Old 03-29-2020, 12:38 AM

Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default MVP/Axiom putter plastics

I’ve been putting with electron firm ions for a couple months and have decided that I don’t like the bead. I love the feel of the Proxy, but it’s not made in plastics other than plasma and neutron. Would neutron soft be a good plastic for my main putting putter?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2020, 12:53 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 188 Times in 113 Posts

I’ve played single disc rounds with a soft neutron Envy. While it wouldn’t be my first choice for a putter plastic, it does admirably well at sticking in the basket.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-29-2020, 12:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,043 Times in 2,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpatz11 View Post
I’ve been putting with electron firm ions for a couple months and have decided that I don’t like the bead. I love the feel of the Proxy, but it’s not made in plastics other than plasma and neutron. Would neutron soft be a good plastic for my main putting putter?
Soft N can be used as a putting putter but it can get slick when new, especially if its cold/rainy/snowy. You could try the Anode which is basically an Ion without the large bead. Also the Streamline Pilot is a good option. It has a small bead but nothing like the Ion has. Both of those come in the firm electron and are more neutral flights like the proxy. If you want something that has the fade of an Ion, the Axiom Envy and MVP Atom both come in electron but are pretty low profile discs and don't have the float of an Ion.

Niced: (3)
Old 03-29-2020, 10:07 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

What about a plasma proxy? It’s softer and grippier. I just wish they’d release it in electron! Haha
Old 03-29-2020, 10:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,317 Times in 570 Posts

Streamline Pilot.

Old 03-29-2020, 10:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpatz11 View Post
What about a plasma proxy? It’s softer and grippier. I just wish they’d release it in electron! Haha
One thing you can do, is take a proxy and hit it with a scotchbrite pad to take of the "new disc smell" and get some scratches in the surface. Then take some mud and work it into the surface like they do with baseballs. Repeat that a few times and it will help speed up the process to get to that tacky stage they eventually get to. I even do the mud trick to my electron putters.

Niced: (2)
Old 04-01-2020, 08:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 804 Times in 430 Posts

An anode is a beadless ion. If you like electron plastic, it's available in all the flavors. I throw ions, and putt (and throw)anodes. The anode is a dead straight neutral putter. Love them!

Last edited by jakebake91; 04-01-2020 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 804 Times in 430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Soft N can be used as a putting putter but it can get slick when new, especially if its cold/rainy/snowy. You could try the Anode which is basically an Ion without the large bead. Also the Streamline Pilot is a good option. It has a small bead but nothing like the Ion has. Both of those come in the firm electron and are more neutral flights like the proxy. If you want something that has the fade of an Ion, the Axiom Envy and MVP Atom both come in electron but are pretty low profile discs and don't have the float of an Ion.
Do new ions have bigger beads than older ones? I have a pretty old proton, and an IDK how old (but fresh) plasma, and the bead is hardly noticable. Maybe it's just the way I grip putters? I can hardly notice the difference between my beaded ions and beadless anodes.

Should I be worried??? Does my squid finger affliction affect my ability to feel also????
Old 04-01-2020, 09:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Do new ions have bigger beads than older ones? I have a pretty old proton, and an IDK how old (but fresh) plasma, and the bead is hardly noticable. Maybe it's just the way I grip putters? I can hardly notice the difference between my beaded ions and beadless anodes.

Should I be worried??? Does my squid finger affliction affect my ability to feel also????
The only Ions I've ever had was were electron. I held a proton one probably around 2013 at the local shop but I didn't like the rounded inner rim with my throwing grip. I gave them electrons a brief run as a putting putter but I don't really know about older Ions.

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 04-01-2020 at 09:41 PM.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 303
Niced 2,295 Times in 1,308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post

some old brotons had a small bead

think sb aviar (your old broton ion) vs bb aviar (regular/new ions)

plaz should have the regular/new as well as electron