Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

View Poll Results: Which 2 (TWO) putters should I purchase???
Discraft Ringer 13 23.64%
Dynamic Discs Warden 27 49.09%
Innova Colt 16 29.09%
Innova Wedge 5 9.09%
Latitude 64 Pure 41 74.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2017, 08:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 143 Times in 78 Posts

Is Zero Medium the best plastic for the Latitude 64 Pure as a putter?

Unfortunately I lost my first disc today...my favorite disc...the Zero Medium Pure in 174g!

Luckily I had already ordered a Pure in the Opto plastic but I'm only planning to use it off the tee on short straight holes or when I need a perfectly straight shot from the fairway (although the Comet you all talked me into getting worked perfectly for that shot today!!!). I would like to get a 2nd Pure to use only for putts.

Thanks!

TripleB
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
I would like to get a 2nd Pure to use only for putts.

TripleB
Of course my buddy says I should stick with the Opto Pure for everything but putting and move to a Warden for putting...says he never misses with his Warden

TripleB
Old 10-09-2017, 10:16 PM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,247 Times in 986 Posts

Quote:
Is Zero Medium the best plastic for the Latitude 64 Pure as a putter?
TripleB
Quote:
Of course my buddy says I should stick with the Opto Pure for everything but putting and move to a Warden for putting...says he never misses with his Warden

TripleB
I personally prefer Zero Hard, which is the same as Classic and BT Hard. If Medium/Classic Blend is more to your liking, though, then that's the way you should go.

I love the Classic Warden, but if the Pure is putting well for you, get one in the level of firmness/softness that you like. The Pure is an awesome putting disc as well as throwing disc...

Niced: (1)
Old 10-09-2017, 10:58 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I personally prefer Zero Hard, which is the same as Classic and BT Hard. If Medium/Classic Blend is more to your liking, though, then that's the way you should go.

I love the Classic Warden, but if the Pure is putting well for you, get one in the level of firmness/softness that you like. The Pure is an awesome putting disc as well as throwing disc...
I've putted pretty well with the Pure but to be honest I'm a little nervous putting with it because of how well I know it glides. I don't really feel like I can be confident with an aggressive putt. Does the Warden offer a similar feel with less glide?

From the reviews I've read most people prefer the Warden in the Classic Blend. If I go with the Warden I'm thinking either the Classic Blend or the Classic Soft in a 175g/176g.

Thanks for the advice!!!

TripleB
Old 10-09-2017, 11:49 PM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,247 Times in 986 Posts

Quote:
I've putted pretty well with the Pure but to be honest I'm a little nervous putting with it because of how well I know it glides. I don't really feel like I can be confident with an aggressive putt. Does the Warden offer a similar feel with less glide?

From the reviews I've read most people prefer the Warden in the Classic Blend. If I go with the Warden I'm thinking either the Classic Blend or the Classic Soft in a 175g/176g.

Thanks for the advice!!!

TripleB
The Warden has a bit of glide, too. My Zero Hard Pure is flat on top, doesn't feel exactly like the Warden. As to the glide, practice will take care of a lot of issues, or else it will show you that you might want to try another putter mold.

It also does not matter what others like. If YOU like Classic Blend, go for it. If YOU like Classic (hard) or Classic Soft, go for it. I like firmer putters, such as Classic (hard), and that's just me. With putters, it's all about the individual choice.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 27
Niced 430 Times in 232 Posts

Quote:

Thanks for the advice!!!

TripleB
I have 3 Wardens, two in Lucid and a Classic Soft. The Lucid ones definitely have more glide. I haven't thrown the Classic Blend ones so I can't compare them.

Old 10-10-2017, 04:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 7
Niced 204 Times in 136 Posts

Axiom Icon
Old 10-13-2017, 02:58 PM

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I absolutely LOVE my colt xt for putting and approach. I really prefer the shallow rim. It seems like less of a transition from the rest of my bag which I feel is very important. Just my opinion...
Old 10-20-2017, 10:59 AM
Eagle Member

Just a quick follow up on the Pure: has anyone compared the Zero Mega Soft, Zero Soft, and Zero Medium plastics in the Pure?

I currently have an Opto Line Pure that I use for everything except putting. I had a Zero Medium (prior to the Opto) that I used for everything until I grip locked it and threw it into a muddy stream. I would like to get a second Pure just for putting and am trying to decide whether to go with the Zero Medium again or go a bit softer since it's only going to be used for putting.

Thanks for any input!!!

TripleB

Old 10-20-2017, 11:51 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 22 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Just a quick follow up on the Pure: has anyone compared the Zero Mega Soft, Zero Soft, and Zero Medium plastics in the Pure?

I currently have an Opto Line Pure that I use for everything except putting. I had a Zero Medium (prior to the Opto) that I used for everything until I grip locked it and threw it into a muddy stream. I would like to get a second Pure just for putting and am trying to decide whether to go with the Zero Medium again or go a bit softer since it's only going to be used for putting.

Thanks for any input!!!

TripleB
Do you push or spin putt?

I primarily push putt and prefer the Classic (same as Zero Hard) for my Wardens. The Classic stiffness pops off my fingers better during the push.

I also bag a Classic Blend (same as Zero Medium) for the occasional spin putt. The Classic Blend has more grip allowing for more spin and control. Also sits well after a miss!

The Soft is a little too "floppy" for my putting styles. Any quick upward arm motion during the putting stroke seems to cause a fluttery release...