#21  
Old 04-16-2018, 05:42 PM
JeremyKShort's Avatar
JeremyKShort JeremyKShort is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cleburne, TX
Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,039
Niced 30 Times in 16 Posts
Default

If it's a sanctioned tournament and the person is working with the tournament peeps, then he really can't stop them. If it was a random person, as long as they're not disrupting in some manner, I don't think there's a lot to stop it there either.

But then, I don't know that I'd want to try to argue that with JohnE.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-16-2018, 05:51 PM
JC17393 JC17393 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Years Playing: 21
Courses Played: 144
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 6,762
Niced 2,078 Times in 890 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyKShort View Post
If it's a sanctioned tournament and the person is working with the tournament peeps, then he really can't stop them. If it was a random person, as long as they're not disrupting in some manner, I don't think there's a lot to stop it there either.

But then, I don't know that I'd want to try to argue that with JohnE.
The bolded is true, but if JohnE were polite about requesting that his round not be included in an unauthorized (by the PDGA/TD) published video, and the videographer complied out of respect for that request, there's really nothing to see here.

If the videographer was there at the request of or with the expressed permission of the TD and therefore the PDGA, then JohnE shouldn't even be asking to be excluded. He doesn't have the right to do that and the PDGA could discipline him for it.

Without knowing which is the case, though, there's no point in demonizing or defending McCray about it.

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-16-2018, 06:16 PM
DiscFifty DiscFifty is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tx
Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,480
Niced 473 Times in 280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
The bolded is true, but if JohnE were polite about requesting that his round not be included in an unauthorized (by the PDGA/TD) published video, and the videographer complied out of respect for that request, there's really nothing to see here.

If the videographer was there at the request of or with the expressed permission of the TD and therefore the PDGA, then JohnE shouldn't even be asking to be excluded. He doesn't have the right to do that and the PDGA could discipline him for it.

Without knowing which is the case, though, there's no point in demonizing or defending McCray about it.
I've had pro players ask me why am I taking photos/film of them and what I plan to do with it. I tell them point blank, but in a calm/friendly demeanor... I am freelance and I will do whatever I want with the media. If the player asks the videographer to not include him, that conversation and outcome is between them, but this shouldn't be the accepted normal outcome moving forward just because a player wants to control his personal media exposure for whatever reason.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-16-2018, 06:19 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,908
Niced 2,424 Times in 1,325 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post
I've heard that some people think those camera things can steal your soul?
Nah the lens cap is on...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-16-2018, 06:19 PM
sidewinder22's Avatar
sidewinder22 sidewinder22 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Creeping Creek DGC
Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 215
Posts: 13,619
Niced 1,880 Times in 1,210 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Without knowing which is the case, though, there's no point in demonizing or defending McCray about it.
We never speculate about the pros on here...

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-16-2018, 06:25 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,908
Niced 2,424 Times in 1,325 Posts
Default

He had a 4 shot lead, over the guy who won, going into the final round... Started +4 thru the first 8 holes... and lost by 3

https://www.pdga.com/apps/tournament...&RoundID=25236

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 04-16-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-16-2018, 06:33 PM
VictorB's Avatar
VictorB VictorB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,246
Niced 577 Times in 311 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post
I've heard that some people think those camera things can steal your soul?
nah that only happens when you leave a fan blowing on you in your sleep, everyone knows that
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-16-2018, 07:53 PM
F. Howl's Avatar
F. Howl F. Howl is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,491
Niced 722 Times in 410 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
nah that only happens when you leave a fan blowing on you in your sleep, everyone knows that
Haha, Korean fan death? You spent time in the ROK?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-16-2018, 10:16 PM
eegor's Avatar
eegor eegor is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DFW...Tejas
Years Playing: 22.6
Courses Played: 128
Posts: 3,599
Niced 143 Times in 79 Posts
Default

JohnE asked and the guy edited him out. It appears the guy filming was being a nice guy and doing JohnE a favor. No big deal.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #30  
Old 04-16-2018, 10:21 PM
BrotherDave's Avatar
BrotherDave BrotherDave is offline
Verified Jurkface
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: AIM's Mom's house.
Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 161
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 14,687
Niced 1,757 Times in 843 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
He had a 4 shot lead, over the guy who won, going into the final round... Started +4 thru the first 8 holes... and lost by 3

https://www.pdga.com/apps/tournament...&RoundID=25236
I bet he got mad and took the Lord's name in vain during a moment of weakness. Probably didn't want fellow Christians to be exposed to such sinful display. Good looking out for us, John E.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First time being filmed unclevince Form Analysis/Critique 63 05-22-2018 07:55 PM
Filmed a full round at Water Works Park this weekend pineappletrees General Disc Golf Chat 23 06-26-2013 10:22 AM
locals refusing to return marked discs lukebro22 General Disc Golf Chat 21 07-30-2012 02:43 PM
Some shots I Filmed Recently str8shooter Technique & Strategy 13 04-19-2012 06:23 PM
Finally filmed a group round - Arboretum Back 9 Mike C General Disc Golf Chat 38 03-21-2012 12:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.