Old 01-11-2017, 12:38 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Form critique

Hey guys. Stopped by a park and finally filmed a few throws and could use some advice. I can already see I'm going way faster through the throw than I realized, and my left arm doesn't look ideal among other things. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

All of these throws were flat, straight, and low to the ground with the blue judge going somewhere in the 250-260 range and fading straight. The red emac truth somewhere around 270-280 with a slight fade at the end but also mainly low and straight. Estimates based on google maps.
Judge 1:

Judge 2:

Emac Truth 1:

Emac Truth 2:

Emac Truth 3:

I'll get some footage of throwing drivers sometime soon and post a new thread but for now this is all I have. Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Thropp; 01-11-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:46 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 3
Niced 68 Times in 44 Posts

I see your limiting factors as improper weightshift, reachback, and you are rounding a little. Need to get that elbow forward through the hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2017, 04:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 185
Niced 625 Times in 464 Posts

Your weight is late - coming through after your swing, you need to wait for your weight to shift forward, then swing. You also turn yourself too backward in the x-step and extend your rear knee flat footed from heel trying to push yourself forward, instead of leveraging forward from your instep.

See how your heels are opposite of McBeth and Schusterick below and you have already started swinging your arm forward well before your front heel lands(weight forward) and your rear heel is still on the ground(weight back).

Old 02-13-2017, 12:43 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Appreciate the notes and video links lot.

Today I did some field work and decided to throw mainly understable discs to not mask flaws. I was consistently getting my my buzzes, emac truth, stingray & warrant out to 300 with some warrant and stingray action as far as ~325 on hyzer flips based on google maps. At first it was smooth then broke down, trying to throw too hard and just muscling discs out to less distance. I remembered to go slow and focus on timing. Felt like that helped me focus on pulling through after the plant foot. Also worked on reaching further out from my body.

For fairways I was just throwing my two GL rivers, both of which were consistently hyzer-flipping out to 350. From what I felt in field work I need to focus on absolutely not tipping forward ever again, and definitely getting my heel down. A couple throws today put nontypical strain on my plant leg's knee and from what I've read spinning on my heel should fix that. Some throws I felt I was spinning my hips more than shifting them forward.

Based on this throw do I pretty much still need to focus on the same things as previously mentioned by you guys? Again much appreciated.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 185
Niced 625 Times in 464 Posts

You need to lead your stride more with your hips/weight, not your unweighted foot.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:59 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

After trying that it made perfect sense, thanks a lot.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:07 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26
Niced 46 Times in 38 Posts

i threw a round yesterday where i intentionally focused on the Hogan butt wipe power move from the tee- = immediate improvement in snap and distance- great tips! I learn a lot by reading other peoples stuff- maybe someday i will be brave enough to post my own videos ")