse can work more angles. I have a bunch more.

I'm probably not much help, I need to wait till Spring to get out and throw them all again at full power. I really should focus on beating my DX Rocs into fliptastic status.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I mean, I could have mentioned the Wolf too, but I didn't want egged
Old 12-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks for the replies. it is a huge toss up on the understable mid. i have thrown the tursas and it was to unreliable. i want a disc that i throw flat and it just turns right and does not come back. i think that is going to be a time issue. i have to really beat in a disc for that. i am looking at a kite. the glide is nice and the -3 turn should help.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 26.7
Courses Played: 47
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Kites can be good, little domey for me. It's Leopardish in the dome but bigger. Kite's get a lot of hate but I think they are good discs. I've really come to the conclusion that all understable discs are touchy, it's just their nature. A little too much power or headwind/sidewind will effect them more. It's being able to dial in just the right angle, power and have clean form.

Danggit, I'm learning RHFH.