#831  
Old 01-14-2020, 11:29 PM
ILUVSMGS18 ILUVSMGS18 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Keeseville, NY
Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 12
Posts: 2,023
Niced 620 Times in 425 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I do have a Flex and SB Breaker in the bag today..and a CryZtal Zone...but in a way it would be easier to just go with a few zones together with my Lunas
How OS is your most OS Luna? I find there is not enough room between my FR McZ Zone and Cryztal Luna for a disc, but I do have a seasoned Pro-D Zone for the wetter/snowier rounds. I don't throw a ton of FH approaches, as I find the Luna/Zone to be easy to range on BH hyzer approaches. I've considered getting an X Soft Zone for hit and stick approaches but I haven't yet.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #832  
Old 01-15-2020, 01:22 AM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,608
Niced 2,203 Times in 1,248 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
How OS is your most OS Luna? I find there is not enough room between my FR McZ Zone and Cryztal Luna for a disc, but I do have a seasoned Pro-D Zone for the wetter/snowier rounds. I don't throw a ton of FH approaches, as I find the Luna/Zone to be easy to range on BH hyzer approaches. I've considered getting an X Soft Zone for hit and stick approaches but I haven't yet.
My CryZtal LUNAs are OS enough and i love it for short approaches. . .but i really like someting a hair less deep and flatter for "of the tee driving" . .like the Breaker, Ringer

But maybe i just need to practice more with the CryZtal and ESP LUNA of the tee and just go LUNA/Zone as throwing putters. .. and my K2 BERG will never leave my bag

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #833  
Old 01-15-2020, 04:58 PM
ILUVSMGS18 ILUVSMGS18 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Keeseville, NY
Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 12
Posts: 2,023
Niced 620 Times in 425 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
My CryZtal LUNAs are OS enough and i love it for short approaches. . .but i really like someting a hair less deep and flatter for "of the tee driving" . .like the Breaker, Ringer

But maybe i just need to practice more with the CryZtal and ESP LUNA of the tee and just go LUNA/Zone as throwing putters. .. and my K2 BERG will never leave my bag
I'd work with the Lunas first. If some extra work with the Lunas doesn't fill the slot, than I'd look at working with the Breaker/Ringer/low-end Zone.
Reply With Quote
  #834  
Old 01-17-2020, 05:55 AM
Thmz Thmz is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 41
Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Is there a disc that fits between Zone and a Firebird? Love my Zones, i have a JB, Z and a Cryztal FLX. From straight to overstable. Same with Firebirds. I have tried a Gator, was not for me. MD4 was too straight. Justice was close, but hard to find "straight" ones. So, any ideas?
Reply With Quote
  #835  
Old 01-17-2020, 06:56 AM
Deej Deej is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: North Georgia
Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 193
Niced 67 Times in 48 Posts
Default

I use an Anvil for the slot you’re talking about. Very OS and longer than a Zone.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #836  
Old 01-17-2020, 07:54 AM
tylerc's Avatar
tylerc tylerc is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: nc
Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 76
Posts: 1,364
Niced 180 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thmz View Post
Is there a disc that fits between Zone and a Firebird? Love my Zones, i have a JB, Z and a Cryztal FLX. From straight to overstable. Same with Firebirds. I have tried a Gator, was not for me. MD4 was too straight. Justice was close, but hard to find "straight" ones. So, any ideas?
I use a quake and trident between my zone and firebird

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #837  
Old 01-17-2020, 08:04 AM
Titan037's Avatar
Titan037 Titan037 is offline
AKA dgfanatic7
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 3,377
Niced 242 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej View Post
I use an Anvil for the slot you’re talking about. Very OS and longer than a Zone.
Sounds like a Malta
Reply With Quote
  #838  
Old 01-17-2020, 08:56 AM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,901
Niced 1,753 Times in 897 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerc View Post
I use a quake and trident between my zone and firebird
Quake is the answer.
Reply With Quote
  #839  
Old 01-17-2020, 09:05 AM
_.-Dut-._'s Avatar
_.-Dut-._ _.-Dut-._ is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Catawba NC
Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 111
Posts: 1,266
Niced 13 Times in 9 Posts
Send a message via AIM to _.-Dut-._
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thmz View Post
Is there a disc that fits between Zone and a Firebird? Love my Zones, i have a JB, Z and a Cryztal FLX. From straight to overstable. Same with Firebirds. I have tried a Gator, was not for me. MD4 was too straight. Justice was close, but hard to find "straight" ones. So, any ideas?
Drone
Reply With Quote
 

  #840  
Old 01-17-2020, 11:30 AM
BuzzzChief's Avatar
BuzzzChief BuzzzChief is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Years Playing: 19
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,744
Niced 532 Times in 285 Posts
Default

Depends on whether you are looking for a longer mid or a shorter driver.

Kaxe, Banshee, Resistor are the first discs I think of. All overstable tweeners.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Ask Discmania Thread rarintal Discs 3908 Yesterday 02:37 PM
The Official Brainwave Disc Thread Brainwavedisc Disc Dyeing 16 04-08-2016 12:44 AM
The Official First Dyes Thread LeewayeDiscGolf Disc Dyeing 328 12-22-2014 11:21 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.