#221  
Old 01-20-2020, 05:37 PM
ILUVSMGS18 ILUVSMGS18 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Keeseville, NY
Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 12
Posts: 1,772
Niced 486 Times in 345 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rol6566 View Post
Can anyone compare to an Aviar3? I currently putt/approach with XT and Luster
Shallower and much less OS. Definitely has more glide as well.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 01-20-2020, 06:53 PM
Emoney's Avatar
Emoney Emoney is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,063
Niced 328 Times in 191 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeHyzer View Post
but it putted more like a lightly seasoned P2 for me...glidey with some good stability.
I have only felt P2 putters, never putted with them but my first thought when i grabbed the Fierce was this^^^

My friend putted with P2s

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 01-22-2020, 11:59 AM
Bogey B.O.B.'s Avatar
Bogey B.O.B. Bogey B.O.B. is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 278
Niced 157 Times in 80 Posts
Default

I just noticed that the Discraft website describes the PPP/Fierce as having a slightly smaller diameter. If that is the case, it may eliminate the idea of it being old molds tops and bottoms. Or at least narrow down the possibilities.

Where my caliper peeps at?
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 01-22-2020, 12:17 PM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,987
Niced 1,803 Times in 1,008 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey B.O.B. View Post
I just noticed that the Discraft website describes the PPP/Fierce as having a slightly smaller diameter. If that is the case, it may eliminate the idea of it being old molds tops and bottoms. Or at least narrow down the possibilities.

Where my caliper peeps at?
Infinite has it at:

Paige Pierce Prototype Dimensions:
Diameter: 21.0 cm
Height: 2.3 cm
Rim Depth: 1.4 cm
Rim Width: 1.0 cm
Max Weight: 173.00 g
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 01-22-2020, 12:40 PM
Bogey B.O.B.'s Avatar
Bogey B.O.B. Bogey B.O.B. is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 278
Niced 157 Times in 80 Posts
Default

By the infinite numbers, height of 2.3 cm makes it taller/deeper/less low profile than challenger, roach and luna. This uneases me but I’ve noticed measurements on infinite that seemed off before.

I bit the bullet and have one coming in Friday. I’m hoping for a low profile putting putter. I’ve heard people describe it as low profile and surprisingly deep...?
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 01-22-2020, 12:51 PM
Titan037's Avatar
Titan037 Titan037 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 3,370
Niced 230 Times in 141 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey B.O.B. View Post
By the infinite numbers, height of 2.3 cm makes it taller/deeper/less low profile than challenger, roach and luna. This uneases me but I’ve noticed measurements on infinite that seemed off before.

I bit the bullet and have one coming in Friday. I’m hoping for a low profile putting putter. I’ve heard people describe it as low profile and surprisingly deep...?
height doesn't necessarily mean rim depth, the rim can be shallow but the disc overall can be taller
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 01-22-2020, 03:31 PM
Bogey B.O.B.'s Avatar
Bogey B.O.B. Bogey B.O.B. is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 278
Niced 157 Times in 80 Posts
Default

This is where our terminology issues come in. Personally, I would think of it like a bowl. The depth of a bowl does not refer to the configuration of the sides. It could be squared or curved. Just the distance from the middle bottom to the full level. I suppose I need to start using the terms height/tall/short.

I have always had issues with my putting release that I have found to be improved by discs that are shallow/short/low profile/not a deep bowl. For extreme example, zone. Sounds like Discraft still doesn’t have a stable/under stable “shallow“ putter. I grip my putters with a fan grip. I don’t care what the “rim depth“ is if it’s completely different an inch in from the rim.

Who knows, maybe I’ll like it.
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 01-22-2020, 06:13 PM
Titan037's Avatar
Titan037 Titan037 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 3,370
Niced 230 Times in 141 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey B.O.B. View Post
This is where our terminology issues come in. Personally, I would think of it like a bowl. The depth of a bowl does not refer to the configuration of the sides. It could be squared or curved. Just the distance from the middle bottom to the full level. I suppose I need to start using the terms height/tall/short.

I have always had issues with my putting release that I have found to be improved by discs that are shallow/short/low profile/not a deep bowl. For extreme example, zone. Sounds like Discraft still doesn’t have a stable/under stable “shallow“ putter. I grip my putters with a fan grip. I don’t care what the “rim depth“ is if it’s completely different an inch in from the rim.

Who knows, maybe I’ll like it.
I think you will, I’m the same way Bogey. I prefer shallow putters because of the release off my smaller hands. I have learned out to putt while keeping my pinky on the inside rim but it still releases better with shallow putters. What I’m saying is the shoulder oft the disc can’t be somewhat y’all while the inside rim is shorter. On top of that the fierce actually has a step slope from the shoulder to the flight plate so along the edge where the thumb sits near, the disc feels shallower than placing your thumb more on the flight plate closer to the center.
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 01-24-2020, 08:12 AM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,987
Niced 1,803 Times in 1,008 Posts
Default

Just got my first par of Fierce. . and holy crap this disc feels nice in the hand, and no sharp edges
Just on feel alone i´m thinking i might make this my new putter. . i have hundreds of putters and the Fierce is one of, if not the nicest "hand feel" i have ever felt.
If this flies as it feel. . .

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #230  
Old 01-24-2020, 08:20 AM
riltim riltim is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 863
Niced 252 Times in 143 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Just got my first par of Fierce. . and holy crap this disc feels nice in the hand, and no sharp edges
Just on feel alone i´m thinking i might make this my new putter. . i have hundreds of putters and the Fierce is one of, if not the nicest "hand feel" i have ever felt.
If this flies as it feel. . .
Can you compare this to the Reko?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Has Paige Pierce peaked? SD86 General Disc Golf Chat 339 09-21-2019 10:41 PM
Paige Pierce Still Prodigy? jjtwinnova General Disc Golf Chat 34 08-08-2016 07:44 PM
Paige Pierce AMA Halcón General Disc Golf Chat 12 05-25-2015 08:10 PM
Paige Pierce First Runs westflagator Discs 2 10-25-2012 07:24 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.