Old 10-22-2019, 11:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 570 Times in 309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Innova needs to make a vid of The Mountain throwing it over that mountain...
Somebody posted a video of him chucking plastic a little while ago. Big dude for sure, but didn't look real good with a frisbee. Those discs looked like minis in his hands though.

Maybe someone will rummage up the clip.....I'm far too lazy lol
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2019, 11:28 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 845 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Innova needs to make a vid of The Mountain throwing it over that mountain...
Or on the toughest Uphill disc golf hole in the world on an official course.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 10-22-2019 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,090 Times in 1,189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Or on the toughest Uphill disc golf hole in the world on an official PDGA course.
and what is that again

Niced: (1)
Old 10-22-2019, 11:32 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 30.8
Courses Played: 692
Niced 1,718 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Or on the toughest Uphill disc golf hole in the world on an official course.
Granite Ridge 18 at Highbridge, WI might qualify.

Old 10-23-2019, 01:36 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 34.5
Courses Played: 30
Niced 127 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
I know you're not allowed to give specifics but...

...can you at least tell us whether you have actually held one of the new mids? Or are they still early in the experimenting/design stage?... The not knowing anything part of all this(combined with some people losing their favorite disc) has really soured a bunch of people on MVP.

And those of us who love the other MVP discs aren't bothered by losing access to models we never threw and are looking forward to the new mids.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,048 Times in 616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Just because people are friends doesn't mean they want to share a sponsor. Considering the fact that Uli has sizable input on Team Discraft I would be surprised to see Catrina there.
meh...not so fast. If you remember, Paige hanging out with all the DD crew (very early on) looking back.. was a clear sign something was up. Would not surprise me if Calvin goes to DD. DD needs a top MPO contender.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:19 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 285 Times in 89 Posts

Jeff Korns caddied for Paul a lot this season, so Paul to Discmania confirmed.

Old 10-23-2019, 10:31 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 98
Niced 47 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
meh...not so fast. If you remember, Paige hanging out with all the DD crew (very early on) looking back.. was a clear sign something was up. Would not surprise me if Calvin goes to DD. DD needs a top MPO contender.
I think you are comparing apples and oranges here. RE: PP we all knew she was unhappy at Prodigy (she made that loud and clear) and was headed to DD. Calvin, on the other hand, has not publicly expressed the same sentiments towards his sponsors. IIRC people were speculating on Madison Walker moving to Trilogy because of who her friends were signed with and that turned out to be false.

Old 10-23-2019, 10:47 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 105
Niced 622 Times in 287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perklc View Post
Jeff Korns caddied for Paul a lot this season, so Paul to Discmania confirmed.
I actually did notice Jeff Korns buying up a lot of Discraft discs this past week.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 270
Niced 84 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
I don't mean to insult you. But what a dumb take this is. I truly don't understand the silly internet hate that the DD team gets sometimes. All I can think is that people are jealous that DD absolutely KILLS it at the media game and their favorite brand is probably left in the dust comparatively. And does this spread to all the Trilogy lineup? Emerson Keith is doing pretty well with the Lat64 stuff and that includes some DD plastic.

DD has lacked a regular top 5 MPO finisher since Emac left the touring scene. I really hope that Clemons stays with DD and becomes that player. He has the potential to.

If you put every sponsored team each into their own separate room, I know that if I went into the team DD room I would probably have the most fun. Most of you internet posters have never once even spoken to these players. And every time I see someone disparage DD (or any team) I just think, "Wow. That person is stupid." And I hope that every other person reading it does as well.
No insult taken but I am going to sound like an old stay of my lawn p**** now. I respect your opinion although we do not know each other personally and no I do not know the DD people at all personally either. They all seem like very nice people from when I have been around a few of them but several seem to have no balance in life outside of dg which makes it difficult to understand how they are not more successful at tournaments. That being said, I have never really been close friends with hipster types that exhibit a need for attention as my close friends and family have never felt compelled to act that way. I could see hanging out with Clemons and Melton when I was younger as they seem to have balance, a sense of self awareness and could maintain a conversation without mentioning dg. I will say that at age 18, I am so glad I did not have a trust fund, become a professional athlete (which would have lasted a year at most), travel the world and miss out on college life because I would have missed out on so many good times and friends I have been close with since childhood and college.

Niced: (1)
Closed Thread