Old 09-03-2014, 03:35 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 900 Times in 479 Posts

After the huge heartbreaker at Worlds, Ricky plays inspired golf and beats Paul and Will for his first USDGC.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2014, 08:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 43
Niced 2,390 Times in 1,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
i would love to see lizotte hyzer bomb everything and win. his time is coming. also i think it would be cool if barsby or mj won. or mccray for sure. or maybe ill win, who knows.
I would put my money on Nolan.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 39
Niced 7 Times in 5 Posts

I'd like to see, in no particular order; Will, Uli, Simon, Feldy, Brinster, John E, Ricky or Rico take it.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 23
Niced 61 Times in 44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
I don't want to take anything away from Steve Brinster. He seems like an awesome guy, and he played well last year. But Will fell apart. Barry had a few bad holes that cost him. Doss didn't play to his best level. Rico faltered.

There are athletes in every sport, that if they are playing their very best, they are unstoppable. We've seen that from Paul McBeth, and Climo before him. Ricky has that sort of game as well. He's scary good when everything is clicking.

I think you would agree that Brinster, although a great disc golfer, is not at the same level.

Having said that, it would be sweet to have him shut me up and win back to back.
Holding your game together is an integral part of tournament play. Paul had some hiccoughs at worlds this year, but Uli had a rough round in there, Ricky had a couple unfortunate OB shots that allowed Paul to catch up, and then he had that tree hit to lose the tournament. Yet Paul's worlds victory is looked at with wonder and awe. I don't think Brinster's USDGC victory is worth any less than that. At the end of the tournament, he played the most consistent golf of anybody and therefore deserved to win.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 51
Niced 19 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discguy42 View Post
What did MikeC do to Nolangherity ?
he did not perform very well at his first sanctioned event. i think he would have taken home the am2 victory if i remember correct though.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:20 AM
^Has PhD in Disc-Artistry

Niced 113 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
he did not perform very well at his first sanctioned event. i think he would have taken home the am2 victory if i remember correct though.
I remember correctly that he was injured for that tournament
Old 09-03-2014, 09:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 51
Niced 19 Times in 7 Posts

just pointing out the motivation for the comment. ill be happy for him if he does well but, personally i dont need to see someone on the pro level throwing mvp to make me feel valid in my disc selection, nor did i need it back when i was throwing ABC.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:53 AM
^Has PhD in Disc-Artistry

Niced 113 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
just pointing out the motivation for the comment. ill be happy for him if he does well but, personally i dont need to see someone on the pro level throwing mvp to make me feel valid in my disc selection, nor did i need it back when i was throwing ABC.
Gotcha, that's cool... seems like sh-tting on Mike C is the new "they'll never have an overstable or understable disc" and that's how I mistook your comment. My apologies.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:03 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,040 Times in 702 Posts

I believe it was Paul McBeth who said "what pros throw MVP" as if it was suppose to be some kind of burn lol. ****ting on MVP in the tournament world in general has always been the they will never have a OS/US flying disc

Really hope Mike does some work out there!!! He does live near the course now, no?

Old 09-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 43
Niced 33 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
I believe it was Paul McBeth who said "what pros throw MVP" as if it was suppose to be some kind of burn lol. ****ting on MVP in the tournament world in general has always been the they will never have a OS/US flying disc

Really hope Mike does some work out there!!! He does live near the course now, no?
The course at Winthrop requires a lot more than a bunch of hyzer flips.