Old 04-06-2020, 02:34 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 128 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthecourse View Post
But is MVP going to make it in all the plastics?

Soft Neutron Ohm.

Probably depends on sales. Only Envy and Proxy get the Soft Neutron treatment. Not sure this will but it would be nice. The Neutron on this run is not quite hard OG Neutron but not quite as soft as Soft Neutron. I would call it medium if there was such a thing. I would be curious to see how it is in Electron. Way too much glide for me for putts right now. I would have to adjust and change what I currently do because this disc is crazy glidey (not there is an actually way to measure what glide #s really mean).
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2020, 03:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 419 Times in 215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy View Post
Way too much glide for me for putts right now. I would have to adjust and change what I currently do because this disc is crazy glidey (not there is an actually way to measure what glide #s really mean).
Agreed. The second the Ohm goes hyzer, the glide kicks in and it coasts off to the side.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-06-2020, 03:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,041 Times in 2,630 Posts

Sounds like a great push putt disc. Aim it at the pole and let it glide itself in.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,030 Times in 702 Posts

Glidey up front, dumpy in the back.. Kind of the Mullet of discs..

Starting to rethink the 0 turn rating, I can thread about a 8' gap with a long S.. Stretches about the same as my beat electron soft Envy.. That's what I think I will pair it with for a while.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 798 Times in 428 Posts

Quote:
Probably depends on sales. Only Envy and Proxy get the Soft Neutron treatment. Not sure this will but it would be nice. The Neutron on this run is not quite hard OG Neutron but not quite as soft as Soft Neutron. I would call it medium if there was such a thing. I would be curious to see how it is in Electron. Way too much glide for me for putts right now. I would have to adjust and change what I currently do because this disc is crazy glidey (not there is an actually way to measure what glide #s really mean).
Particle had soft n also
Old 04-07-2020, 06:36 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Particle had soft n also
and so didn't the Ion. Unfortunately OOP in those plastics. Too bad since Soft Neutron is butter.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Hows everyone else doing with the ohm's? I'm getting it tuned in a bit better, I had to put the plasma Envy down for a week to try and tune it in. I've been playing it with a soft e Envy and my fly dye Z 167 Comet... I still can't get it to laser flat and dead straight but I'm threading the gaps. It will be interesting to see what happens as it breaks in. I feel like it's getting better already but I suspect I've been a little Torquay with my history of Envy's.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-15-2020, 08:09 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Hows everyone else doing with the ohm's? I'm getting it tuned in a bit better, I had to put the plasma Envy down for a week to try and tune it in. I've been playing it with a soft e Envy and my fly dye Z 167 Comet... I still can't get it to laser flat and dead straight but I'm threading the gaps. It will be interesting to see what happens as it breaks in. I feel like it's getting better already but I suspect I've been a little Torquay with my history of Envy's.
All the courses by me have been closed since the release but I have been out many times doing field work with. So it has only got a "field" beating so far, no tree hits or rough ground. It has been laser straight for me when thrown flat. Really it holds any angle all the way through its flight. It most reminds me of an early beat in Proton Anode. It also has a flight not much unlike the Nova. I can't wait to see what they do once beat in. It has definitely made the bag. Lots of putter changes this year.

Niced: (2)
Old 04-15-2020, 11:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
. I can't wait to see what they do once beat in. It has definitely made the bag. Lots of putter changes this year.
Yeah I'm pretty sure the Ohm's making the bag. Hard to give up a spot so easily to such a sloppy burger... Haha bugger... damn I love a sloppy burger the kind that runs down my arms... anyhow..

It's s**t the bed straight and consistently leaves me with s*** the bed putts. It's not a precision scalpel like the Comet at this time.. (calling Marm-O out...) I really REALLY want to know how it will break in. Of course MVP removed all the flashing, perfectly, and I can't bear to file it down.. Bag worthy, mildly goofy and sweet as all heck... amazing powered up approach disc.

It's fighting with a proton spin (fresh), a beat to sweet electron soft Envy and the 167 Comet... it doesn't do what any of them do, quite as well but it does everything really decent..but it hasn't required the beat down time either. Out of the box I like it better than the proxy and it could be a go to "stop gap" mold for me. I love "out of the box" I also throw the goofy 167g ish range and I think that makes them oddly more stable than 170+g

Niced: (2)

Old 04-16-2020, 10:58 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
I also throw the goofy 167g ish range and I think that makes them oddly more stable than 170+g
I have a 168 and a 174. I haven't noticed too much difference. They fly pretty similar and often land within 5 feet of each other. I prefer the high 160g range for many of my throwing putters. The only place the 174g shined better was in strong headwind. But even then, the 168g held up well. Can't wait to get it out on the course.