Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Tournaments & Leagues > TD's Corner

View Poll Results: Best option for am payouts?
Get rid of random tournament stamped discs on hand 0 0%
Start an inventory of stock discs 2 7.69%
Fund raiser discs with commemorative stamp 1 3.85%
On site vendor 13 50.00%
Online Vendor 10 38.46%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2017, 04:59 PM
Independent Operator*

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 419
Niced 155 Times in 75 Posts

Innova does not require you to place a custom order to get player packages. That is just one option.

Presented by Innova events can choose one of two complete player packages for either $15.00 or $25.00.

Details about full player pack packages here:

https://www.innovadiscs.com/wp-conte...packs_2016.pdf

Details about Custom Stamped discs here:

https://www.innovadiscs.com/disc-gol.../event-custom/
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-05-2017, 10:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

most of the manufacturers have various levels of sponsorship options.

DD now has when you get custom discs...a $10ea option to get a hat/towel/key chain and sharpie for each custom disc purchased.

DUDE also has a couple various sponsor options as well

I know Legacy, DD, Gateway and Innova will also custom tailor a tournament sponsor package to fit a specific budget.

=======

in a recent poll on a local fb group.....we had a guy start a $20 dollar 1 rd c tier series...and the players voted to forgo payout to have a disc with entry. If a field has 5 or more...an extra disc for first place will be offers...if 10....first and second..etc...

any of the poll options could be used effectively for the player pack. problem at hand is....access to capital for upfront investment vs. using club stock if available vs. vendor/voucher....i feel there really isn't a perfect solution

Niced: (1)
Old 09-18-2017, 08:30 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 8 Times in 8 Posts

The best option I've encountered has been an on-site vendor who also has a local shop in our area. The winnings were distributed via store credit certificates so those who cashed had the option of selecting from the inventory set up a the tournament, or using some other time at the local shop.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 55 Times in 49 Posts

I said Online Vendor but try to find a local vendor that has an online site, hard to do when if even then they only ship in the State/Provence they are in or worse are only local, can purchase online but have to then pick up in store, and is not a bigger chain like say Scheel's or Sports Authority. This besides the Trophy that is more then the small guy throwing what looks more like an Ultimate Disc then a Disc golf disc, or more then a medal with just the name of the tournament on back. Use a Min basket for the winner, the ones from DGA work the best, the top number part is blank.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 10-01-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 177
Niced 104 Times in 70 Posts

I responded from the perspective of a TD. using the online vendor is best; however, YOU MUST post that on the flyer and all of the tourney ads.

I might have a different answer if the poll was posed as "which is best" from the players perspective.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 79
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 12 Times in 11 Posts

I used an online vender. Biggest thing is finding the one that will give the best selection. Most of the ones i talked to gave us a 15% of the Total spent back. Only down fall to doing the online vending was the hour or so of me making a list with all the emails addresses for the players. It did slow check in a little having everyone double check the emails.

I have personally talked to about half the people that placed at my event and enjoyed the Discgolfcenter payouts better then stock on hand at a tournement. If I remember right i could have gotten a better deal at another location but you also have to remember ease of use and not everyone throws what you like so limiting to some sites will not have the players happy

Old 10-28-2017, 02:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 70
Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts

What I did in that situation was make a deal with a local brick and mortar vendor. Basically I paid the vendor the entire payout, and gave him a list of everyone that was paid out, and how much each one was paid. Then I gave each of the paid out players a voucher. Usually you can find a vendor willing to do this. They get a bunch of sales and get people in their store. I also got them to throw in a few ctp prizes, so it gave us some other stuff to put in. I had to list them as a sponsor, but that wasn't really an issue.