Old 04-04-2018, 07:28 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 14 Times in 6 Posts

We have a site in Australia to review courses too and it allows only whole numbers out of 5. So creating differentiation is so hard.

Any top notch 18 I have to give a 5,and no 9s deserve a 4 even, so left giving them a 3, despite some being way better then others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsbranch250 View Post
I've also noticed that my personal course rating's bar has creep up over time. The first course I ever reviewed started out at a 4.0 but within months I lowered it to a 3.5. When I played it this last summer I dropped it to a 2.5.

As for courses without multi-play holes, I'd agree, its just not the same to me. Currently my highest rated par 54 is at 3.838 - Cliff Stevens. Every course in my current top 10 has several par 4s and most have a par 5. That stated, I'm fairly certain that if I ever had the opportunity to play an all par 3 course like Bucksnort, I'd rate it at least a 4.5. That one just looks so awesome, in so many other ways.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2018, 10:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 58
Niced 89 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate22 View Post
We have a site in Australia to review courses too and it allows only whole numbers out of 5. So creating differentiation is so hard.

Any top notch 18 I have to give a 5,and no 9s deserve a 4 even, so left giving them a 3, despite some being way better then others.
Seems you are pretty much dependent on the reviewers to specify the their opinion. On this site, their have been a number of reviews with the title "Really a 4.25 or 4.75". It's cool that the site exists for you guys.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:59 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 27 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by air show View Post
I have played the Selah and Trey Ranch disc golf courses twice now with one year between each visit. After my first visit i had Selah Ranch as being superior in the rating I had made up in my head. But a year later last thanksgiving was my second visit and i have come away thinking the course I liked least, Trey Twist, has now become my favorite.
There is no Trey Twist!!! hahahaha! There's Trey Deuce and Texas Twist.

My group had a bad experience at the Trey Ranch. The Deuce course was swamped, so we walked off after 3 holes. Twist was navigable, but not overly enjoyable. Relevant to the recent discussions here, 55 degrees and windy and swampy made me not like those courses much. If it was dry and 70 and sunny, I bet I'd rate them a lot higher. But I don't see us ever passing up Lakeside and Creekside to give the Trey courses another shot.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 116
Niced 53 Times in 29 Posts

What's the world coming to... letting Hawk Hollow into the top 10 with cow paddies instead of concrete pads ?
This is an outrage. Someone call the amenity police, quick.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 379 Times in 272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorPutter View Post
There is no Trey Twist!!! hahahaha! There's Trey Deuce and Texas Twist.

My group had a bad experience at the Trey Ranch. The Deuce course was swamped, so we walked off after 3 holes. Twist was navigable, but not overly enjoyable. Relevant to the recent discussions here, 55 degrees and windy and swampy made me not like those courses much. If it was dry and 70 and sunny, I bet I'd rate them a lot higher. But I don't see us ever passing up Lakeside and Creekside to give the Trey courses another shot.
I almost had heat stroke on one of them. I was not in a good frame of mind to rate it. lol