#1  
Old 07-30-2021, 02:21 PM
Ryan P.'s Avatar
Ryan P. Ryan P. is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central NC
Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 64
Posts: 2,375
Niced 551 Times in 308 Posts
Default GK Pro Skins Match Eagles Crossing

I heard about this on the Ultiworld DG Podcast. Seems very interesting. It's August 3, and has Sexton, McMahon, Lizotte, and Conrad. Charging $200 a pop for spectators, and paying $3000 to each pro plus what they win during the match. Eagle and Calvin have had high praises for the course.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/cours...=12414&mode=ci
https://www.discgolfscene.com/tourna...lf_Course_2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upcxSDjOWXg&t=2281s (16 minutes and 40 minutes in)

Anyone have more information on the course?
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-31-2021, 09:55 AM
puck'n'disc5 puck'n'disc5 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 237
Niced 219 Times in 59 Posts
Default

http://eagles-crossing.com/
http://eagles-crossing.com/disc-golf/

Eagle's Crossing Disc Golf also has a nice Facebook page that they consistently update. The property also provides additional activities, most notably, fishing.

I live about an hour and 15 from the property but I have not gotten to play it. I have heard plenty of great things about the course and can't wait to get a chance to check it out. I think it is pay to play, and I am not exactly sure about any additional details.

I am have no skin in this game, but, I am wondering as to how many people would pay $200 to watch the skins match?

Last edited by puck'n'disc5; 07-31-2021 at 09:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-01-2021, 10:55 AM
robdeforge robdeforge is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 1,078
Niced 823 Times in 430 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck'n'disc5 View Post
I am have no skin in this game, but, I am wondering as to how many people would pay $200 to watch the skins match?
Not me. I think $50 would be my limit. I'm definitely a cheapskate
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-04-2021, 01:33 PM
aredoubles aredoubles is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: North Carolina
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 225
Posts: 329
Niced 462 Times in 184 Posts
Default

Simon just posted a video of the course on his channel. He’s already calling it the best course in the world.

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-04-2021, 01:49 PM
Three Putt's Avatar
Three Putt Three Putt is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rolla, MO.
Years Playing: 27.4
Courses Played: 142
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11,167
Niced 6,399 Times in 2,127 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck'n'disc5 View Post
http://eagles-crossing.com/
http://eagles-crossing.com/disc-golf/

Eagle's Crossing Disc Golf also has a nice Facebook page that they consistently update. The property also provides additional activities, most notably, fishing.

I live about an hour and 15 from the property but I have not gotten to play it. I have heard plenty of great things about the course and can't wait to get a chance to check it out. I think it is pay to play, and I am not exactly sure about any additional details.

I am have no skin in this game, but, I am wondering as to how many people would pay $200 to watch the skins match?
It's about 2 hours from me.

I don't know...people can say it's the best disc golf course in the World but I'm not feeling it from the video of it I'm seeing. Certainly it has amenities and they spent a lot of money on it, but...eh, I'm in not hurry to run up there and check it out for some reason. I'm sure I will eventually, and maybe I'll change my tune. It just doesn't look like my cup of tea.

I'm sure if I could throw 400' it would be a lot closer to my cup of tea, so it's just crusty 'ol weenie arm bitching prolly.

I had a buddy who went, he said it was amazing. He's even older and crustier than I am, so maybe you had to be there?

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-04-2021, 02:13 PM
BogeyNoMore's Avatar
BogeyNoMore BogeyNoMore is offline
* Ace No More *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Walled Lake, MI
Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 397
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 13,289
Niced 9,262 Times in 3,642 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I'm sure if I could throw 400' it would be a lot closer to my cup of tea, so it's just crusty 'ol weenie arm bitching prolly.

I had a buddy who went, he said it was amazing. He's even older and crustier than I am, so maybe you had to be there?
So...

Get your crusty 'ol weenie arm in the car and "be there."



Let's assume it's not the greastest course on the world, especially for us noodle arms. Based on crustier old friend's and Lizotte's recommendations, it's still probably worth the trip.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 08-04-2021 at 02:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-04-2021, 02:17 PM
Three Putt's Avatar
Three Putt Three Putt is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rolla, MO.
Years Playing: 27.4
Courses Played: 142
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11,167
Niced 6,399 Times in 2,127 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
So...

Get your crusty 'ol weenie arm in the car and "be there."
Look, it costs money. I started playing disc golf because I don't like to spend money. This whole "spend money" thing is going to be my breaking point with disc golf.

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-04-2021, 11:53 PM
dehaas dehaas is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Shiloh, IL
Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 2,872
Niced 1,120 Times in 530 Posts
Default

Personally I find this very humorous. Harmony is still the #1 rated course in the country and after the city of Columbia dumps a bunch of money into having Houck design it Dave Mac rolls up next door and says hold my beer.

Will be curious to how the ratings for Harmony fair after people play this. I haven’t yet…but you gotta figure if it’s a destination for most people why not hit both when they’re so close.

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-05-2021, 08:19 PM
Steve West Steve West is offline
Par Delusionary
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Years Playing: 48
Courses Played: 479
Posts: 6,275
Niced 3,592 Times in 1,637 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
Personally I find this very humorous. Harmony is still the #1 rated course in the country and after the city of Columbia dumps a bunch of money into having Houck design it Dave Mac rolls up next door and says hold my beer.

Will be curious to how the ratings for Harmony fair after people play this. I haven’t yet…but you gotta figure if it’s a destination for most people why not hit both when they’re so close.
About an hour apart, and both near the geographic center of all disc golfers on earth. One an hour away from STL airport. I think I'm having an idea...

Nope, lost it.
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 08-05-2021, 10:18 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 790
Posts: 11,406
Niced 4,075 Times in 2,128 Posts
Default

how much is admission
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cass Clay DG - 2016 Skins Match tampora Tournaments & Leagues 1 12-28-2016 04:42 AM
Creating a gallery event at a tournament. Skins match, or final 9? aardvarkious Tournaments & Leagues 10 03-06-2013 05:26 PM
2012 TCOC Final 9 Pro/Am Skins Full Video W/ Nikko and Will mcbentz General Disc Golf Chat 6 11-02-2012 08:55 AM
Scoring Match Play and Skins Keokuk Discer General Disc Golf Chat 14 08-24-2012 08:25 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.