#171  
Old 07-07-2017, 11:57 AM
JTdisc JTdisc is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central NY
Courses Played: 6
Posts: 765
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atison View Post
I also bag a suspect which for me is like a tweener disc between my mids and throwing putters since sometimes my truth/verdicts can run long in certain situations.
Suspects are an amazing approach disc and compliment to the Verdict/Truth combo. One of my favorite discs.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 07-07-2017, 12:01 PM
jmdaire27's Avatar
jmdaire27 jmdaire27 is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Duluth
Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 790
Niced 282 Times in 177 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric40817 View Post
I bag both an Escape and Convict. My fairways are either a Patriot, Underworld, or Leopard3 depending on what I feel like throwing or the course, an Eagle, and a XXX. thats the general set up anyway. From what Im gathering on truths and how they compare, I could either bag a rounded out fairway category and just a few mids, or add the Truth(s), and bag more mids and just bag a couple staple fairways.
Truthfully, I throw faster fairways (Felon/Undertaker) now because I bag the truth/Verdict combo. That and I throw the envy for my throwing Putter. So.. I had to speed up mids and fairways!

The comfort in throwing these and stability make them reliable far flying mids, but fairways should still fly further (as long as they're faster than a gazelle or slower fairways).
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 07-07-2017, 01:47 PM
eric40817's Avatar
eric40817 eric40817 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: MA
Courses Played: 12
Posts: 1,984
Niced 101 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
Truthfully, I throw faster fairways (Felon/Undertaker) now because I bag the truth/Verdict combo. That and I throw the envy for my throwing Putter. So.. I had to speed up mids and fairways!

The comfort in throwing these and stability make them reliable far flying mids, but fairways should still fly further (as long as they're faster than a gazelle or slower fairways).
I throw the Pure for my throwing putter which bombs so I get that. I feel like by bagging a truth/verdict duo, one would have to bag another mid mold or two for the slower mids that arent as far as the faster ones, but farther than putters. Is that where people are throwing suspects? Or could I effectively bookend a truths and verdicts with a claymore or two, and a justice?
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 07-07-2017, 01:53 PM
JTdisc JTdisc is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central NY
Courses Played: 6
Posts: 765
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric40817 View Post
I throw the Pure for my throwing putter which bombs so I get that. I feel like by bagging a truth/verdict duo, one would have to bag another mid mold or two for the slower mids that arent as far as the faster ones, but farther than putters. Is that where people are throwing suspects? Or could I effectively bookend a truths and verdicts with a claymore or two, and a justice?
I think the Suspect and your Pure would cover that shorter shot.

Also, personally, I don't like throwing mids too hard and the Truth can power down a bit if needed.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 07-07-2017, 02:19 PM
slowplastic slowplastic is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 6,233
Niced 2,566 Times in 1,636 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric40817 View Post
I throw the Pure for my throwing putter which bombs so I get that. I feel like by bagging a truth/verdict duo, one would have to bag another mid mold or two for the slower mids that arent as far as the faster ones, but farther than putters. Is that where people are throwing suspects? Or could I effectively bookend a truths and verdicts with a claymore or two, and a justice?
Suspect powers/ranges down way better than I expected. I typically never throw a mid on under 250' shots, and like to use them more in the 270-330' range...but the Suspect I'd have no problem throwing in the 200' range from my few throws with one. Holds lines nicely.

Justice is crazy beef, will fade and dump to the ground out of your hand. It needs to be thrown hard and will still go shorter than your mids and maybe putters.

Claymore is still long and very glidey. I haven't thrown a Truth/Claymore side by side but I think they are really similar in glide/distance.

If you want to go a more normal mid distance with good line holding then Compass could be the option. I feel like the Compass can be powered on a low line ok (but less distance than Truths), but also thrown high like a traditional mid...where I don't like that type of line on a Truth/Claymore type of disc.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 07-07-2017, 02:35 PM
jmdaire27's Avatar
jmdaire27 jmdaire27 is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Duluth
Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 790
Niced 282 Times in 177 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric40817 View Post
I throw the Pure for my throwing putter which bombs so I get that. I feel like by bagging a truth/verdict duo, one would have to bag another mid mold or two for the slower mids that arent as far as the faster ones, but farther than putters. Is that where people are throwing suspects? Or could I effectively bookend a truths and verdicts with a claymore or two, and a justice?
I've yet to encounter a scenario where the gap between my envy and truth leave me unsure of what to throw.

Both molds (Truth and envy (not meaning to talk up the envy)) range so well. I think the suspect would do well in the envy spot, though!

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 07-07-2017, 03:18 PM
eric40817's Avatar
eric40817 eric40817 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: MA
Courses Played: 12
Posts: 1,984
Niced 101 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Suspect powers/ranges down way better than I expected. I typically never throw a mid on under 250' shots, and like to use them more in the 270-330' range...but the Suspect I'd have no problem throwing in the 200' range from my few throws with one. Holds lines nicely.

Justice is crazy beef, will fade and dump to the ground out of your hand. It needs to be thrown hard and will still go shorter than your mids and maybe putters.

Claymore is still long and very glidey. I haven't thrown a Truth/Claymore side by side but I think they are really similar in glide/distance.

If you want to go a more normal mid distance with good line holding then Compass could be the option. I feel like the Compass can be powered on a low line ok (but less distance than Truths), but also thrown high like a traditional mid...where I don't like that type of line on a Truth/Claymore type of disc.
The Justice is a freak and I love every bit of it. Mine gets used more and more it seems. I think I need to throw my Truth against one of my fresh Claymores to see how they compare before moving forward on any possible changes to my bag.

I forgot about the Compass though. I had one but traded it off a while back.
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 07-07-2017, 03:48 PM
slowplastic slowplastic is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 6,233
Niced 2,566 Times in 1,636 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric40817 View Post
I think I need to throw my Truth against one of my fresh Claymores to see how they compare before moving forward on any possible changes to my bag.
Just to be clear I think the regular Truth and Claymore are close. I haven't thrown an Emac enough to compare. Claymores aren't super HSS but are very glidey.
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 08-15-2017, 08:57 AM
k2Keith k2Keith is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Courses Played: 14
Posts: 364
Niced 108 Times in 59 Posts
Default

I'm struggling a bit with the eMac Truth.

I am bagging 2 eMac Lucid Truths currently.

One is beat and has a beautiful sweeping HS turn (it was used when i got it).

I also purchased new a eMac luCid Truth 179 thinking it would be straighter.

It is straighter, but it is not straight, it still exhibits quite a substantial HS turn.

I also have a Westside Warship and the Warship has less HS turn than the eMac Truth.

The Truth does have more LS fade than the Warship.

I know form comes into this a lot

But I am struggling to understand Why the eMac Truth would be less HSS than a Warship.

Did I just get a unusual eMac Truth?
Reply With Quote
 

  #180  
Old 08-15-2017, 09:48 AM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,000
Niced 799 Times in 545 Posts
Default

I think so. I recently got an EMac after a year or so of thinking my old Truth was an EMac and it was not. The two are very different. My EMac has not turned on me ever. Then again, if throwing into a wind, I generally grab my Verdict.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More Fade than an EMAC Truth? TripleB Discs 71 10-16-2018 08:16 PM
DD enforcer, truth, eMac truth, convict, escape, felon Ricksastar The Marketplace 9 01-26-2018 09:22 PM
EMAC Truth Replacement will1442 Discs 28 01-03-2018 11:29 AM
Buzzz OS vs Emac Truth Spike Hyzer Discs 7 10-14-2016 08:43 PM
Compass vs. EMac Truth PMantle Discs 6 06-06-2016 06:17 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.