Old 12-04-2019, 12:48 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 279 Times in 179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
https://www.joinit.org/o/ace-runners-disc-golf

So in an attempt to get more funding the. BCDSS is trying to register 1000 members and then they can apply for government money. Free to join here's the link. Help em out, takes seconds.
Done and done. Our club on the island has been posting this everywhere too. Getting a grant could do wonders for growing things around here.

Between now and the new year I was hoping to get over to pender to play the golf course. Is it just a temp layout of duck golf with tonals? Any future plans for fundraising for baskets?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2019, 07:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 5
Niced 931 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
Done and done. Our club on the island has been posting this everywhere too. Getting a grant could do wonders for growing things around here.

Between now and the new year I was hoping to get over to pender to play the golf course. Is it just a temp layout of duck golf with tonals? Any future plans for fundraising for baskets?
Not sure about baskets, kind of in the tentative phase now.. Seems to be working well, more disc golfers out than golfers so the course is being used and they're happy about that.

Im glad they emailed me about it, I haven't seen any of the posts.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-05-2019, 09:17 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Not sure about baskets, kind of in the tentative phase now.. Seems to be working well, more disc golfers out than golfers so the course is being used and they're happy about that.

Im glad they emailed me about it, I haven't seen any of the posts.
It’s funny once the golf courses realize disc golfers could keep them afloat through the winter. Most casual golfers put their clubs away in the garage this time of year. Yet in a gale force wind, with rain sideways, we are out there.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
It’s funny once the golf courses realize disc golfers could keep them afloat through the winter. Most casual golfers put their clubs away in the garage this time of year. Yet in a gale force wind, with rain sideways, we are out there.
That sounds like the last Duck Golf tournament here, it's the windiest I've ever played in. Usually if it's blowing like that I stay the f* outta the Bush. It seemed better at the open golf course though, less trees to keep an eye on but it was gusting over 80kmph

I wonder if we got enough people yet on the BCDSS sign-up? I bet we got at least 15 off DGCR
Old 01-16-2020, 09:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Good morning out there, we just got pounded with a winter storm, wind, snow and below zero. I'm pretty much snowed in for another day but we didn't get hit as bad as Abbotsford and the valley on the mainland. Now it's turning to wet slushy crap and odds of discing today are even slimmer.

Alberta is frozen in the -30's so I don't feel too bad.. Anything east of that I don't care about haha, but let me know what you got hit with. When it gets like this my thoughts turn to online disc fantasy, what to buy, where to play... I guess I might as well fire up Disc Golf Valley and try that for a while. Or go do paperwork, year end paperwork.. Bah.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:48 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 32
Courses Played: 1759
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 33 Times in 12 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to danhyzer

And I thunk....How can you have a bad day on Pender Island. I was blessed the One day I visited PI. Nice weather, good travels on the car ferry getting there (I relive those travels over and over again), getting to share the fairways on PENDER ISLAND with the man (Mr. Glen Whitlock) who painted the picture of the island and the DG course in my head during conversation many many moons (@ 1990 S&H Open, Greenfield, Indiana) prior to me finally getting to Pender Island. Giving one of my 150 gram sidewinder discs to a young lady (who was using her Dad's heavier and faster discs). I know it changed her game that day! When I get cremated. I want some of my ashes spread on this Disc Golf course-------------- - +

Niced: (3)
Old 01-16-2020, 12:51 PM
Eagle Member

Hurricane force winds last night in Sidney. Ferry cancellations all week basically. Crazy snow, now warming up and melting / re freezing into black ice. Just a ****show mess now! Haven’t thrown a disc in over a month..
Old 01-16-2020, 04:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Hurricane force winds last night in Sidney. Ferry cancellations all week basically. Crazy snow, now warming up and melting / re freezing into black ice. Just a ****show mess now! Haven’t thrown a disc in over a month..
A month! That's a sin!

My dogs getting pretty antsy I think it's only been 3 days for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhyzer View Post
(Mr. Glen Whitlock) who painted the picture of the island and the DG course in my head during conversation many many moons (@ 1990 S&H Open, Greenfield, Indiana) prior to me finally getting to Pender Island. When I get cremated. I want some of my ashes spread on this Disc Golf course-------------- - +
I really like playing with Glen, he's got a great vibe and a hell of a throw. Hit me up if you ever make it back this way.

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 01-16-2020 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 47 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Good morning out there, we just got pounded with a winter storm, wind, snow and below zero. I'm pretty much snowed in for another day but we didn't get hit as bad as Abbotsford and the valley on the mainland. Now it's turning to wet slushy crap and odds of discing today are even slimmer.

Alberta is frozen in the -30's so I don't feel too bad.. Anything east of that I don't care about haha, but let me know what you got hit with. When it gets like this my thoughts turn to online disc fantasy, what to buy, where to play... I guess I might as well fire up Disc Golf Valley and try that for a while. Or go do paperwork, year end paperwork.. Bah.
below zero?!?!?!?!?!?!

I hope you survived

We did have -30's like -36's (-45 with windchill)
it sucked

so I significantly added to my disc collection

it's really nice here now, super warm, like just above zero

lucky for me I don't work Fridays and I'm gonna get in a lot of game time tomorrow

Old 01-27-2020, 05:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 116
Niced 249 Times in 100 Posts

I want to play...living in a climate nearly as cold as southern Canada.