Old 09-20-2017, 06:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 135 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniger View Post
Since ZJ is being lazy and only posting to Reddit...

Spicy and secksee! Most of us don't throw tie dye, but these are beautiful looking. As a dyer, I appreciate the craftsmanship. Might grab a wall hanger or a "purdy" disc for some open courses where you won't chance losing spotting.
haha thanks.

I can only post so many places at once. Reddit is a lot easier to quickly post a picture on mobile than here.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-20-2017, 08:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Take our survey on the flight of the second run. Enter for a chance to win a free Alpha

https://goo.gl/forms/tbvPuBwJ3bSKHXjU2

Niced: (2)
Old 09-21-2017, 09:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 49
Niced 277 Times in 192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
haha thanks.

I can only post so many places at once. Reddit is a lot easier to quickly post a picture on mobile than here.
I'm glad to pimp the smaller companies any chance I can, I just have to give you crap too.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:47 AM
Par Member

Niced 20 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by august dupree View Post
I've got similar power level (or a bit less) and relatively clean throwing form. Your going to LOVE it at 300-350 feet. It is not power hungry at all in my experience. I was pleasantly surprised at just how straight up stable (not overstable) the disc is even at moderate power levels.

I agree with your colors and weights and have the same setup. The sublime has a bit more late bite to the finish and they make a great pairing. The light blue eternal handles everything straight and the sublime handles shots I want to hook up more and hyzers that push forward. I've added a first run orange Eternal and a candy pink second run eternal for FHs and overstsble BHs and headwinds.
What I'd really like is something workable, like my fd but with more distance potential, so workhorse driver.
I'm also intrigued by the idea of a better thunderbird/teebird, for stable/os and headwind duty.

Will the two light blues fit there?
Old 09-21-2017, 01:31 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 15
Niced 24 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxebrew View Post
What I'd really like is something workable, like my fd but with more distance potential, so workhorse driver.
I'm also intrigued by the idea of a better thunderbird/teebird, for stable/os and headwind duty.

That's a little tricky because the FD is a sneaky long disc for a 7 speed. I'm not sure you'd get that much more distance out of the light blue Alphas beyond being a more stable compliment to the FD that you could throw a bit harder without fear of excessive turn.

Personally, I would recommend a Discmania TD for a step up in workable distance. It handles power very well yet has a rim that's not much larger than an FD.

Old 09-21-2017, 01:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:

I'd try one of the Eternal colors especially pearly Green or Pink. The flatter dome give these a little more speed out of the hand while making it more workable. I can flip mine up and trust it to ride out.

While we embrace the variety of our discs I understand it can make it hard to find just the right one for your style. I just played this morning and used mainly my Purple Apex for more turn, Pearly Green as the go-to driver, and Candy Pink as overstable one. Pretty much didn't need anything other than a super flippy driver. The Alpha can handle most of the fairway/control slots outside of naturally understable.

Old 09-21-2017, 01:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 83
Niced 308 Times in 207 Posts

I think so yes. It will be interesting to see the results of the Mint survey asking for player feedback amongst the various colors.

I have my light blue Eternal at - 1/1 (FD with a higher torque resistance) and my light blue sublime at - 0.5/2 (Teebird/Eagle/Thunderbird)

Although the Eternal has some turn, it's a controlled turn. If I try to really mash on it and try and stretch the distance of it and accidentally get over on it, it turns but never flips. Think of it as an FD with a higher power threshold and slightly less glide. It has more distance potential I think because it relies more on velocity to achieve its full flight while still maintaining its ability to power down and behave predictably.

That's been my experience anyways. Others may feel differently the FD is certainly a good disc. I prefer the full feeling in the hand of the Alpha and traditional concave wing shape. The versatility to cover everything from JLS to PD lines is what really sets it apart in my book. I love the flat profile of the second runs too and although it has supposedly made them slightly less stable than the first runs, I have no complaints! Looking forward to seeing how the candy pink Eternal stacks up as the OS bookend. Come on Mr. Postman!

Old 09-21-2017, 02:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by august dupree View Post
I think so yes. It will be interesting to see the results of the Mint survey asking for player feedback amongst the various colors.

I have my light blue Eternal at - 1/1 (FD with a higher torque resistance) and my light blue sublime at - 0.5/2 (Teebird/Eagle/Thunderbird)

Although the Eternal has some turn, it's a controlled turn. If I try to really mash on it and try and stretch the distance of it and accidentally get over on it, it turns but never flips. Think of it as an FD with a higher power threshold and slightly less glide. It has more distance potential I think because it relies more on velocity to achieve its full flight while still maintaining its ability to power down and behave predictably.

That's been my experience anyways. Others may feel differently the FD is certainly a good disc. I prefer the full feeling in the hand of the Alpha and traditional concave wing shape. The versatility to cover everything from JLS to PD lines is what really sets it apart in my book. I love the flat profile of the second runs too and although it has supposedly made them slightly less stable than the first runs, I have no complaints! Looking forward to seeing how the candy pink Eternal stacks up as the OS bookend. Come on Mr. Postman!
Yeah there really isn't a bad Alpha as long as you mentally embrace that it can fill nearly every fairway/control slot outside of the pure understable and pure overstable. For every shot between that, we have an Alpha that can cover it backhand or forehand.

That survey will be a big thing going forward. Similar to what Vibram used to do with its early tester program. While I know I will get some skewed results, the overall responses are lining up with our findings for the most part. I'll be posting most of that data for everyone to see in addition to our final ratings for each color. The goal is to have the base rating for each disc and then put out these color ratings after a month or so on the market. It is a lot of detail and extra work but I think people want to know it, I know I did before I got into the industry.

Old 09-21-2017, 02:11 PM
Par Member

Niced 20 Times in 18 Posts

So how would the pearly green or pink externals compare with the light blue eternal and sublime?

Old 09-21-2017, 02:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
So how would the pearly green or pink externals compare with the light blue eternal and sublime?
The pearly green and pink are pretty much the same as the light blue in flight. They came out consistent across the board, more than the other plastics.

The light blue sublime is flatter, with a higher nose but the lighter weights make it more workable. The fade kicks in harder on it at the end because of the higher nose. It is great for shots that you need to push forward easier and then check up, rather than overpowering something really overstable. Very unique flight for a fairway.