Old 11-25-2019, 09:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,297 Times in 609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatPaco View Post
I've recently switched to Wraiths (realized that I shouldn't be chucking massive rim stuff, go figure) and in trying to start a cycle of these. Right now I have a domey C-Line DD(which is essentially a Wraith), and a nice flat new star Wraith. I have so much control with these over the wider rimmed stuff, and I'm not losing much if any distance.

My question is what would be a good understable 11 speed for my driver slot? Right now I have a Trespass in that spot, and I expect it to beat in quickly because that's what the Swedish plastic does. Does anyone have a better suggestion for this end of the cycle until my wraiths get beat enough to slot there?

A Beast.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2019, 09:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 172
Niced 623 Times in 278 Posts

Quote:
My question is what would be a good understable 11 speed for my driver slot?
Pro Wraith and a few tree hits is a good suggestion. Alternatively a Wave (Neutron or Plasma) pairs nicely with a Wraith.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-25-2019, 09:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 104
Niced 333 Times in 150 Posts

Quote:
My question is what would be a good understable 11 speed for my driver slot? Right now I have a Trespass in that spot, and I expect it to beat in quickly because that's what the Swedish plastic does. Does anyone have a better suggestion for this end of the cycle until my wraiths get beat enough to slot there?
Pro Wraith.

Or a Millennium Aries if you want premium plastic.

Old 11-25-2019, 09:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 241
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,263 Posts

Quote:
I've recently switched to Wraiths (realized that I shouldn't be chucking massive rim stuff, go figure) and in trying to start a cycle of these. Right now I have a domey C-Line DD(which is essentially a Wraith), and a nice flat new star Wraith. I have so much control with these over the wider rimmed stuff, and I'm not losing much if any distance.

pro wraith
Old 11-25-2019, 10:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 32
Niced 690 Times in 417 Posts

Quote:

Another vote for Pro Wraith. I've had some before that had to meet a lot of trees before getting understable. There are some stable Pro Wraiths for sure but most will beat up in decent time.

Glad you noticed that speed 11 is as fast as you need to go. I forced myself to use a Destroyer/Tern combo for an entire year & when I went back to my Wraiths it was such a relief. The Wraith has always been my farthest flyer.

I carry a Champion & two Stars (one newer & one beat) to cover it.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:23 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 52 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
Another vote for Pro Wraith. I've had some before that had to meet a lot of trees before getting understable. There are some stable Pro Wraiths for sure but most will beat up in decent time.

Glad you noticed that speed 11 is as fast as you need to go. I forced myself to use a Destroyer/Tern combo for an entire year & when I went back to my Wraiths it was such a relief. The Wraith has always been my farthest flyer.

I carry a Champion & two Stars (one newer & one beat) to cover it.
I can get the distance out of faster stuff but the overstable discs were inconsistent(sometimes I would get some distance and sometimes they would dump) and the understable discs were squirrelly.

Thanks for the Pro Wraith suggestion everyone, sounds like that's what I need. I used to have a Pro Thunderbird so I'm familiar with the plastic.

Also, for the Star Wraiths, are the domey ones more OS? My new smooth dome (probably flat for a wraith) 168 is very straight. I saw some pop top max weights at the store and the enormous dome just felt OS holding it. I prefer the flat discs for forehands, but just asking about those.
Old 12-25-2019, 05:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,801 Times in 1,007 Posts

Difference in flight between a 150g Star Wraith and a 150g Blizzard?
Old 12-25-2019, 09:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.8
Niced 1,108 Times in 475 Posts

Quote:
Also, for the Star Wraiths, are the domey ones more OS?
The dome determines the glide. More dome is more glide.
The PLH is a better indicator of the relative stability.
For my small sample of Zen Wraiths (20ish) the flat Champs are beeeeffffffffyyyyyy. I can barely get them out to 350’. The domey Stars are glidey and lovely. Easily 400+ for me, almost as long as my favorite Pro Wraiths. The beefy ones really kill the distance potential.
Old 12-25-2019, 10:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,801 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
The dome determines the glide. More dome is more glide.
The PLH is a better indicator of the relative stability.
For my small sample of Zen Wraiths (20ish) the flat Champs are beeeeffffffffyyyyyy. I can barely get them out to 350’. The domey Stars are glidey and lovely. Easily 400+ for me, almost as long as my favorite Pro Wraiths. The beefy ones really kill the distance potential.
Hard for me that orders online to find "the domey ones"

Started last week to try some "low weight" drivers. . started with a Blizzard Beast 154g ( and a few others that i did not like)
At first i loved the Beasts but after some more testing it΄s just a hair to flippy for me and my max 350' arm

So today i found a Blizzard Wraith with a big "heartbeat" dome ( very odd Blizzard plastic in this one, very few "bubbles" looks more like Champ plastic )

Really like the flight of this one. . nice glide and straight flight

Want to try some more and a saw that "My shop" had Wraiths in Star from 148g and up

Old 12-25-2019, 11:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 790 Times in 616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Hard for me that orders online to find "the domey ones"

Started last week to try some "low weight" drivers. . started with a Blizzard Beast 154g ( and a few others that i did not like)
At first i loved the Beasts but after some more testing it΄s just a hair to flippy for me and my max 350' arm

So today i found a Blizzard Wraith with a big "heartbeat" dome ( very odd Blizzard plastic in this one, very few "bubbles" looks more like Champ plastic )

Really like the flight of this one. . nice glide and straight flight

Want to try some more and a saw that "My shop" had Wraiths in Star from 148g and up
If you want a Wraith type disc, but a hair flippier, try an Archon. They fly really well. You won't have to go super light to get that flight out of it either.

The Mystere might also be a disc you want to check out too.

At 350' power a heavy Wraith is probably going to feel pretty beefy.