Old 02-11-2020, 01:36 PM

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Doubles Odd-Man Ace Pot/CTP's

Hello,

I'm curious about what other clubs in the nation/world do regarding ace pot/CTP opportunities for the odd-man out during doubles. I know that typically the odd-man (clint, cali, han, etc.) gets one extra shot per hole. Which of these two options do you all typically see:

1) The odd-man can only win ace pot/CTP money with their 1st shot off the tee.

-or-

2) The odd-man is still eligible for ace pot/CTP money if they choose to use a second shot off the tee.

Thank you for your input.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2020, 01:45 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 216 Times in 96 Posts

3) Lone Wolf has the option of paying double the entry fee, then gets two shots from everywhere. If he hits an ace, regardless of which throw, he cashes.

In your scenario, I can only imagine the drama that would erupt if someone said, "Hey, that Player B shot doesn't count." So while I've never seen it happen and therefore can't really say for sure how it would be handled, my gut tells me the money belongs to he or she who aces the hole - period.

Put another way: if I were the TD/League Runner, I'd make sure it was understood as I have it here. It might be controversial, but as long as everyone knows going in...there can't be any bad blood. Similar to the Richard who told our card, "Just so you know, if I hit the ace, I DO NOT split that with my partner." It may have seemed like a jerky stance, but we all knew, so no surprises.

Spoiler: He did not ace. Not even close.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.9
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,147 Times in 694 Posts

Two throws per hole means Cali can use two drives for ace runs. Pretty standard.

CTP's are different. If you pay, you get one chance at CTP. Period. Cali's first throw is CTP throw, no bonus warmup throws.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-11-2020, 01:51 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 31
Courses Played: 702
Niced 1,896 Times in 841 Posts

If the Cali player wants their second drive to count for an ace, just have them pay double into the ace pool, $2 instead of $1, for example.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 131
Niced 826 Times in 372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crohn321 View Post
Hello,

I'm curious about what other clubs in the nation/world do regarding ace pot/CTP opportunities for the odd-man out during doubles. I know that typically the odd-man (clint, cali, han, etc.) gets one extra shot per hole. Which of these two options do you all typically see:

1) The odd-man can only win ace pot/CTP money with their 1st shot off the tee.

-or-

2) The odd-man is still eligible for ace pot/CTP money if they choose to use a second shot off the tee.

Thank you for your input.
I have seen it both ways and as long as everyone knows the rules before the Cali flip then its all good. In our league Cali usually has to pay a second entry fee if they win the Cali flip as people often want to be Cali. Being that they are usually paying double we allow the 2nd shot to count towards the Ace and CTPs.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,256 Times in 679 Posts

#2 at our weekly. In the 4 years I've been running our dubs, I've never seen anyone Ace with their second throw.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-11-2020, 03:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 109
Niced 227 Times in 126 Posts

It is cali's choice how they use their additional throw. If they parked on the 1st throw why not run an ace on the 2nd? Tha's how we do it locally. Cali can take 2 shots at an ace if they choose.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Why in the world would Cali get two CTP throws? So what if you have a partner or not? Everyone gets one CTP throw. Ace is different since some places split the pot. Had a guy get pissed at me when I told him his second throw didn't count for the $50 CTP. Once we discussed it, he calmed down and realized it wouldn't make sense for him to get two cracks at it when everyone else who paid got one.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 31
Niced 923 Times in 438 Posts

In the league I run, the Mulligan Man gets one extra shot per hole, or they can pay an additional entry fee for two shots from every spot. Aces and CTP on second shots still count and don't require an extra fee.

Niced: (2)

Old 02-11-2020, 09:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
In the league I run, the Mulligan Man gets one extra shot per hole, or they can pay an additional entry fee for two shots from every spot. Aces and CTP on second shots still count and don't require an extra fee.
Out of curiosity, why would mulligan get two CTP throws when everyone else only gets one? Is it customary to split CTP's with your partner? If not, you're screwing everyone else who only gets one throw. I'm seriously confused how that works.