#21  
Old 02-17-2018, 10:21 AM
Streets's Avatar
Streets Streets is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,559
Niced 749 Times in 361 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdeforge View Post
https://youtu.be/To7LprnrNn8?t=1390

What do people think about Perkins' courtesy violation on Nikko?
Weaksauce from Perkins.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-17-2018, 03:13 PM
BrotherDave's Avatar
BrotherDave BrotherDave is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Catrina's, Pipestone, MN
Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 146
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 13,815
Niced 726 Times in 391 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdeforge View Post
https://youtu.be/To7LprnrNn8?t=1390

What do people think about Perkins' courtesy violation on Nikko?
Not enough "bros" and "dudes" uttered during the exchange.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-17-2018, 04:04 PM
Jimb's Avatar
Jimb Jimb is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: WV near Cumberland, MD
Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,393
Niced 66 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdeforge View Post
https://youtu.be/To7LprnrNn8?t=1390

What do people think about Perkins' courtesy violation on Nikko?
I'm a Nikko fan. I've liked him since I started watching dg. I like watching him play as he definitely plays different lines and shapes his shots differently than a lot of other players.

However, having seen his bad behavior before in person in addition to on video, I don't appreciate that aspect of his game. I cringe when something bad happens to a shot of his as I'm concerned about what could be next.

I think that the really sad thing about Perkins making the call was that it seemed to mess up his own game. Nikko seemed to continue on at about the same level, but Nate's game seemed to suffer. It would have to be a stressful situation. I think that making the call was the right thing to do, though.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-17-2018, 04:18 PM
Streets's Avatar
Streets Streets is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,559
Niced 749 Times in 361 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
I think that the really sad thing about Perkins making the call was that it seemed to mess up his own game. Nikko seemed to continue on at about the same level, but Nate's game seemed to suffer.
That’s what happens when you’re more worried about your competitors behavior than on your own game.

When I saw the actual violation, Perkins just comes off as a tattletale.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-17-2018, 04:33 PM
Jimb's Avatar
Jimb Jimb is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: WV near Cumberland, MD
Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,393
Niced 66 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
That’s what happens when you’re more worried about your competitors behavior than on your own game.

When I saw the actual violation, Perkins just comes off as a tattletale.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

If it had been the first/only incident in that round I could see letting it slide. But I believe I heard a few bleeps before that hole. IMO It really does have to stop somewhere... sooner rather than later preferably.

I also disagree with the tattletale asessment as Nate didnt go behind Nikko's back. He said it to his face.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Jimb; 02-17-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-17-2018, 09:01 PM
Streets's Avatar
Streets Streets is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,559
Niced 749 Times in 361 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
We'll have to agree to disagree.

If it had been the first/only incident in that round I could see letting it slide. But I believe I heard a few bleeps before that hole. IMO It really does have to stop somewhere... sooner rather than later preferably.

I also disagree with the tattletale asessment as Nate didnt go behind Nikko's back. He said it to his face.
Fair enough, tattletale might not be the right choice of words but it kind of comes off as petty. If he was kicking his bag, hitting the ground, slamming his stool (lol) then sure, call a courtesy.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-17-2018, 09:15 PM
billyjacko's Avatar
billyjacko billyjacko is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Houston Tx
Courses Played: 3
Posts: 398
Niced 75 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdeforge View Post
https://youtu.be/To7LprnrNn8?t=1390

What do people think about Perkins' courtesy violation on Nikko?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
If he was kicking his bag, hitting the ground, slamming his stool (lol) then sure, call a courtesy.
IDK, Yelling ***K as loud as you can multiple times in the round has to fall into that. Ricky dogs on himself all the time while he's playing, but he just mumbles "terrible" or "garbage" under his breath. He doesn't scream loud enough for other cards to hear him. It was making me uncomfortable just watching him get more and more frustrated, and good on Perkins for calling him for that BS. The reason he gets away with the antics is because other players allow it. I know I get frustrated when I play with people who act like that, and I bet there's people who think it's normal because they're big Nikko fans (I love watching him play BTW.) He even whines about the call instead of just saying fair enough and moving on. I wasn't as frustrated by that interaction as I was when he barks at McCray after he said "nice putt" or whatever, he comes off as very unprofessional.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-17-2018, 09:19 PM
robdeforge robdeforge is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: VT
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 68
Niced 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjacko View Post
IDK, Yelling ***K as loud as you can multiple times in the round has to fall into that. Ricky dogs on himself all the time while he's playing, but he just mumbles "terrible" or "garbage" under his breath. He doesn't scream loud enough for other cards to hear him. It was making me uncomfortable just watching him get more and more frustrated, and good on Perkins for calling him for that BS. The reason he gets away with the antics is because other players allow it. I know I get frustrated when I play with people who act like that, and I bet there's people who think it's normal because they're big Nikko fans (I love watching him play BTW.) He even whines about the call instead of just saying fair enough and moving on. I wasn't as frustrated by that interaction as I was when he barks at McCray after he said "nice putt" or whatever, he comes off as very unprofessional.
I completely agree with you, and for what it's worth, I've heard that Perkins and Nikko are friends.

And that outburst after the putt really was quite strange. "Nah man, I don't really wanna, I don't honestly. It's 10 feet for 4, I don't really want to hear it honestly. Sorry, but I don't."

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #29  
Old 02-17-2018, 09:42 PM
Grippenripp Grippenripp is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 327
Niced 105 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdeforge View Post
https://youtu.be/To7LprnrNn8?t=1390

What do people think about Perkins' courtesy violation on Nikko?
Super boo! I play with guys like this a lot, and I know in our casual rounds it's not as important but I try to keep it pretty by the book during most rounds. Anyway there's an etiquette for a reason, follow it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.