#1  
Old 03-29-2020, 12:38 AM
tpatz11 tpatz11 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default MVP/Axiom putter plastics

I’ve been putting with electron firm ions for a couple months and have decided that I don’t like the bead. I love the feel of the Proxy, but it’s not made in plastics other than plasma and neutron. Would neutron soft be a good plastic for my main putting putter?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-29-2020, 12:53 AM
ray1970's Avatar
ray1970 ray1970 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Denver
Posts: 342
Niced 188 Times in 113 Posts
Default

I’ve played single disc rounds with a soft neutron Envy. While it wouldn’t be my first choice for a putter plastic, it does admirably well at sticking in the basket.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-29-2020, 12:53 AM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,878
Niced 5,043 Times in 2,630 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpatz11 View Post
I’ve been putting with electron firm ions for a couple months and have decided that I don’t like the bead. I love the feel of the Proxy, but it’s not made in plastics other than plasma and neutron. Would neutron soft be a good plastic for my main putting putter?
Soft N can be used as a putting putter but it can get slick when new, especially if its cold/rainy/snowy. You could try the Anode which is basically an Ion without the large bead. Also the Streamline Pilot is a good option. It has a small bead but nothing like the Ion has. Both of those come in the firm electron and are more neutral flights like the proxy. If you want something that has the fade of an Ion, the Axiom Envy and MVP Atom both come in electron but are pretty low profile discs and don't have the float of an Ion.

Niced: (3)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-29-2020, 10:07 AM
tpatz11 tpatz11 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

What about a plasma proxy? It’s softer and grippier. I just wish they’d release it in electron! Haha
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-29-2020, 10:28 AM
Broken Shoulder's Avatar
Broken Shoulder Broken Shoulder is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 3,656
Niced 1,317 Times in 570 Posts
Default

Streamline Pilot.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-29-2020, 10:39 AM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,878
Niced 5,043 Times in 2,630 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpatz11 View Post
What about a plasma proxy? It’s softer and grippier. I just wish they’d release it in electron! Haha
One thing you can do, is take a proxy and hit it with a scotchbrite pad to take of the "new disc smell" and get some scratches in the surface. Then take some mud and work it into the surface like they do with baseballs. Repeat that a few times and it will help speed up the process to get to that tacky stage they eventually get to. I even do the mud trick to my electron putters.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-01-2020, 08:09 PM
jakebake91 jakebake91 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,272
Niced 804 Times in 430 Posts
Default

An anode is a beadless ion. If you like electron plastic, it's available in all the flavors. I throw ions, and putt (and throw)anodes. The anode is a dead straight neutral putter. Love them!

Niced: (1)

Last edited by jakebake91; 04-01-2020 at 08:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-01-2020, 09:15 PM
jakebake91 jakebake91 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,272
Niced 804 Times in 430 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Soft N can be used as a putting putter but it can get slick when new, especially if its cold/rainy/snowy. You could try the Anode which is basically an Ion without the large bead. Also the Streamline Pilot is a good option. It has a small bead but nothing like the Ion has. Both of those come in the firm electron and are more neutral flights like the proxy. If you want something that has the fade of an Ion, the Axiom Envy and MVP Atom both come in electron but are pretty low profile discs and don't have the float of an Ion.
Do new ions have bigger beads than older ones? I have a pretty old proton, and an IDK how old (but fresh) plasma, and the bead is hardly noticable. Maybe it's just the way I grip putters? I can hardly notice the difference between my beaded ions and beadless anodes.

Should I be worried??? Does my squid finger affliction affect my ability to feel also????
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-01-2020, 09:38 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,878
Niced 5,043 Times in 2,630 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Do new ions have bigger beads than older ones? I have a pretty old proton, and an IDK how old (but fresh) plasma, and the bead is hardly noticable. Maybe it's just the way I grip putters? I can hardly notice the difference between my beaded ions and beadless anodes.

Should I be worried??? Does my squid finger affliction affect my ability to feel also????
The only Ions I've ever had was were electron. I held a proton one probably around 2013 at the local shop but I didn't like the rounded inner rim with my throwing grip. I gave them electrons a brief run as a putting putter but I don't really know about older Ions.

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 04-01-2020 at 09:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 04-02-2020, 09:20 AM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 303
Posts: 8,857
Niced 2,295 Times in 1,308 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Do new ions have bigger beads than older ones? I have a pretty old proton, and an IDK how old (but fresh) plasma, and the bead is hardly noticable. Maybe it's just the way I grip putters? I can hardly notice the difference between my beaded ions and beadless anodes.

Should I be worried??? Does my squid finger affliction affect my ability to feel also????
some old brotons had a small bead

think sb aviar (your old broton ion) vs bb aviar (regular/new ions)

plaz should have the regular/new as well as electron

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MVP/Axiom Thumber and Windy Day Putter DiscologyGus Discs 21 04-18-2017 12:46 AM
Axiom / mvp Putters - one putter to do it all mentos Discs 43 03-10-2017 03:23 PM
Favorite MVP/Axiom Putter? aajpity Discs 57 02-21-2015 01:35 PM
MVP/Axiom Fairway Driver + Putter Revuh Discs 20 12-05-2014 10:03 AM
Purchasing an MVP Putter, what are the differences in the plastics? Saskatchewon Discs 23 08-31-2013 02:12 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.