Old 10-29-2013, 04:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 218 Times in 94 Posts
Default No seasoning required

Just got this bad boy in the mail from lion:

First impression: This thing is going to be a huge hit with lower powered players (coughmecough) and lefties who struggle with righty-friendly holes (coughalsomecough).

Out of the box, this thing was flipping flat to turnover, which is something I have not been able to do to any disc without some seasoning on it. It's even easier to do it with than my worn Fury, which is already a little flippy to start.

Thrown flat with less power, it just tracks gently left before settling back toward the middle, which will make it really nice for straight shots and standstills. I didn't give it a full power rip yet because I think it'll need more room than the corridor between houses where I was throwing it, and I didn't want to lose it.

I will say this, though: It's not gonna like wind. Even a mild breeze was making this thing burn without enough height.

But, I am pumped to get this out to the course and really work some lines with it. It was effortless to throw, and that makes it an instant winner in my book. I think the Pinnacle version will be even better.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Hoping my orange bandit arrives tomorrow as well. Excited to try this thing out
Old 10-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 10
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
Bandit is faster. Lat64 speed numbers are not comparable to Innova or Legacy. The Fury and Escape are more in line with speed 7/8 models in my mind.

The closest disc to the Bandit is a seasoned Valkyrie.
I've been getting in some good throws with my 2 champ valks. This thing sounds like a winner, but I think I'll wait for the pinnacle plastic runs. I love my pinnacle rival, which set up 2 birdies last round.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 37
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOnBase View Post
My wife is going to kill me when these come out in Pinnacle plastic
yep, same here She keeps seeing my stack of Pinnacle 1st Run Rivals growing and she just keep shaking her head lol. She did say they were the prettiest discs that I own....so I have that going
Old 10-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 20 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Just got this bad boy in the mail from lion:

First impression: This thing is going to be a huge hit with lower powered players (coughmecough) and lefties who struggle with righty-friendly holes (coughalsomecough).

Out of the box, this thing was flipping flat to turnover, which is something I have not been able to do to any disc without some seasoning on it. It's even easier to do it with than my worn Fury, which is already a little flippy to start.

Thrown flat with less power, it just tracks gently left before settling back toward the middle, which will make it really nice for straight shots and standstills. I didn't give it a full power rip yet because I think it'll need more room than the corridor between houses where I was throwing it, and I didn't want to lose it.

I will say this, though: It's not gonna like wind. Even a mild breeze was making this thing burn without enough height.

But, I am pumped to get this out to the course and really work some lines with it. It was effortless to throw, and that makes it an instant winner in my book. I think the Pinnacle version will be even better.
Nice evaluation. What weight did you get??
Old 10-30-2013, 12:24 AM
* Ace Member *

^^165 grams.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:49 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got a 173 black w red foil stamp from Lion and took it out for a spin...the above review is pretty solid. I find it extremely comfy in the hand, great for 80% shots, and frankly just really cool to look at. If a pinnacle could come out just a half tick more HSS and LSS, it would be an improvement. Yes, new arms will drool over this disc. They (legacy) simply don't need a driver less stable than this IMO. Love legacy , but that would be a wasted mold.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 28
Niced 225 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleasethrowplastic View Post
Got a 173 black w red foil stamp from Lion and took it out for a spin...the above review is pretty solid. I find it extremely comfy in the hand, great for 80% shots, and frankly just really cool to look at. If a pinnacle could come out just a half tick more HSS and LSS, it would be an improvement. Yes, new arms will drool over this disc. They (legacy) simply don't need a driver less stable than this IMO. Love legacy , but that would be a wasted mold.
I am expecting the discs to turnover differently. The Bandit is designed for hyzer flipping where I imagine the Mongoose is definitely going to be ideal for flat turnovers. Ever mold will turnover/flip at different points in the flight.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
I am expecting the discs to turnover differently. The Bandit is designed for hyzer flipping where I imagine the Mongoose is definitely going to be ideal for flat turnovers. Ever mold will turnover/flip at different points in the flight.
Is the Mongoose set to be a bit faster than the Bandit as well? I am thinking they are going Mamba competitor, hence the Mongoose name. Sorta like the Rival/Teebird thing, but more attacking animal style. Hopefully just not as flippy as a Mamba.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 59
Niced 135 Times in 78 Posts

If its less stable than a Fury, it sounds like a slower speed Mamba or TD2 or perhaps as flippy as the Underworld. Hopefully pinnacle Bandits or some plastic of Mongooses are more HSS than opto Furies.