#211  
Old 01-20-2020, 02:32 AM
Emoney's Avatar
Emoney Emoney is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,047
Niced 314 Times in 184 Posts
Default

Felt these up at a local PIAS. They feel/look great and have a good profile. These should be good putters for a lot of ppl.

Thankfully i care more about practice then getting the latest disc release.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 01-20-2020, 05:59 AM
Jugular Jugular is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 65
Niced 37 Times in 19 Posts
Default

I've still not settled on a putter to start putting practice in earnest with so anything to help me make a good choice now is helpful.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 01-20-2020, 07:48 AM
Titan037's Avatar
Titan037 Titan037 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 3,362
Niced 229 Times in 140 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugular View Post
I've still not settled on a putter to start putting practice in earnest with so anything to help me make a good choice now is helpful.
You really need to feel putters before deciding on one to work with. Is there a store you can go to. Flight should come second to feel in the hand because most putters will fly similar inside 30ft. I was using roaches before but made the roach work to me. The fierce feels like it was made for me personally but not everyone is going to feel this way obviously
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 01-20-2020, 07:54 AM
Streets's Avatar
Streets Streets is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,388
Niced 4,523 Times in 1,896 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
So you’re judging a disc you haven’t thrown before? Got it.
It's called being a mindful consumer...I'm letting you fanboys give me information so I don't drop unnecessary money on an unnecessary disc.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 01-20-2020, 08:06 AM
Titan037's Avatar
Titan037 Titan037 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 3,362
Niced 229 Times in 140 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
It's called being a mindful consumer...I'm letting you fanboys give me information so I don't drop unnecessary money on an unnecessary disc.
If you think I’m trying to be a sales man for Paige just because I like the disc I’m not. I have used a lot of putters in the past and I mean a lot. The profile isn’t really something I have come across before. Just because I like something that means I’m a fan boy? So you must be a fan boy for all your other discs then. Even if you did pay 20$ for one and didn’t like it you would have no trouble selling it, I would probably buy it off you honestly that’s kind of the beauty about disc golf, one persons trash and all that. But you don’t know how a disc can benefit you personally until you yourself throw it, not judging it from afar based on the way other people are receiving it.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 01-20-2020, 09:42 AM
Jugular Jugular is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 65
Niced 37 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
You really need to feel putters before deciding on one to work with. Is there a store you can go to. Flight should come second to feel in the hand because most putters will fly similar inside 30ft. I was using roaches before but made the roach work to me. The fierce feels like it was made for me personally but not everyone is going to feel this way obviously
I do not have a store I can go to to test out more than a handful of putters and it's roughly three hours drive away. I loaned a whole bag of putters from a local player but even having tried twenty different putters there are a few I've yet to try that I'm interested in.

I currently throw a DX Aviar, think I slightly prefer the Kastaplast Reko and found the Roach and Pure felt quite good to me. Ideally I want a putter that can act as my approach disc too so flight outside of 30ft is still a consideration.

From the little I have read and understood about the Fierce it looks like it could be a contender.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 01-20-2020, 10:02 AM
Titan037's Avatar
Titan037 Titan037 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 3,362
Niced 229 Times in 140 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugular View Post
I do not have a store I can go to to test out more than a handful of putters and it's roughly three hours drive away. I loaned a whole bag of putters from a local player but even having tried twenty different putters there are a few I've yet to try that I'm interested in.

I currently throw a DX Aviar, think I slightly prefer the Kastaplast Reko and found the Roach and Pure felt quite good to me. Ideally I want a putter that can act as my approach disc too so flight outside of 30ft is still a consideration.

From the little I have read and understood about the Fierce it looks like it could be a contender.
Yeah I think the fierce is what you would want to look for especially if you plan on throwing it too. It definitely has a really straight flight, it will turn in a decent headwind, but it will shine well in tailwinds and mild headwinds if you adjust the angle. It’s a really comfortable grip in a variety of styles, fan grip or power and everything in between. If you liked the roach, you would probably like the fierce.
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 01-20-2020, 12:35 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,358
Niced 1,095 Times in 579 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugular View Post
I do not have a store I can go to to test out more than a handful of putters and it's roughly three hours drive away. I loaned a whole bag of putters from a local player but even having tried twenty different putters there are a few I've yet to try that I'm interested in.

I currently throw a DX Aviar, think I slightly prefer the Kastaplast Reko and found the Roach and Pure felt quite good to me. Ideally I want a putter that can act as my approach disc too so flight outside of 30ft is still a consideration.

From the little I have read and understood about the Fierce it looks like it could be a contender.
Roach would suit your needs just fine at a reasonable price. I putt and throw them in JB plastic, the JB breaks into a pretty straight to understable thrower. Premium plastic Roaches are definitely neutral throwers.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 01-20-2020, 03:38 PM
SpikeHyzer SpikeHyzer is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my cubicle...
Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 968
Niced 192 Times in 95 Posts
Default

I had the change to throw a dozen putts at one of our local putting leagues and I was taken back a bit by its stability. I was expecting something along the lines of the deputy when I first handled it, but it putted more like a lightly seasoned P2 for me...glidey with some good stability.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #220  
Old 01-20-2020, 06:14 PM
Rol6566's Avatar
Rol6566 Rol6566 is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Butler PA
Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,677
Niced 31 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Can anyone compare to an Aviar3? I currently putt/approach with XT and Luster
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Has Paige Pierce peaked? SD86 General Disc Golf Chat 339 09-21-2019 11:41 PM
Paige Pierce Still Prodigy? jjtwinnova General Disc Golf Chat 34 08-08-2016 08:44 PM
Paige Pierce AMA Halcón General Disc Golf Chat 12 05-25-2015 09:10 PM
Paige Pierce First Runs westflagator Discs 2 10-25-2012 08:24 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.