Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

View Poll Results: Which 2 (TWO) putters should I purchase???
Discraft Ringer 13 23.64%
Dynamic Discs Warden 27 49.09%
Innova Colt 16 29.09%
Innova Wedge 5 9.09%
Latitude 64 Pure 41 74.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2017, 01:59 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 0.9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 126 Times in 65 Posts
Default Which 2 Putters?

After working with the Innova Aviar P/A for several days and numerous hours it seems like a putter I'll never have a ton of confidence in...although I know thousands of players love this putter so obviously it's me, not the disc.

I'm wanting to carry two putters, one for putts inside 35 feet or so and the other one for everything else.

I've narrowed it down to five because I like a thinner putter. Even though I've got somewhat larger hands, thinner disc seemed to be more comfortable, and controllable...at least so far (I'm a beginner to disc golf).

Of the five putters listed in the poll, which two putters would you advise me getting?

Thanks to everyone's incredible help and patience here I've go the rest of my steamlined and complete! You all are an amazing group of people and I appreciate all you have done to getting my disc golf life off on the right foot!!!

TripleB
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)

Last edited by TripleB; 09-23-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:07 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
... I've go the rest of my steamlined and complete!

Should have said...I've got the rest of my bag stream lined and complete! The only 5 minutes to edit kills me

TripleB

Old 09-23-2017, 02:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 15
Niced 40 Times in 32 Posts

Putters are personal. What I use, you may not like. There is no right answer here, and the community can not answer it for you.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:24 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 206
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 595 Times in 321 Posts

What about the Aviar don't you like?
Old 09-23-2017, 02:32 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
Putters are personal. What I use, you may not like. There is no right answer here, and the community can not answer it for you.
You are definitely correct...just like putters in club golf or racquets in tennis. I was hoping maybe someone could pick two that 'complement' each other as far as flight characteristics or playability. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
What about the Aviar don't you like?
It's mainly the feel of the putter in hand...just seems a little thick so when I'm getting ready to putt I'm thinking more about how I dislike the feel more than the putt. I think at this point it's all mental

TripleB
Old 09-23-2017, 02:33 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 99
Niced 31 Times in 18 Posts

Isn't the Warden a DD putter that's an Aviar clone? I know one is but can't remember which. To each their own but I think there's much better putting putters out there. I'm not a fan of the Wedge or Colt for putting. Great driving putters but I think you can find better to putt with. There's two main things that come with finding the right putter for you. Bead or no bead and depth. Maybe borrow some friends discs to try. A lot depends on putting style as well. If you find beaded putters to your liking there's the Wizard, Judge, Ion, P1X, Dagger. If no bead is your thing the Challenger, Roach, Aviar, Voodoo and Anode are good ones to try. Trilogy has some good ones too. All I can tell you is good luck in your search....
Old 09-23-2017, 02:39 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 206
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 595 Times in 321 Posts

I think you should visit a store, fondle every putter they have, and buy what you like. You're in a disc golf heavy area so you shouldn't have any trouble finding a large selection.

As for your list, most of those will be very similar to one another. Buy two of one mold on the list. I'd say the Pure. Pick up one in a base plastic blend with the flex you like and an Opto for drives and approaches.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 83
Niced 314 Times in 211 Posts

^^^what tbird888 said.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:45 PM
Par Member

Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Aviars are a lot like P2s and I used to putt with them so I understand what you're talking about. I putted with Judges/Wardens for a while before they got stolen and since I was switching my entire bag over to Discmania I decided to try their putters.

The P1x is amazing but I didn't like the plastic; one day at league somebody was selling stuff and I bought 3 new Judges, and a new Warden. I prefer putting with Judges because they don't feel as rounded in my hand but the Wardens are a bit more understable and are excellent putters!

Old 09-23-2017, 02:55 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 1
Niced 484 Times in 273 Posts

The Wedge feels nothing like a typical putter. It has a very small, thin rim, and is totally wrong (in my hands) for putting. It's basically a tweener mid/putter that is much better for driving and approaching.

Other than that, Tbird had the right idea. Go feel a bunch up at the store. And who knows, you might like how the Wedge feels, but I just wanted to give you an idea of my take on it.