Old 01-15-2019, 06:10 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 26.5
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 53 Times in 28 Posts
Default Raleigh, NC mid-March

Looks like I'm going to Raleigh, NC for several days for a conference in mid March. Not really a vacation but I won't let that stop me from bagging a couple courses. I'll be staying downtown, maybe have time to rent a car for a half-day, otherwise will be looking at close-in courses I can Uber or bus to, if they exist. Or better yet, anyone want to pick me up and show off your local track?

tl:dr Where should I play in Raleigh, staying downtown.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2019, 02:54 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 75
Niced 54 Times in 30 Posts

There are a number of great courses in Raleigh. I do not live there, but my daughter is a student at one of the colleges. I try to play The apex nature course, buckhorn, Jones Park, when time permits, when we go visit Her for a weekend. I’m not familiar enough with the town to suggest where you should stay. Maybe ask on FB. There are groups and clubs in there , with local experts. Enjoy! Wish I could offer more advice.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 32
Niced 358 Times in 224 Posts

The best course close to downtown Raleigh would be Cedar Hills. Nice wooded & technical course that's the oldest in Raleigh. Right off the belt-line.

The 'Raleigh Area' has a lot of good courses but you need to drive a half-hour in any direction from downtown. Zebulon, Buckhorn, Jones Park & Apex Nature are the best IMO.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-20-2019, 01:22 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
The best course close to downtown Raleigh would be Cedar Hills. Nice wooded & technical course that's the oldest in Raleigh. Right off the belt-line.

The 'Raleigh Area' has a lot of good courses but you need to drive a half-hour in any direction from downtown. Zebulon, Buckhorn, Jones Park & Apex Nature are the best IMO.
Thanks!

Niced: (1)
Old 02-11-2019, 09:07 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt B. View Post
Looks like I'm going to Raleigh, NC for several days for a conference in mid March. Not really a vacation but I won't let that stop me from bagging a couple courses. I'll be staying downtown, maybe have time to rent a car for a half-day, otherwise will be looking at close-in courses I can Uber or bus to, if they exist. Or better yet, anyone want to pick me up and show off your local track?

tl:dr Where should I play in Raleigh, staying downtown.
Looks like I have time to rent a car at the airport early on the day of my flight and get to a couple of courses in before I leave. I'm thinking of pairing Buckhorn with either Jones or Apex. Any thoughts on which? Alternative is to pair Zebulon with something near it, but time wise I might be better off starting at Buckhorn.

Thanks for any advice.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.7
Courses Played: 94
Niced 1,027 Times in 491 Posts

Buckhorn is the best I have played down there and markedly better than Zeb, I have a couple buddies who speak highly of Apex although I have not played it. i would go with those 2.

Niced: (2)