Old 12-29-2018, 10:30 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 46
Niced 135 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
Thank you

The early swing is killing me. I'm also noticing it when I'm throwing. It's always been there but now I can feel it a bit. It's torture.
If it were easy, everyone would be throwing 500'. Keep at it.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 01-09-2019, 09:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 339 Times in 211 Posts

Still working on this but slooooow progress

I haven't had a lot of chances to post videos. Someone at work got pneumonia and my schedule has been upside down.

Question that probably doesn't have an answer

I still get out on the course every week but I'm not sure what I should be doing. I obviously haven't been able to transfer the drills to the course, so what should I be doing? Standstill?

Right now I'm just reverting to my old form.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,849 Times in 1,229 Posts

If you're not going to make a change or don't know what change to make and are just playing rounds, then play rounds in the most consistent or fun way you can. If a slow stride feels good then do it. If the X-step is throwing you off and you have better accuracy standstill then do that. It's hard to think about your form changes if you are trying to play well.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-10-2019, 10:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
If you're not going to make a change or don't know what change to make and are just playing rounds, then play rounds in the most consistent or fun way you can. If a slow stride feels good then do it. If the X-step is throwing you off and you have better accuracy standstill then do that. It's hard to think about your form changes if you are trying to play well.
I don't care about playing well right now but I also don't know what to do on the course that helps. I was tempted to take a break from playing until I can progress a little, but it's weird when you play with the same group every week for years to not show up.

My old form is the only thing that feels ok right now.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:19 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

I agree with SP, and I just tried my hardest to have fun. I play regularly with my best friend and brother, where we have...let's say "spirited" competitions together. I'm a competitive person by nature, so having fun was easier said than done at times.

For me, it helped to keep just one aspect of my form in my mind for the round. Whether that be shortening my stride, not spinning out, planting closed...etc. I did/have almost completely gone away from my x-step for the time being. While my friends thought my one step/standstill throw was a bit odd at first, they didn't have much to say when they saw I was driving just as far (if not farther) than them on a consistent basis.

Old 01-10-2019, 12:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
I don't care about playing well right now but I also don't know what to do on the course that helps. I was tempted to take a break from playing until I can progress a little, but it's weird when you play with the same group every week for years to not show up.

My old form is the only thing that feels ok right now.
I would say then to just play but be aware of your balance when throwing. Really try to make sure you feel that you have leverage/control while turning into the backswing, and that the forward swing is done the same way...plant, have leverage, then swing.

Also throwing some discs won't be a bad thing for you too, to get into the mindset of the hit/goal of the motion instead of overdoing any of the perpetual back and forth drills.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:47 PM
* Ace Member *

I had a couple of vids to upload but they are crap

Feeling a little lost right now.

What drill do y'all think I should focus on? Feeling way off track.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Keep it simple, focus on things that need a feel to them. Try the battering ram feeling so that you have a goal of smashing through something even if it's an invisible wall, and that it happens by releasing the object out from you with an anchored body braced up.