Old 08-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

So if all refunds were to be handled by the PDGA, I'm sure that also means the Players Packs for players that had to drop at the last second.

When should I expect that to be mailed? Anybody have any clue? Or do I need to go on a giant rage fest to figure it out? No contact from the PDGA at all regarding this matter
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2014, 02:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 1340
Niced 436 Times in 184 Posts

Question about placing. I remember it being said that in the semis a player from the B pool wouldn't be able to jump pools for final placing since we played different courses (The best finish from a B pool player would be 76). 75 players made the a pool (I believe, I don't see the pool assignments any more). I bombed my round in the semis to finish dfl in the A pool, which should have been 75th minus any DNFs, yet I'm listed as 84th. I realize it doesn't make much difference, a few points maybe and some minor bragging rights, because 75th sounds so much more BA than 84th...
Old 09-29-2014, 03:23 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 153
Niced 6 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dewgarita View Post
Question about placing. I remember it being said that in the semis a player from the B pool wouldn't be able to jump pools for final placing since we played different courses (The best finish from a B pool player would be 76). 75 players made the a pool (I believe, I don't see the pool assignments any more). I bombed my round in the semis to finish dfl in the A pool, which should have been 75th minus any DNFs, yet I'm listed as 84th. I realize it doesn't make much difference, a few points maybe and some minor bragging rights, because 75th sounds so much more BA than 84th...
It went back and forth for a while but when the placing was correct us B poolers didn't have ratings for the finals round. Maybe they couldn't find a way to do both?
Old 09-29-2014, 03:30 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 29.9
Courses Played: 669
Niced 1,096 Times in 525 Posts

I'm checking into it.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:38 PM
Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 44.8
Courses Played: 324
Niced 1,202 Times in 616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dewgarita View Post
What it said was "Players in this group [the B pool] can improve their final rank but cannot advance to final four."

I guess some of those B-poolers improved their final rank at your expense.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 1340
Niced 436 Times in 184 Posts

And that makes sense how? Kenwood plays about 2 throws easier - players on an easier course can pass up those playing a harder course? And maybe it wasn't official, but I swear I saw it written that players in the B pool wouldn't be able to jump pools after the semis - either in this thread or on facebook somewhere, but I suppose I could have misinterpreted what you posted... Again, not really pissed or anything, just curious.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:25 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 29.9
Courses Played: 669
Niced 1,096 Times in 525 Posts

It will be fixed in the next ratings update.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:59 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 82 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
Worlds is always a fun event. I always recommend playing in it if you can make it happen. The way things are looking thus year, it is right on par with the previous two years. Anyone who has put any work into making this happen should feel very proud.
was it Bruce?

Old 05-04-2015, 12:37 PM

Years Playing: 41.7
Courses Played: 35
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Funniest post I've seen in a while.

I was reading this thread to see what the issues were. The PDGA Board was discussing how this tournament was an embarrassment to the org and what to do in the future. So they've heard the complaints.

I've found that good prizes make up for a poorly run tournament. A really well run tournament makes up for weak prizes. If you're going to charge $225 or whatever for a trophy-only, and then be giving out player packs that you claim are sponsored, the player party should be serving steak.

Am Worlds has gotten away with neither good prizes nor good organization, year after year. The combined Pro/Ams have been pretty good, probably because they were making it top notch for the pros and that just spilled over to the Am side. The stand-alones have always been lame money grabs.

You just have to know that going in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Scales View Post
Hmm, funny to me, when you read all the chatter on Facebook, there was nothing but praise (from the same 10-12 people) that helped volunteer or run the event.

There are so many players complaints in regards to the shoddy handling of this event that I feel they should all go in a book, be handed to tournament directors that are going to run major events and call it "How to Not Run a Quality Event" by the PDGA and Minnesota Tournament Directors.

Honestly, I was really upset that I had an emergency happen, had to cancel my hotel, my car and my plane ticket because I wanted to play. After the multitude of responses that I've seen saying it was a week long C/B tier, I am glad that the emergency happened.

Any idea for those of use who were un(Fortunate) enough to not be able to make it will be sent out? I missed the full refund by three days so I would like to know when I can expect my players pack to arrive.

Not a single one of the golfers I know IRL were happy with this event. This was the conversation I had with a good buddy who spent 2000 grand on the entire week long event just in travel and rental fee's.

"How was worlds?"
"Courses were awesome, the town was pretty decent. The handling of the event was more like going on a date with an incredibly attractive female that you later find out has a penis"
"So surprising?"
"Surprising in a manner that was not pleasant. At all."