Old 05-09-2020, 10:03 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 384 Times in 242 Posts

Well it has been a long while since my bag has actually changed, but here we are. It has been Trespasses/Enforcers for a number of years, but decided to branch out and try the Emperor. Great mold! Flies pretty far with little effort. The I-Blend is definitely the mortals destroyer.

Additionally, as mentioned above, a local course made me realize understandable discs can be useful! I am not against cycling; in fact, I usually have duplicates, sometimes triplicates of discs ITB, but I like premium plastic!

Top to bottom:
Emperor - Splatter/I-Blend/I-Blend - Splatters are pretty OS, can stand up to headwinds, and will give me big fade for spike hyzers; I-Blends are bombers, with one that has some use and one that is still pretty fresh.
PD - C-Line/S-Line - OS control drivers: C-Line for hyzers out of the hand; S-Line if I want a little more distance/push before the reliable fade.
Heat - ESP - US control driver: for when I need long turnovers to hold the turnover, hyzer flips, and late-in-the-day driver needs when the arm is whiped.
Felon - Lucid-X/Lucid-MF - OS fairways: the Lucid-X is for utility, mainly, as it is a meathook, where the Lucid-MF will ride straight for a portion of its flight; mainly FH.
Undertaker - FR Z/Z - straight fairways: the FR offers more HS and LSS, where the production Z will flip up a bit but fade a bit for a good straight flight.
Verdict - Lucid-X/Lucid - OS mids: the Lucid-X is OS, but controllable, and flat, great for FHs; the Lucid has the reliable straight to fade midrange flight.
Truth - Lucid/Lucid - straight mids: PrEMac 5/5/0/2s; favorite mid, so straight and glidey and far and reliable. One is fresh and will still fade, the other is beat and is a laser.
Warrant - Lucid - US mid: similar handfeel to the Truth/Verdict, but a pretty fun US flight; hyzer flip to straight, turnovers, fun disc.
Zone - ESP - OS approach: it is a zone, it has a puddly top so it is pretty OS, and it is always reliable.
Reko - K1/K1 - S approach: Beat/Freshish; probably my favorite disc ITB right now. Comes out of the hand so nice, flies so true, great all around stable putter for throwing (two aces in April!)
Judge - Prime/Prime - putts: been a Judge guy for a long while. Will continue to be a Judge guy for a long while. Reliable, comfortable putter.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 05-09-2020, 06:45 PM
Eagle Member

This was the bag I brought to Carlton today. Was the first time having the Warrant ITB for Carlton, where I wanted it for two holes on this course: 14 and 15. 14 it worked perfectly, flipped up through the tight gap and rode straight to pin deep (I would miss the 35’ uphill putt). 15 I hit it too flat and hard and it sailed into the rough stuff. I wouldn’t save the bogey and would settle with a 5. Overall I like having the spot in my bag.

Threw the I Blend Emperors around the field near the course too. Was comfortably getting them to 365-375 on flat ground on a controlled distance shot. Very predictable!
Old 05-27-2020, 09:09 AM
Eagle Member

Been going back to the trespass lately. Its hard to beat the hand feel of the trespass, easy to get a clean release. Will shelf the emperors for now.

Trespass: Lucid-X/Lucid/Lucid
Enforcer: MF Lucid
PD: C-Line
Heat: ESP
Undertaker: Z/Z
Felon: Lucid-X/MF Lucid
ETruth: MF Lucid/Lucid
Verdict: Lucid-X/Lucid
Warrant: Lucid
Reko: K1/K1
Zone: ESP
Judge: Prime/Prime

Quick take on the undertaker; I’ve been rocking a FRZ for a while, which has a very Teebirdy type of flight. I’ve been pairing it with a pearly Z, which flies very straight (a la TL3 or maybe little more stable FD). I put a fresh Z in to try, and find it has that eagle kind of flight; easy to put straight with a hard fade. So many flights, one mold!
Old 05-27-2020, 02:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 415
Niced 606 Times in 312 Posts

That's kind of my experience with the Undertaker too. I have 5 and they all fly a little different. My Z is the straightest. Flies just like TL3. My ESP is like a champ Teebird. I'm really enjoying them.

Old 05-27-2020, 06:05 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
That's kind of my experience with the Undertaker too. I have 5 and they all fly a little different. My Z is the straightest. Flies just like TL3. My ESP is like a champ Teebird. I'm really enjoying them.
I suppose I didn’t mention; I also have a FAF FR Z that is pretty darn meaty. Mellow FB. I think if I were to invest in a X, could carry one fairway mold, OS to US!... but here we are

Old 05-27-2020, 07:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 415
Niced 606 Times in 312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
I suppose I didn’t mention; I also have a FAF FR Z that is pretty darn meaty. Mellow FB. I think if I were to invest in a X, could carry one fairway mold, OS to US!... but here we are
Agreed. But I'll never do it. I love switching my bag up too much.