Old 01-20-2020, 05:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 12
Niced 486 Times in 345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rol6566 View Post
Can anyone compare to an Aviar3? I currently putt/approach with XT and Luster
Shallower and much less OS. Definitely has more glide as well.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 01-20-2020, 06:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 328 Times in 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeHyzer View Post
but it putted more like a lightly seasoned P2 for me...glidey with some good stability.
I have only felt P2 putters, never putted with them but my first thought when i grabbed the Fierce was this^^^

My friend putted with P2s

Old 01-22-2020, 11:59 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 157 Times in 80 Posts

I just noticed that the Discraft website describes the PPP/Fierce as having a slightly smaller diameter. If that is the case, it may eliminate the idea of it being old molds tops and bottoms. Or at least narrow down the possibilities.

Where my caliper peeps at?
Old 01-22-2020, 12:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,803 Times in 1,008 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey B.O.B. View Post
I just noticed that the Discraft website describes the PPP/Fierce as having a slightly smaller diameter. If that is the case, it may eliminate the idea of it being old molds tops and bottoms. Or at least narrow down the possibilities.

Where my caliper peeps at?
Infinite has it at:

Paige Pierce Prototype Dimensions:
Diameter: 21.0 cm
Height: 2.3 cm
Rim Depth: 1.4 cm
Rim Width: 1.0 cm
Max Weight: 173.00 g
Old 01-22-2020, 12:40 PM
Birdie Member

By the infinite numbers, height of 2.3 cm makes it taller/deeper/less low profile than challenger, roach and luna. This uneases me but I’ve noticed measurements on infinite that seemed off before.

I bit the bullet and have one coming in Friday. I’m hoping for a low profile putting putter. I’ve heard people describe it as low profile and surprisingly deep...?
Old 01-22-2020, 12:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 230 Times in 141 Posts

Quote:
By the infinite numbers, height of 2.3 cm makes it taller/deeper/less low profile than challenger, roach and luna. This uneases me but I’ve noticed measurements on infinite that seemed off before.

I bit the bullet and have one coming in Friday. I’m hoping for a low profile putting putter. I’ve heard people describe it as low profile and surprisingly deep...?
height doesn't necessarily mean rim depth, the rim can be shallow but the disc overall can be taller
Old 01-22-2020, 03:31 PM
Birdie Member

This is where our terminology issues come in. Personally, I would think of it like a bowl. The depth of a bowl does not refer to the configuration of the sides. It could be squared or curved. Just the distance from the middle bottom to the full level. I suppose I need to start using the terms height/tall/short.

I have always had issues with my putting release that I have found to be improved by discs that are shallow/short/low profile/not a deep bowl. For extreme example, zone. Sounds like Discraft still doesn’t have a stable/under stable “shallow“ putter. I grip my putters with a fan grip. I don’t care what the “rim depth“ is if it’s completely different an inch in from the rim.

Who knows, maybe I’ll like it.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 230 Times in 141 Posts

Quote:
This is where our terminology issues come in. Personally, I would think of it like a bowl. The depth of a bowl does not refer to the configuration of the sides. It could be squared or curved. Just the distance from the middle bottom to the full level. I suppose I need to start using the terms height/tall/short.

I have always had issues with my putting release that I have found to be improved by discs that are shallow/short/low profile/not a deep bowl. For extreme example, zone. Sounds like Discraft still doesn’t have a stable/under stable “shallow“ putter. I grip my putters with a fan grip. I don’t care what the “rim depth“ is if it’s completely different an inch in from the rim.

Who knows, maybe I’ll like it.
I think you will, I’m the same way Bogey. I prefer shallow putters because of the release off my smaller hands. I have learned out to putt while keeping my pinky on the inside rim but it still releases better with shallow putters. What I’m saying is the shoulder oft the disc can’t be somewhat y’all while the inside rim is shorter. On top of that the fierce actually has a step slope from the shoulder to the flight plate so along the edge where the thumb sits near, the disc feels shallower than placing your thumb more on the flight plate closer to the center.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,803 Times in 1,008 Posts

Just got my first par of Fierce. . and holy crap this disc feels nice in the hand, and no sharp edges
Just on feel alone i´m thinking i might make this my new putter. . i have hundreds of putters and the Fierce is one of, if not the nicest "hand feel" i have ever felt.
If this flies as it feel. . .

Old 01-24-2020, 08:20 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 252 Times in 143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Just got my first par of Fierce. . and holy crap this disc feels nice in the hand, and no sharp edges
Just on feel alone i´m thinking i might make this my new putter. . i have hundreds of putters and the Fierce is one of, if not the nicest "hand feel" i have ever felt.
If this flies as it feel. . .
Can you compare this to the Reko?