Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Tournaments & Leagues

Old 06-11-2019, 08:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,172 Times in 548 Posts

Her comments on rules stuff after GBO were also a bit odd, considering many other FPO Players make obvious foot faults/rules violations.

I don't recall her ever getting so worked up over other players.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2019, 09:03 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,157 Times in 1,587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerface View Post
CCDG killed it. There was some really awesome reaction shots and camera angles happening. I really like KJ and Ian on the mic as well.
Agreed. OUTSTANDING job by Ian & Co.

Niced: (3)
Old 06-11-2019, 09:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.4
Courses Played: 94
Niced 1,961 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
I have a hard time believing any touring players truly dislike each other,
believe it. (not referring to anyone spoken of in this thread)
Old 06-11-2019, 09:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 183
Niced 669 Times in 444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve West View Post
Hole performance charts. Up and right is good.

I wanna say West separated a bit better. I imagine it would be easy to compare courses for these NT or DGPT events. Have you done that? I thought Eagle's comment was interesting after Rd 2, saying he knew exactly what shot to throw for all West holes, not seeming as sure about East.

I was also thinking, isn't "higher" more important than "right?" Correlation with rating seems more valuable to me than just giving scoring separation.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-11-2019, 10:36 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 61
Niced 62 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post

I was also thinking, isn't "higher" more important than "right?" Correlation with rating seems more valuable to me than just giving scoring separation.

I feel the same way.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:39 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
believe it. (not referring to anyone spoken of in this thread)
Hell, there are folks on this board that hate touring pros and aren't even touring pros themselves.

BURN IN HELL, DUSTIN KEEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2019, 12:12 AM
Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 45.4
Courses Played: 364
Niced 1,674 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post
I wanna say West separated a bit better. I imagine it would be easy to compare courses for these NT or DGPT events. Have you done that? I thought Eagle's comment was interesting after Rd 2, saying he knew exactly what shot to throw for all West holes, not seeming as sure about East.

I can compare these two courses because the same players played both courses at essentially the same time for the same number of rounds in (I think) the same weather conditions. If any of those were not true, comparisons would get very tricky.

West had better scoring spread among these 970+ rated players at 19.57 vs. East’s 17.63. However, East had better correlation with ratings at -63% vs. West’s -58%.

I don’t have a final answer on which stat is more important. I don’t think of this as a way to crown the best holes. I’m just looking for the holes which may be safe to tamper with. Perhaps I should say “down and left is more in need of closer examination”.

For the purpose of targeting holes for potential improvement, a narrow scoring spread is more obviously in need of a fix. A hole isn’t doing its job if it gives everyone the same score.

A poor correlation could mean the hole relies too much on luck, but it also could mean that the hole is testing a skill which is not commonly tested (and therefore not reflected in the player ratings). That kind of hole can be quite valuable.

Both scoring spread and correlation can be overdone. A hole that gave out scores according a roll of a single die would generate a scoring spread of about 5.8 (less than 6 because it doesn’t give out exactly the same proportions of all six numbers). But, it would not tell us anything about who is playing well that day.

A hole that gave out scores only according to player ratings would have a correlation of about -89%, but if all holes did that, there would be a lot of ties. A bunch of players at the middle of the pack would all be tied at 54, for example. That would also not tell us anything about who in that pack is playing well that day.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:46 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 86 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Hell, there are folks on this board that hate touring pros and aren't even touring pros themselves.

BURN IN HELL, DUSTIN KEEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is the issue with Keegan?

Niced: (1)
Old 06-12-2019, 07:21 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 112
Niced 274 Times in 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
I have a hard time believing any touring players truly dislike each other, but I can certainly envision situations where tensions during a round can run high and players might snipe at one another. But after the round, everything cools down and everyone's okay with one another again.

Seems like fans and observers want everything to be personal when the players know and understand that it is rarely personal and forgive heat of the moment stuff quickly. We just don't get to see that part on video.
You think Uli and Hannum are buds? Believe Weese and C. Allen hang out? Think GG and Nikko share Airbnbs?

Old 06-12-2019, 07:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,612 Times in 1,504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSyl View Post
You think Uli and Hannum are buds? Believe Weese and C. Allen hang out? Think GG and Nikko share Airbnbs?
Buds? No. Bitter enemies? No.

I understand there's history among some of these players, especially related to romantic involvements. But I also think that for the most part, they're mature adults who have to work together on a regular basis. They're co-workers, after all. Just because they don't all go out after work and hang out together doesn't mean they don't get along at all.

I'm sure there are tensions and disagreements among them. I just think the drama that people want to exist is mostly a figment of their imaginations.