Old 11-21-2019, 11:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 293 Times in 187 Posts

One thing I learned to do this year is throw all my discs with a 4 finger power grip. I used to throw drivers with a 3 finger power grip, minus the pinkie, and used some form of fan grip on putters and mid.

The greatest beneficiary of this has been the Warship - much like you atison, this has become a fairway driver for me.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2020, 05:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 87
Niced 12 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via AIM to _.-Dut-._

Quote:
Originally Posted by atison View Post
Mentioned my warship in another thread and realized I had never put my comments on it here.

When I first picked up my warship (Lucid domey) I bagged it for a bit but I never really clicked with it. I was thinking of it as a mid and my mids are pretty locked in (Warrant/Truth/Emac Truth/Verdict) so never threw it much.

About a year ago I decided to give it another try but to treat it differently. To start off with, I placed it in my bag on the other side of the divider that separates my mids/putters from my FD/drivers. Yes, this didn't really change the way it flew but the point was I wanted to start thinking differently about when to throw it.

For my fairway drivers, I tend to lean on hyzerflipping rivers/saints which I love doing for a lot of shots. I pair these up with a stable lineup of Saint Pro's, a metal flake convict (crazy stable for a convict) and a felon.

The Warship wound up fitting in with my fairway drivers as a dead straight, soft finishing disc that gets out there with my rivers but I don't run the risk of them getting away from me to the right or crazy long. I throw them at about 80-90 percent power usually dead flat and can adjust their flight with nose angle somewhat reliably. Slightly nose up if I need an even softer left finish or flat and nose down for super straight penetrating flight.
Are you finding this flies further than your verdicts? Any experience with a roc, does a warship out distance those?
Old 01-05-2020, 06:03 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,189 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.-Dut-._ View Post
Are you finding this flies further than your verdicts? Any experience with a roc, does a warship out distance those?
Never thrown a verdict, but I can throw a Warship a good bit further and far easier than a Roc of any sort.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-03-2020, 09:27 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 12
Niced 55 Times in 32 Posts

Yes, the warship goes further and straighter for longer than my Verdicts. The verdict feels faster but will finish harder and sooner for me. If I power up the warship just right it continues straight and finishes with a soft hyzer.

I will say this though (my warship is quite domey and not sure if that is the norm but I believe it is) the warship can be a little nose sensitive as far as maxing out its distance potential. Get it nose up and it will feel beefier than it is, but get that nose down and it wants to keep going.

Its been a while since I threw a roc but I would argue that the warship is a good bit longer than a roc in most arms.
Old 02-03-2020, 01:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 21 Times in 18 Posts

How much beefier will a VIP-X Chameleon Warship be than the VIP or TB versions? I have a VIP 174g and a 180g currently and love them, the 180 is much firmer and tends to sit much faster than the 174 at my arm speed, but always felt like I could have something have a bit more beef.

I have a VIP-X and a TB on the way, both 177g, but wanted to see what my expectations were before they arrived. Warship is the best feeling mid I've had.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:20 PM
Broad Street Bully

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 29
Niced 9 Times in 9 Posts

Haven't had a chance to throw a VIP-X due to the insane prices yet

Niced: (1)
Old 02-03-2020, 03:41 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 135 Times in 88 Posts

I used to throw the Warship a lot so Im pretty familiar with it. One of the guys I play with regularly has the chameleon and it seems to be quite a bit more stable both high speed and low speed. It can hold a hyzer without flipping up or turning and seems to have more fade at the end of its flight. It seems to still have the glide just like the other plastics and seems to cover the same distance.

Obviously, your mileage may vary.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-03-2020, 05:19 PM

Niced 25 Times in 10 Posts

I have a vip and a chameleon vipx, they're identical in flight, so much so that I just pull out whichever one I see first in my bag when it's time to throw one.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.7
Courses Played: 117
Niced 35 Times in 22 Posts

VIP X is much more Overstable compared to the typical VIP... Especially from the original VIP X run.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:57 AM

Niced 25 Times in 10 Posts

I have other vipx discs that are more stable than the regular vip but the chameleon feels and flies just like a normal vip. The one I have does anyway. I have a river in vipx that’s stiff as a board and doesn’t have any turn or glide for my very average arm.